Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,898 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What a world we live in.
Ulrich
Wait, so was anyone confused about Gina Carano's gender? Because a quick Google search will clear that right up.
Farmer1906
AG
Con confirm

twilly
AG
My son is the main video game player in the house, but this looks pretty freaking wicked!

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Breaking news from the Holonet: Baby Yoda is pansexual.
Decay
AG
*clicks "would you like to know more?" *
Malachi Constant
AG
I was upset at how fast we transitioned from Gina Carano to that digital short.

That short is awesome, and here is another picture of Gina and her pronouns.

YouBet
AG
Hope she holds the line. What utter insanity.

And she fine.
TCTTS
AG
twilly said:

My son is the main video game player in the house, but this looks pretty freaking wicked!

The single shot below, locked onto the TIE Fighter, from that awesome trailer, needs to encapsulate the cinematic future of Star Wars going forward. Because it's a shot that looks like something out of Top Gun: Maverick or a Mission: Impossible movie...

I randomly flipped to The Force Awakens the other day on cable, and one of the things that stood out to me was the vintage, old school wipe edits. Just like how Lucas used in the originals. And I totally get why they were used in the sequels, and even argue that they *should* have been used in the sequels, to make it all feel part of a whole. But they also stuck out to me as calling back to 40-year-old editing techniques, which, in turn, were referencing editing techniques from the '30s and '40s. And it hit me how most new audience members (i.e. kids and teenagers) likely don't even get the reference. In that sense, the SW movies in their current form have all felt like they've had to be beholden to what came before, and haven't yet been allowed to feel more like modern action/sci-fi movies with visceral camera angles and awesome stunts and what not.

I'm not saying the way things have been done in the SW franchise until now have been wrong. Not by a long shot, and obviously there's a charm to that brand of movie making. But the fact is, it's starting to feel somewhat dated and constricting compared to what we see now from other top franchises. So I just hope that, as Lucasfilm moves forward cinematically, the movies are allowed to take on a slightly different tone/vibe, and feel a bit more visceral in terms of the action and stunts and what not, as exemplified, as random as it might be, by that single shot above.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I've got a second interview for the book on Wednesday at 9 am and they're having me sign some NDAs tomorrow. I am about to enter freak the **** out mode.

YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I've got a second interview for the book on Wednesday at 9 am and they're having me sign some NDAs tomorrow. I am about to enter freak the **** out mode.

Put exclusion in there for F13. We are all anonymous anyway. None of us will share anything outside of this board. We promise!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm going to sign us up for a course in how to read and write in either klingon or hieroglyphics to get around it.
TCTTS
AG
Nice!
Malachi Constant
AG
Muck getting published and TC producing a show makes me excited to see what the entertainment industry might look like in 5-10 years knowing some cool stuff started on little ol' texags e-board.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's awesome, dude.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

Muck getting published and TC producing a show makes me excited to see what the entertainment industry might look like in 5-10 years knowing some cool stuff started on little ol' texags e-board.

If it works out I will be a ghostwriter only. As I have been for many other much more terrible endeavors, including a romance novel set in the pan handle in the 1830s.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If you have the Disney+ App, some new MANDO images are showing up when you click the different screens, including Mando on a boat and the Razor Crest flying between two X-Wings! Biker scouts too!

Decay
AG
Whatever the case may be, that 7 minutes was better than 1-3 or 6-9. I don't really care how they do it, but it's time to make a good Star Wars movie again. Hashtag do better.
WALTON LOADS!
AG
redline248
AG
X-Wings locking S-foils in attack position will never not give me goosebumps
Jason_Ag98
AG
Hagen95
AG
That trailer!
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good stuff. Doesn't give too much away. Glad Baby Yoda is still a major part of the storyline and not just a S1 thing. (Would really like to see his story tied into the main saga somehow.)

And man, that main theme is so good. Those flutes just get me hyped now.

I'm really hoping those rumors that Grace Randolph has been circulating are untrue. (Behind-the-scenes issues with Pedro Pascal and him walking off the show halfway through the season.)

If he isn't in half of the season, I just hope it was written that way and not done out of necessity.

Just a month and a half to go!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It begins...

YouBet
AG
redline248 said:

X-Wings locking S-foils in attack position will never not give me goosebumps
Is that the first time we've ever seen an x-wing fire a missile?
Duncan Idaho
I mean if you have to have an actor walk off the set, pedro is probably the best one.

bluefire579
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Good stuff. Doesn't give too much away. Glad Baby Yoda is still a major part of the storyline and not just a S1 thing. (Would really like to see his story tied into the main saga somehow.)

I'm really hoping those rumors that Grace Randolph has been circulating are untrue. (Behind-the-scenes issues with Pedro Pascal and him walking off the show halfway through the season.)

If he isn't in half of the season, I just hope it was written that way and not done out of necessity.

He's tweeting about it, so if he did walk off, it doesn't seem to have been a permanent thing

Duncan Idaho
Yeah I don't see how pedro walking off set wouldn't have shown up in my feeds if it were true.

Hell, just the over hyped stock price impact would have shown up
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I mean if you have to have an actor walk off the set, pedro is probably the best one.
Farmer1906
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

They really just need his voice. His double did a bunch of the work under the mask. I read he wasn't even in episode 4 of season one.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You guys are right about that, but it just worries me that it might cause issues for future seasons, possibly cutting the series short. (But it seems that whatever issues there were, if any, have been patched up.)

It just seems odd since Favreau and Filoni both seem like super genuine and easy-going dudes. So I'm hoping (and betting) that whatever issues there were probably weren't with them, but maybe someone above them?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Grace Randolph is worse than We've Got This Covered. Please don't listen to a word she says about anything. She's a lying, click-thirsty hack who couldn't share a genuine, accurate scoop if her life depended on it. Everyone who's anyone in entertainment journalism mocks her relentlessly, as they should. She's a literal insane person who makes sh*t up for money, and it irks me to no end that she somehow still has a job fooling so many unsuspecting people. No one should give that pathological sociopath their time or their attention.
First Page Last Page
Page 975 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.