Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,944 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For the second straight interview there was a period of several minutes when I realized I wasn't taking any notes. Just listening like a dope.

I've supposedly got 3 of these things next week. I'm not sure my nerd heart can take it.
exitone
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Welp, my life is all down hill from here, boys

I am suffering temporary amnesia so I can post this.

"Mark's the kind of guy who was so grateful for everything that he embraced the fan base 100% and never shied away from the character. I was the kind of guy who wasn't comfortable being known for just one character. In those days I wanted to be known for being an actor, not a character, so i put distance between myself and the role, always wanting to take on new work and getting irritated when I was recognized for only one thing. Then you get older and you realize that you've been rejecting this gift. This gift of unconditional love from people; some of them grandchildren of the people who saw the first films, some of them 80, 90, 100 years old. Then when they came to me about the new films, I was worried that I couldn't get the character back and do the part justice. I was on the fence about it until Mark called me one day and said, 'Let's just do it for fun.' And that's what it is, at the end of the day. I put on the costume and walk onto the set and there's Peter Mayhew wearing his costume. I walk into the cockpit of the ship and it all comes back and I remember thinking, "Why did I wait so long for this?"

I'm not crying. You're crying.
That is really surprising to read.
Thanks for sharing.
exitone
AG
So I'm trying to figure out what this could be.
A few days ago it was someone unrelated to Star Wars.
Today it is someone related to Star Wars, where at least one excerpt is talking about someone else from Star Wars.
What in the world could this be. Hmmm.....
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm not sure if you are joking. A few weeks ago I got hired to write a book about the history of leading men on Hollywood. I'm doing hopefully 8 interviews with actors who fit that bill. Denzel Washington and Harrison Ford were the first 2. Quite honestly I would have paid them to hire me, today and last week were 2 hours that I will remember for the rest of my life.
jeffk
AG
Are you interviewing TCTTS or Redstone next?

Seriously though, that's awesome. Let us know when the book comes out so we can support you.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Truly amazing, not just that he gave this answer in an interview, but that he said to you, no less.

Can I consider myself two degrees of separation away from knowing Harrison Ford even if it's via e-friendship?
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I'm not sure if you are joking. A few weeks ago I got hired to write a book about the history of leading men on Hollywood. I'm doing hopefully 8 interviews with actors who fit that bill. Denzel Washington and Harrison Ford were the first 2. Quite honestly I would have paid them to hire me, today and last week were 2 hours that I will remember for the rest of my life.
Wait a f'ing minute.....there are 8 different legendary actors?!?!?! I thought it was just Harrison.

Jesus tiddy f'ing dancing Christ.

Can I be your friend IRL?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Truly amazing, not just that he gave this answer in an interview, but that he said to you, no less.

Can I consider myself two degrees of separation away from knowing Harrison Ford even if it's via e-friendship?

I made sure I didn't ask any star wars questions until I had asked all the book questions because I was terrified he was not going to want to talk about star wars. Both he and Denzel Washington were really gracious and patient talking to a dummy like me. The people in charge have told me covid is the best thing to happen to this book because nobody's doing much of anything and they are flexible on schedules. There are 3 scheduled for next week. A fourth backed out which sucks but how can I complain? I really can't believe it. Its making my other projects seem a little tougher to do. I've got a section of a book on big data due tomorrow night that I'm way behind on because I couldn't sit still all day before or after talking to han solo.
TCTTS
AG
I just can't get over how awesome this is, and that, like Spilner said, you, of all people, got to be the one to do this. When this book is finally released, that Ford quote needs to be shared far and wide. I could see a lot of sites absolutely picking it up, as so many Star Wars fans would love to read those words.
dave99ag
AG
Glad to hear he at least realizes how important that role has been for many people even if later in his life. Such an honest response and you got it out of him. Awesome job!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
YouBet said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Wait a f'ing minute.....there are 8 different legendary actors?!?!?! I thought it was just Harrison.

Jesus tiddy f'ing dancing Christ.

Can I be your friend IRL?
I am much lamer in real life, but sure.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

after talking to han solo
You got to talk to HENRY JONES JR and this han solo is all you can think about?????
Ulrich
Congratulations, man. This is f'n boss and I'm glad it's happening to you.
Chipotlemonger
AG
So damn cool.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
jeffk said:

Seriously though, that's awesome. Let us know when the book comes out so we can support you.
When Denzel Washington came on and I explained the product he said, "Why don't you just get Redstone on here?"
exitone
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Yep, I knew you were interviewing a list of big name actors, but didn't think you had revealed the subject of the book. I was trying to figure out what it could be about when you were talking with Denzel, and then Harrison when MH is brought up on the discussion.

This is great and keep us updated on when it comes, I will buy a copy. And like TC said... if you include that quote from Harrison, it will get picked up. I'm worried though you are saying too much... don't want you get into trouble with that NDA. But we are definitely enjoying the updates.
jokershady
AG
I haven't bought a book for myself in a long time.

