Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,148 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
kdm_01 said:

Concerning Star Wars... does anyone have any experience with Marvel Unlimited and Star Wars comics?
I've not had a lot of luck finding out exactly how it works or what titles it gives access too. Definitely interested in the Vader and Dr. Aphra collections.

A lot of the comics are free on the Kindle app if your have Amazon prime.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Still upset we never got an Anakin/Kylo moment.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What if that scene started with Anakin and Kylo was fighting it, unconvinced, then Han comes in ala TROS. Wow.
redline248
AG
How did Han even come back?
The Collective
AG
My interpretation was that it was Kylo's memory / conscience
kdm_01
AG
Had no idea - thanks.
Started Vader last night - that's good stuff.
TXAG 05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's worse we never got a scene with Luke, Leia, and Han.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
True, but that was impossible by the time TFA was written.

An Anakin/Kylo scene would've not only been possible, but made all the thematic sense in the world.

The Han/Kylo scene really should've been with Anakin. Or at least, have the scene start out the same, but then Han transforms into Anakin, revealing it was really him in the vision. (Or, Anakin possibly having the power to allow communication with other dead people, through him. A new force power.)
Ag Since 83
AG
it makes much more sense thematically for Ben's redemption to involve coming to peace with the father he hated (and loved) and killed

How can we complain about the lack of cohesion in this series and then have a problem with using Han there?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
After years of hearing a fake vader voice inside his head, kylo would never gave believed in anakin. Leia's words from the force awakens ring true. Luke couldn't save kylo because luke is a jedi, han is his father. That bond goes deepest of all.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And yet, it's still a massive cheat to have Han in there.

And I disagree with that making more thematic sense. Kylo built his entire identity around Vader. To see that turned around on him by that very person would've been amazing to see.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

After years of hearing a fake vader voice inside his head, kylo would never gave believed in anakin.
That would kind of be the point, to me. It would shatter his world view. It would be his "That's not true, that's impossible!" moment.
Ag Since 83
AG
And yet the majority of his character arc over 3 movies revolves around his relationship with his parents

I'm sorry JJ doesn't care about the prequels as much as you do
TXAG 05
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

True, but that was impossible by the time TFA was written.

An Anakin/Kylo scene would've not only been possible, but made all the thematic sense in the world.

The Han/Kylo scene really should've been with Anakin. Or at least, have the scene start out the same, but then Han transforms into Anakin, revealing it was really him in the vision. (Or, Anakin possibly having the power to allow communication with other dead people, through him. A new force power.)

How was it impossible? They could have written it any way they wanted.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

And yet the majority of his character arc over 3 movies revolves around his relationship with his parents

I'm sorry JJ doesn't care about the prequels as much as you do
Anakin is a central character of the saga and he was thrown aside. He needed to play a role. Plus, I think the regret of not being able to see/talk to his father again would've been a good thing to see. The moment he realizes his regret, and the pain of not being able to tell him that. To me that would've gone farther than a "memory". (ie lazy JJ cheat code)

And I'm sorry too. He ignored 1/3 of the saga.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
When writing TFA - yes. I meant after that script was finalized. Unless they did a ghost Han, which again, is a cheat to me.

But to do that scene with all three of them would require either a page 1 rewrite of TFA, or a flashback.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

And yet, it's still a massive cheat to have Han in there.

And I disagree with that making more thematic sense. Kylo built his entire identity around Vader. To see that turned around on him by that very person would've been amazing to see.
Why is it a cheat?

Kylo says "you're just a memory"
Han says "your memory"

Han isn't a force ghost.'
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It was a cheat to get him back on the screen and see him interact with Kylo. It almost felt like an emotional crutch to me.

If you kill the character, you should not be able to use him like that, in my opinion. (If it had been made possible by a force ghost, that I would've accepted as a new force power or something.)

In fact, it felt like it was just JJ being overly nostalgic and emotionally attached to the OT (as I'm sure I'm accused of being with the PT), instead of using Anakin, which would have been a natural fit for that scene.

I don't like it, I don't agree with it, but I accept it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Well, I think we can all agree it should have been Leia, but unfortunately life happens. They even said early on that 7 was Solo's movie, 8 was Luke's and 9 would be hers. Not sure she had the gravitas left for a scene like that, and no offense to Hayden Christiensen, who I generally like, but not sure he does either. And would they have put a wig on him and de-aged him? Because he hasn't played Anakin in 14 years.

I don't beat the horse anymore, but the dad/son interchange is one of best 4-5 moments of that movie for me.
The Collective
AG
I liked it too. I thought it was one of the better parts of the movie.
TCTTS
AG
Season 2 confirmed for October (slightly earlier than expected)...

https://collider.com/the-mandalorian-season-2-release-date-details/
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I don't know why Germain is so arrogant in his tweet because it turned out to basically be exactly what we all suspected...

https://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-the-real-deal-with-that-leaked-star-wars-footage-1841389155
AgfromHOU
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I don't beat the horse anymore, but the dad/son interchange is one of best 4-5 moments of that movie for me.

It reminded me of the scene in BvS where Clark is up on the mountain and he sees his dad there. This scene was just done so much better.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

This is some insanely beautiful and complex work.
TCTTS
AG
Liquid Wrench
Question: Do they still make international versions of movie posters?

Came across this old Sporcle quiz with foreign alternates of Star Wars posters, which most of you have probably seen: https://www.sporcle.com/games/Hejman/que_la_fuerza_te_acompae

Some are cool, some look like they were made by people who hadn't seen the movie. Just curious why this was a thing and if it still happens?

I guess the only one that makes sense to me is that they had to sex it up for the Italian version:
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
fig96 said:

TCTTS said:

This is some insanely beautiful and complex work.
If you watch this and don't get a little choked up in the first 30 seconds, you should stop Star Warsing altogether.
dave94
AG
I thought that was such an emotional high point. I hadn't heard anything about Han making an appearance so that was a great moment for me.
TCTTS
AG
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

I don't know why Germain is so arrogant in his tweet because it turned out to basically be exactly what we all suspected...

https://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-the-real-deal-with-that-leaked-star-wars-footage-1841389155

The best thing about this footage is at the very end when the Stormtroopers are in the store and they are literally 6 feet away from the two guys they are shooting at and miss them multiple times.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't get it.
TCTTS
AG
I read it wrong. Never mind.
First Page Last Page
Page 898 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.