Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,912 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Confirmed voice cast (so far) for the Holiday Special
Kelly Marie Tran - Rose
Daisy Ridley - Rey
Oscar Isaac - Poe
John Boyega - FInn
Billy Dee Williams - Lando
Anthony Daniels - C3PO
Tom Kane - Yoda/ Qui-Gon
James Arnold Taylor - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Matt Lanter - Anakin Skywalker
Dee Bradley Baker - Clone Troopers

Also, this unbelivably fantastic poster.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
On the surface, this seems very cringeworthy... but the lego movies are usually decent for laughs...
Duncan Idaho
SpreadsheetAg said:

On the surface, this seems very cringeworthy... but the lego movies are usually decent for laughs...

Lego star wars and lego movies are two completely different things with two completely different tones, styles and humor
Decay
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

It is totally cringe worthy but they pull it off. My kid loves Lego "insert franchise here". It's a nice mix of the source and playfulness that probably wouldn't work if everything wasn't these silly plastic blocks.
TrustTheAwesomeness
AG
The Netflix show "Toys That Made Us" has episodes about Legos and Star Wars toys. Pretty interesting especially to see the evolution of the brands and the toys and the entertainment that goes hand in hand.
dave99ag
AG
It's crazy to think Lego almost went out of business considering the juggernaut they are now. Those Toys the Made Us are great for 80s kids.
Decay
AG
TrustTheAwesomeness said:

The Netflix show "Toys That Made Us" has episodes about Legos and Star Wars toys. Pretty interesting especially to see the evolution of the brands and the toys and the entertainment that goes hand in hand.
Thanks for the tip! I probably helped keep them alive back when they only sold planes and boats and stuff.
Decay
redline248
AG
Counterpoint to Brian...Chewbacca is MAGA

sburg2007
What's the deal with the LEGO Star Wars shows? Cannon or nah?
YouBet
AG
sburg2007 said:

What's the deal with the LEGO Star Wars shows? Cannon or nah?
No.
Duncan Idaho
Flagged since this post should suffer the same date as Brian's post.
redline248
AG
That's fine with me, even though I didn't think Brian's needed to be deleted.

by the way, this is from the Lego Star Wars saga on the original Wii.
Duncan Idaho
I didn't think you would give a crap about Brian's post.

I thought that both were funny.
Duncan Idaho
Oh and the lego star wars games are pretty enjoyable for some casual gaming.

They also provide the back story for C3PO's red arm
TCTTS
AG

https://www.slashfilm.com/george-lucas-star-wars-sequel-trilogy-would-have-brought-back-darth-maul-leaned-heavily-on-princess-leia/
redline248
AG
You know, I'm kind of glad George didn't get that done, not to mention the alleged midiclorian focused stuff. The way Maul was handled in Clone Wars/Rebels was just about perfect.

That being said...I would bet a small sum that his sequels would be a 50/50 at being better received than what we got.

AliasMan02
AG
That guy. God bless Lucas, but who would believe anything he says at this point?
PatAg
AG
Since it took so long for the sequels to be made after the original trilogy, they probably should have never tried to continue the main story line in movie form.
OR, recast the characters (people never accept that, even though it shouldn't be a problem)
OR, jumped the story forward and not had to rely on Luke, Leia, Han and the gang for the story.

OR, started a new story in the same universe.

Flashdiaz
AG
I really do like Maul's story arc in Clone Wars\Rebel's ... that being said, it does truly show that the dark side is more powerful. Maul can survive being cut in two and thrown down a shaft and the emperor can survive falling down a shaft and blowing up in the death star.
Then you have the Jedi:
Qui-Gone can't survive a poke.
Mace can't survive getting an arm cut off and falling into the city. the same city Anakin survived falling through without a scratch.
That silly jedi couldn't survive 2 blaster hits from Jango.

yeahyeahyeah some jedi can come back as disembodied voices but what fun is that compared to actually living longer.
jokershady
AG
Flashdiaz said:

I really do like Maul's story arc in Clone Wars\Rebel's ... that being said, it does truly show that the dark side is more powerful. Maul can survive being cut in two and thrown down a shaft and the emperor can survive falling down a shaft and blowing up in the death star.
Then you have the Jedi:
Qui-Gone can't survive a poke.
Mace can't survive getting an arm cut off and falling into the city. the same city Anakin survived falling through without a scratch.
That silly jedi couldn't survive 2 blaster hits from Jango.

yeahyeahyeah some jedi can come back as disembodied voices but what fun is that compared to actually living longer.
well....through Star Wars sales there's WAY MORE dark side related purchases than light....so the fans probably prefer to see the dead baddies come back to life anyways
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Yoda is all, "hmm, let me go see what I think about these new shoes," gets there and says "you don't need to put them in the box, I'll wear them out of the store."
sburg2007
Welp, just finished all of clone wars. That was amazing. Through three episodes of Rebels before the kid woke up. There's so many options for characters coming out of this into the d+ shows. Thought maybe we'd get dutchess Satine in obi wan show until that wasn't gonna happen anymore, but perhaps we see Bo Kataan?

The four episode finale Arc shot to the top of my favorites. If that was a movie like Rogue One, the entire Disney Era would possibly have a different tone, and I actually enjoyed Solo and TFA.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Watching the S2 rebels episode where they steal an imperial carrier and blow up an imperial cruiser over Ryloth got me thinking about these space battles in near-plannetary orbit.

I wonder what would be the real effect on the planet below (like Ryloth or the end of Rebels or Jakku) of a star destroyer crashing into the surface from a couple hundred miles up.
AliasMan02
AG
sburg2007 said:

perhaps we see Bo Kataan?

I've got good news for you!
Dro07
AG
sburg2007
The armoror?
Dro07
AG
i was thinking because he said this
Quote:

Through three episodes of Rebels before the kid woke up.

AliasMan02
AG
sburg2007 said:

The armoror?

Katee Sackhoff is reprising her voice role as Bo Katan in live action.
sburg2007
Nice! I feel like I missed confirmation on that. I'm hoping we get these folks before the finale. Some good screen time.
YouBet
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Watching the S2 rebels episode where they steal an imperial carrier and blow up an imperial cruiser over Ryloth got me thinking about these space battles in near-plannetary orbit.

I wonder what would be the real effect on the planet below (like Ryloth or the end of Rebels or Jakku) of a star destroyer crashing into the surface from a couple hundred miles up.
I would have to think it would be close to a planet killer.
redline248
AG
nerd glasses on

Vader's super star destroyer was allegedly 19,000 meters or 11.8 miles long. Two different articles I found from a search say scientists believe an asteroid would have to be 60 miles wide to completely wipe out all life on Earth, and that is with a collision speed of 30,000 mph. A star destroyer falling from low, or even high orbit, wouldn't reach that speed, but would still do massive damage. Apparently the asteroid that is considered to have killed the dinosaurs was only 7or 8 miles wide.

edited from km to m
redline248
AG
the death star crashing into a moon like Endor might be enough to obliterate everything
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
redline248 said:

nerd glasses on

Vader's super star destroyer was allegedly 19,000 meters or 11.8 miles long. Two different articles I found from a search say scientists believe an asteroid would have to be 60 miles wide to completely wipe out all life on Earth, and that is with a collision speed of 30,000 mph. A star destroyer falling from low, or even high orbit, wouldn't reach that speed, but would still do massive damage. Apparently the asteroid that is considered to have killed the dinosaurs was only 7or 8 miles wide.

edited from km to m

But we dont know anything about the physical properties what the destroyers are made of, maybe their hulls are like the weight of styrofoam
First Page Last Page
Page 990 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.