I am most definitely buying this!!!!!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It will be a long while before it comes out - I think they have next Christmas as the target date. Interviews are easy, the research is massive, but exciting. The editors will make all the final cuts but if they don't include that quote I will burn Hollywood to the ground (assuming the wildfires don't get there first).

I figured a Harrison Ford quote was safe with you guys. It's not like I streamed the Zoom call on TexAgs. I'll resume to posting pictures of whom I'm interviewing that day to try and contain myself. As long as I don't attract anymore F16 attention, I should make it through unscathed.

Ornithopter
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

It will be a long while before it comes out - I think they have next Christmas as the target date. Interviews are easy, the research is massive, but exciting. The editors will make all the final cuts but if they don't include that quote I will burn Hollywood to the ground (assuming the wildfires don't get there first).

I figured a Harrison Ford quote was safe with you guys. It's not like I streamed the Zoom call on TexAgs. I'll resume to posting pictures of whom I'm interviewing that day to try and contain myself. As long as I don't attract anymore F16 attention, I should make it through unscathed.

I would remove it. It's awesome, but there are dicks everywhere. It only takes one.
OnlyForNow
AG
This, and if you ever ever shared any sentiment about being pro-trump or anti-anything. there are now known hate-mongers who are on this site and would probably like for nothing better than to ruin your life.
wangus12
AG
Man when that quote hits the Star Wars message boards, its gonna be awesome. So cool that you got to hear it. Like BES said, I'm pulling the 7 degrees of separation card.

Also make sure that if we are removing the quote, that the people who quoted it in their own post delete as well.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
OnlyForNow said:

This, and if you ever ever shared any sentiment about being pro-trump or anti-anything. there are now known hate-mongers who are on this site and would probably like for nothing better than to ruin your life.
One of their finest came after me in real life 3 weeks ago. I agree with your statement 100%.
wangus12
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

OnlyForNow said:

One of their finest came after me in real life 3 weeks ago. I agree with your statement 100%.
Really aggravates me that people have nothing better to do than try to ruin people's lives off something said on a freaking message board, regardless of what stance it was over
OnlyForNow
AG
Utterly ridiculous.
Duncan Idaho
Wow. What triggered those snowflakes? I don't remember you posting anything that would set them off.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
while I am very excited to see you in Dune, I don't think its smart to rehash the incident here.

Monday interview confirmed. That and as yet unconfirmed Wednesday are actors from 2 of my favorite 5 non-series films (movies without sequels) of all time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Muck, I'll have you know that I shared your quote with my Star Wars buddies on Slack (won't travel outside of that chat), and they all loved it.

I don't see how they could possibly leave that quote out, honestly. If they do, we need to find another way to circulate it. Seriously.

Out of curiosity, are you doing Zoom video interviews or are these audio only?
Duncan Idaho
MuckRaker96 said:

while I am very excited to see you in Dune, I don't think its smart to rehash the incident here.

Monday interview confirmed. That and as yet unconfirmed Wednesday are actors from 2 of my favorite 5 non-series films (movies without sequels) of all time.

Completely understand.

So you are interviewing Bruce Willis ( Fifth Element) and Brad Pitt (Thelma and Louise). Or george clooney (solaris)
Decay
AG
Muck do whatever you have to do to keep your NDA! But man such good stuff.

Good luck with your interviews and writing.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Completely understand.

So you are interviewing Bruce Willis ( Fifth Element) and Brad Pitt (Thelma and Louise). Or george clooney (solaris)
Well, no. Although I do love the Fifth Element. The other night I was saying how great it was and when I turned it on during the commercial break of something else to show my kids how cool it was, it was a part where Milla is totally naked, so that didn't go over so well with Lady Muck.

They are all video calls. I had to swear a blood oath to Crom and risk contemplation on the Tree of Woe that I would not record or distribute them in any way.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Completely understand.

Well, no. Although I do love the Fifth Element. The other night I was saying how great it was and when I turned it on during the commercial break of something else to show my kids how cool it was, it was a part where Milla is totally naked, so that didn't go over so well with Lady Muck.

They are all video calls. I had to swear a blood oath to Crom and risk contemplation on the Tree of Woe that I would not record or distribute them in any way.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Buddy of mine use to have the best Thulsa Doom impersonation he would break out at work after a really pissy phone call from some customers.

He'd be in his office and you'd hear

"They shall all drown in lakes of blood. Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they learn why they fear the night."
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

jeffk said:

When Denzel Washington came on and I explained the product he said, "Why don't you just get Redstone on here?"
We would have to shut this board if Denzel came on and said, "Not sure why I'm here...Redstone interviewed me for this two years ago."
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
or more accurately, Denzel interviewed Redstone.
Belton Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

or more accurately, Denzel interviewed Redstone.
But Harrison Ford already interview Redstone before Denzel.
First Page Last Page
Page 979 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.