Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,442 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Grace Randolph is literally the worst
Farmer1906
AG
canadiaggie said:

Grace Randolph is literally the worst
I think you're thinking of Toby.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is both hilarious and makes me feel much better. (I never liked her much and many of her opinions are suspect.)

How did she land the Snyder interview?
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

Grace Randolph is worse than We've Got This Covered. Please don't listen to a word she says about anything. She's a lying, click-thirsty hack who couldn't share a genuine, accurate scoop if her life depended on it. Everyone who's anyone in entertainment journalism mocks her relentlessly, as they should. She's a literal insane person who makes sh*t up for money, and it irks me to no end that she somehow still has a job fooling so many unsuspecting people. No one should give that pathological sociopath their time or their attention.
This is a great little rant. Well done.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This is both hilarious and makes me feel much better. (I never liked her much and many of her opinions are suspect.)

How did she land the Snyder interview?

Unfortunately, she has the ear of superhero fans. And she's fringe enough, but with just enough followers, that she probably appears legit to publicists who otherwise don't know her all that well.
TV Casualty
AG
I can be fairly negative about Star Wars these days, but that Mandolorian trailer looks awesome.
The Collective
AG
TV Casualty said:

I can be fairly negative about Star Wars these days, but that Mandolorian trailer looks awesome.

Feel like my user name just needs to quote this post.
MandoArms
So was that Sabine in the black robe?
IG: mando_arms
gougler08
AG
BrownCoat said:

That would be interesting and a cool add in
YouBet
AG
BrownCoat said:

Not sure...as they were showing her the narrator was talking about the mythical, sorcerer Jedi's. That suggested to me this person was a Jedi in hiding.

Who knows though.

And if Sabine ended up being a Jedi don't tell me!!! Still in middle of season 6 TCW.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I GOT THE BOOK JOB!

Farmer1906
AG
Congrats.

Aggie_Journalist
AG
Congratulations, Muck! Have fun with it and let us know when we can get our hands on it.
Thanks and gig'em
twilly
AG
To Muck....

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
MandoArms
Well it does look like Sasha banks
IG: mando_arms
Flashdiaz
AG
exitone
AG
My thought that was that this was a Jedi since in the trailer they were talking about the Jedi at that point, and she didnt look like Sabine in this shot.

That being said, when I heard she was originally cast I didn't know who she was so I googled her. My thoughts were:
1) She had colored hair in the images I saw of her, which coincidentally Sabine had (not that it really matters)
2) She didnt seem to have the right look for how I pictured Sabine.

None of that means anything, I'm just hoping that whoever they actually cast as Sabine they found the right person. From looks alone, Dawson was a great choice for Ashoka. If this person is Sabine, I'm not sold on her yet.
Dro07
AG
So did anyone else think the Armors voice sound like Katee Sackhoff or am i looking to much into that?
512Ag
AG
BrownCoat said:

I'm not up on every detail of every character from Clone Wars, but is there a chance it's Barriss Offee? Is she even alive at this point in time?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Congrats!
bluefire579
AG
512Ag said:

BrownCoat said:

I'm not up on every detail of every character from Clone Wars, but is there a chance it's Barriss Offee? Is she even alive at this point in time?
Barriss has more of a green tint to her skin, so I don't think it's her. I double checked on Wookieepedia as to whether she was even alive after the OT, but it wasn't much help - the tone of the article implies she's dead, but she kind of vanishes after Ahsoka's trial, so a bit unclear if she's still alive. I wouldn't think Palp and friends would have left her alive, but who knows?
redline248
AG
One thing about trailers: just bc the voice over is talking about something, the scene being shown isn't necessarily related.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

What are you gonna ask Harrison?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
THIS IS THE WAY!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well .. I can't talk about it. Because I just signed more legal documents than when we bought a house. They sent me the list of 12 people they have made initial overtures to and have heard at least some interest back from. They hope to get a minimum of eight of them. Not that I've been living the charmed life all these years but I have interviewed several pro athletes, Slick Rick Perry and a couple of other names. But talking to any of these 12 will push all those people aside for me on the coolness chart.

So since I can't say anything, on days over the next many months, occasionally I'm going post a random picture of someone, mostly non-Star Wars related. And that'll be our code so I don't lose this thing, since apparently quite a few people on TexAgs have assigned me the moniker of the Devil Incarnate in the last month or so, I'd hate to have someone be my Johnny Raincloud.

The first Zoom is supposed to be Friday. Excuse me while I go continue to freak out and try to come to terms that every job I have after this one is going to suck ass by comparison. They talked about me maybe coming to Socal for a couple in person depending on various factors. if that happens, I'll have to consider giving TC a shout, although I fear if we actually are in the same place at the same time and shake hands, the Universe might shatter upon itself.

Look for my posting on the third day, at noon, look to the Star Wars thread.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I could totally see that being Sabine and there being a great scene where she throws off the gray robes and reveals the bright hair and colors she's known for. That would be a fantastic "ah-hah!" real for fans of Rebels.
Thanks and gig'em
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

if that happens, I'll have to consider giving TC a shout, although I fear if we actually are in the same place at the same time and shake hands, the Universe might shatter upon itself.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, would love to meet up anytime. Let me know when and if you're out this way.

Congrats! This is so cool!
TCTTS
AG
Also, re: the discussion about the Mando S2 trailer, this was posted in the other thread and has just about every (speculative) answer you could possibly want at this point...

YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well .. I can't talk about it. Because I just signed more legal documents than when we bought a house. They sent me the list of 12 people they have made initial overtures to and have heard at least some interest back from. They hope to get a minimum of eight of them. Not that I've been living the charmed life all these years but I have interviewed several pro athletes, Slick Rick Perry and a couple of other names. But talking to any of these 12 will push all those people aside for me on the coolness chart.

So since I can't say anything, on days over the next many months, occasionally I'm going post a random picture of someone, mostly non-Star Wars related. And that'll be our code so I don't lose this thing, since apparently quite a few people on TexAgs have assigned me the moniker of the Devil Incarnate in the last month or so, I'd hate to have someone be my Johnny Raincloud.

The first Zoom is supposed to be Friday. Excuse me while I go continue to freak out and try to come to terms that every job I have after this one is going to suck ass by comparison. They talked about me maybe coming to Socal for a couple in person depending on various factors. if that happens, I'll have to consider giving TC a shout, although I fear if we actually are in the same place at the same time and shake hands, the Universe might shatter upon itself.

Look for my posting on the third day, at noon, look to the Star Wars thread.
Congrats!

Happy Dance!:

Hagen95
AG
Congrats muck. That is awesome!
Hagen95
AG
The Sabine idea is interesting. Particularly since she is also Mandalorian.
dave99ag
AG
Congratulations, Muck! Will you get any form of credit as a ghostwriter or is it just known you worked on the project for future projects?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
dave99ag said:

Congratulations, Muck! Will you get any form of credit as a ghostwriter or is it just known you worked on the project for future projects?
I'll get money and cred for potential future projects with them and anyone else they know. They got my info from a another publishing house on a book I ghostwrote about Big Data destroying us all (making the Social Dilemma on Netflix a must watch if you haven't seen it). I started freelancing full time in 2013 and it's evolved over time to where 95% of what I do is ghostwriting for other people.
TCTTS
AG
You're the second person today I've randomly seen suggest The Social Dilemma. I hadn't even heard of it prior, but will definitely check it out now.
First Page Last Page
Page 976 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.