Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,192 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
Unnecessary Deafness
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://bottleneckgallery.com/

Here is a site selling the 40th anniversary poster as well. Shows they still have some. Matt posted the link on his Instagram account.
The Collective
AG
jeffk said:

IAnd WOW that sequence on Mustafar was incredible.

Don't do this to Spilner.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I checked out all the Vader stuff on youtube already.
jeffk
AG
YouBet said:

jeffk said:

I really liked it too. Great to get some cool Order 66 content and a ton of lightsaber time. And WOW that sequence on Mustafar was incredible.
Yes, that was awesome and surprising.

Was that Mustafar? I guess that makes sense, but it wasn't explicitly called that in the game. It had different name.

You're right. They called it Nur in the game.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
501st on the Mando BTS series. What a cool moment for those folks.
wangus12
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

More for Empire's 40th

Han's face during his first convo with Lando is hilarious in this one.

I was scanning through these on Youtube and I'm pretty sure the guy who is doing the voice over in some of them is Prince Zuko from Avatar
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hilarious moment in the final Mandalorian Gallery episode.

Favreau: "Did you see his gun? That was an homage. That's canon, right?"

Lucas: *Stone-faced* "Not really."

Poor Favreau.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I Have Spoken said:

501st on the Mando BTS series. What a cool moment for those folks.

Can you imagine being bussed somewhere and suddenly you're on a Star Wars set, filming for it no less?

Pretty awesome they introduced each one individually.
TCTTS
AG
Wow. Fantastic episode. Fantastic finale. What a great series all around.
Ag Since 83
AG
Very good episode and series. The ice cream maker part was amazing

Any thoughts on the announcement of the upcoming Squadrons game?
YouBet
AG
Made good progress on Clone Wars last night. About to close out season 4.

Continually amazed at how horrifically inaccurate laser guns are. Even a trained sniper can't hit a standing target about 100 yards away with one. Give me lead instead.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dro07
AG
Whhaaaaaaat?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
He voiced the bartender droid at the Mos Eisley cantina in Mando
jokershady
AG
About to start season 7 of the clone wars series! Holy **** this has been awesome so far
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Regal Cinemas opening back up July 10 and Empire Strikes Back is on the docket.
TXAG 05
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Regal Cinemas opening back up July 10 and Empire Strikes Back is on the docket.

IPIC has Back to the Future and Raiders of the Ark, will probably hit one of those this weekend
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Let's see what AMC has in store.

Have never seen an OT movie in theaters.
jokershady
AG
They did this back when I was around 10-12 years old and IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!

I still remember the marketing that I saw for it when I was in the theatre.....course the whole reason was for the "new edition" with all of Lucas' "improvements"
YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Let's see what AMC has in store.

Have never seen an OT movie in theaters.

May have to do this if they release in theaters.

My earliest human memory is being at the drive-in in 1977 and watching Star Wars. I recall standing in the front seat of my dads car and seeing flashes of gold (C-3PO). I do not recall ESB theater memories and then vividly recall ROTJ.

All of my friends were at Showbiz Pizza Place getting some gaming in ahead of the launch. We left there to go see at Cargill 6 in Longview. Literally lines down both sides of the building for ROTJ. It was an awesome day.

And that theater is an absolute sh^thole!
big-ag
AG
I actually saw ESB at Post Oak Mall when it came out. My first movie.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

course the whole reason was for the "new edition" with all of Lucas' "improvements"
It seems that everything that Lucas did post Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade gets, at best, a snarky response.

So in thinking about the special editions, some of the additions were improvements over the original versions of the OT. I say that as having seen the originals in the theater when they came out, as a fan who was (often derisively) called Mr. Star Wars in 6th grade, and who had an entire wall in his room covered with original release Topps Star Wars trading cards.

Improvements that I see in the SE:

Star Wars
  • Most of the additional activity going on in Mos Eisley. For a bustling space port, the original vision was rather non-bustling.
  • The addition of more stormtroopers and a shuttle taking off when the stormtroopers track down the jettisoned escape pod, "Someone was in the pod" sequence
  • Han Solo chasing a couple of stormtroopers down a hall in the DS, coming around the corner to find an entire detachment of troops waiting for him. The original, the hall was a dead-end.
  • The Millennium Falcon's departure from Mos Eisley was more impressive in the POV above the launch bay and we see the Falcon actually lift out rather than the original's POV from the street outside the launch bay and we see a more distant shot of the Falcon blasting away
  • There was a lot more activity in the DS attack sequence. They weaved in new shots of X-Wings, etc with the original miniature shots to perfection.

