Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,423 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ugh! I keep opening the Mandalorian thread by accident.

Must. Avoid.

Any general, non-spoiler thoughts on the first episode?
Gritty, dark, full of action, lots of classic SW references, just enough humor, interesting reveal at the end, opens up a lot of questions....this is what I wanted in a Star Wars TV series. You will not be disappointed!

Friday cannot get here soon enough!
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Ugh! I keep opening the Mandalorian thread by accident.

Must. Avoid.

Any general, non-spoiler thoughts on the first episode?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
I go to sign up for Disney+ and either my isp is down or my wifi router is busted. Coincidence?
wangus12
AG
Loved it. Right amount of everything you want Star Wars to be
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Showing the episode numbers for all the movies. As God intended.
tk for tu juan
If you search for The Last Jedi in the app it shows up, it says it will be available on Dec 26th.

Solo available on July 9, 2020
The Collective
AG
tk for tu juan said:

If you search for The Last Jedi in the app it shows up, it says it will be available on Dec 26th.

Merry ****ing Christmas.
TCTTS
AG

https://screencrush.com/disney-plus-han-shot-first-scene/
The Collective
AG
Someone please tell me they brought back Yub Nub too.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No thanks! Victory Celebration > Yub Nub
Fenrir
I just want to know where to get a full copy of the original movie in 1080p like that one YouTube clip in the link.
TCTTS
AG
tk for tu juan
CJS4715 said:

Someone please tell me they brought back Yub Nub too.

Watched the end of RoTJ, still no Yub Nub and Hayden is still force ghost Anakin
TV Casualty
AG
Disney also edited out the crows in Dumbo. I understand why they had to do that, but I'm not a fan of editing movies like that.

When I was a kid I didn't realize there was anything racist about it. I thought the crows were cool and I liked the song.

I completely get why they did it. I mean one of the crows is named Jim Crow for God's sake.

Still it's going to be interesting if Disney is going to be editing lots of movies for different reasons.
The Collective
AG
I'm also against editing art. It teaches history.
GreasenUSA
AG
Quote:

Disney also edited out the crows in Dumbo.
No they didn't.
tk for tu juan
Maclunkey, it's Tatooine for Malarkey
TV Casualty
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Quote:

No they didn't.

There was a story out today warning people about some content in the old movies. They claimed it was edited out. I haven't checked it to see for myself. I apologize if that info was incorrect.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
https://geektyrant.com/news/disney-reportedly-wont-include-song-of-the-south-and-the-original-dumbo-will-be-edited

This article claims that Disney + will not have Song of the South ( which was expected) and an edited version of Dumbo. Someone needs to go watch it and tell us

But the article doesn't say they cut ALL the crows just one scene, and not necessarily the song.
Flashdiaz
AG
keep the movies as is and put in a disclaimer about views blah blah easily butt-hurt blah blah.
TV Casualty
AG
Flashdiaz said:

keep the movies as is and put in a disclaimer about views blah blah easily butt-hurt blah blah.

It appears it may be a non issue.

Now back to Maclunkey!
GreasenUSA
AG
TV Casualty said:

GreasenUSA said:

Quote:

No they didn't.

There was a story out today warning people about some content in the old movies. They claimed it was edited out. I haven't checked it to see for myself. I apologize if that info was incorrect.
Dumbo On Disney+ Hasn't Had The Crow Scene Removed

Disney+ Launches With Controversial Content
TCTTS
AG
Quad Dog
AG
512Ag
AG
https://instagr.am/p/B4yATJvJYNL

Be sure to swipe
tk for tu juan
Awesome
TCTTS
AG
Jason_Ag98
AG
TCTTS said:

Wait.

How is this not a bigger deal online? And how did we not hear a word about this beforehand?

Disney+ has the ENTIRE SAGA in 4K HDR.

And it looks STUNNING.

Reports had only TLJ, Rogue One, and Solo coming to the app in 4K, seeing as they're the only ones that currently exist on Blu-ray 4K.

We've never had the other seven films in 4K and most speculation didn't have them coming to 4K until next year when the complete saga is finally released. Yet here they are. With zero fanfare for such a massive undertaking/reveal.

Watching The Empire Strikes Back in 4K is almost like seeing it for the first time.

I'm in shock.
I was a little too young to catch ANH in theaters, so most of my experience with it growing up was with the VHS copy my dad recorded when it premiered on CBS in 1984. I absolutely wore that cassette out, and even now when I watch it I remember where the commercial breaks were and the little celebrity comments they inserted around them.

To go from that blurry analog picture to the amount of detail when I watched it again last night in 4K on Disney+ is absolutely jaw dropping to me. Worth the price of admission alone.
TCTTS
Urban Ag
AG
CJS4715 said:

I'm also against editing art. It teaches history.
This so much.

It's not necessary to be ashamed of the past.

It is necessary to know of it and learn from it.

Yoda
AG
Quad Dog said:

You have to assume Lucas enjoys poking us.

1. No regular person knows what the heck Greedo means. You give us a character who is subtitled, except for his last word?

2. Original timing and cadence was perfect. It was excellent filmmaking. "Yes, I bet you have." BOOM! Everything since then is like when a great joke is given to a poor comedian who doesn't know how to deliver it. Robs it of its power.

3. Just go back to the original version. Who wouldn't this make happy? Just George, I guess. Really wild to know the creator is apparently so certain every other person on Earth but him is wrong. It's either that, or he is just working thru his resentment against the fans who have hurt his feelings. That feels like the most logical option.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Congrats on the sex, btw.
Dro07
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
First Page Last Page
Page 876 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.