The Empire Strikes Back
  • The Millennium Falcon's approach into Cloud City, accompanied by the cloud cars, was a new tracking shot until the Falcon reached the landing pad
  • Removing entire wall panels in the halls of Cloud City and replacing those walls with windows. That makes sense from an architectural sense - why would you not want to see all those sunsets among the clouds?

Return of the Jedi
  • Added tentacles to the Sarlacc

The Bad and Ugly of the SE:

Star Wars
  • Han shot first
  • The addition of Jabba the Hutt didn't work with the original footage that Lucas shot with a big fat guy as Jabba, and then replaced fat guy with the slug he introduced in Jedi. I did like seeing Boba Fett in this sequence, but overall, the entire thing was a bunch of crap
  • Didn't need the skiff speeding into Mos Eisley and nearly hitting that giraffe-critter, and a damned Jawa fell off

The Empire Strikes Back (edited)
  • Removing "bring my shuttle" as Vader is leaving Cloud City
  • The original version of the SE had Luke screaming as he fell down the shaft after losing his hand and hearing the big revelation from DV

Return of the Jedi
  • When we first see Jabba's sail barge, there is a terribly animated figure walking across the barge's deck, and we also see a herd of Banthas in the distance that I didn't think was very well done
fig96
AG
So I almost could have written that post.

My earliest memory is also seeing ANH in a drive in, though my only specific memory from that is not being allowed to watch Obi Wan slice up the guy in the cantina
bluefire579
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Quote:

course the whole reason was for the "new edition" with all of Lucas' "improvements"
It seems that everything that Lucas did post Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade gets, at best, a snarky response.

So in thinking about the special editions, some of the additions were improvements over the original versions of the OT. I say that as having seen the originals in the theater when they came out, as a fan who was (often derisively) called Mr. Star Wars in 6th grade, and who had an entire wall in his room covered with original release Topps Star Wars trading cards.

Improvements that I see in the SE:

Star Wars
  • Most of the additional activity going on in Mos Eisley. For a bustling space port, the original vision was rather non-bustling.
  • The addition of more stormtroopers and a shuttle taking off when the stormtroopers track down the jettisoned escape pod, "Someone was in the pod" sequence
  • Han Solo chasing a couple of stormtroopers down a hall in the DS, coming around the corner to find an entire detachment of troops waiting for him. The original, the hall was a dead-end.
  • The Millennium Falcon's departure from Mos Eisley was more impressive in the POV above the launch bay and we see the Falcon actually lift out rather than the original's POV from the street outside the launch bay and we see a more distant shot of the Falcon blasting away
  • There was a lot more activity in the DS attack sequence. They weaved in new shots of X-Wings, etc with the original miniature shots to perfection.

The Empire Strikes Back
  • The Millennium Falcon's approach into Cloud City, accompanied by the cloud cars, was a new tracking shot until the Falcon reached the landing pad
  • Removing entire wall panels in the halls of Cloud City and replacing those walls with windows. That makes sense from an architectural sense - why would you not want to see all those sunsets among the clouds?

Return of the Jedi
  • Added tentacles to the Sarlacc

The Bad and Ugly of the SE:

Star Wars
  • Han shot first
  • The addition of Jabba the Hutt didn't work with the original footage that Lucas shot with a big fat guy as Jabba, and then replaced fat guy with the slug he introduced in Jedi. I did like seeing Boba Fett in this sequence, but overall, the entire thing was a bunch of crap
  • Didn't need the skiff speeding into Mos Eisley and nearly hitting that giraffe-critter, and a damned Jawa fell off

The Empire Strikes Back - nothing

Return of the Jedi
  • When we first see Jabba's sail barge, there is a terribly animated figure walking across the barge's deck, and we also see a herd of Banthas in the distance that I didn't think was very well done

The explosions in ANH were also improved, both Death Star and Aldreraan.

The tentacles might have been an improvement for the sarlacc pit, but the thing that pops up to eat people was awful.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Removing Vader's "Bring my shuttle".
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Removing Vader's "Bring my shuttle".
Agreed. But cut me a break, it was early after a long night of booming thunderstorms and I haven't had any caffeeine yet.
YouBet
AG
fig96 said:

So I almost could have written that post.

My earliest memory is also seeing ANH in a drive in, though my only specific memory from that is not being allowed to watch Obi Wan slice up the guy in the cantina
C-3PO memories have shaped my entire life. I'm not sure if I should be concerned about that or not.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My favorite new gif.

YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

My favorite new gif.

This is awesome.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

My favorite new gif.

Okay, now that is funny
YouBet
AG
I can't stop watching it.
jokershady
AG
2 episodes in to season 7 and already Wrecker is a favorite character!

BOOM! made me lol
TCTTS
AG
gougler08
AG
TCTTS said:

That Kylo Ren was legit
First Page Last Page
Page 956 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.