Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,038 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So... Time to worry?

Not that I was ever that into this series.
Ag Since 83
AG
So this is Rogue One tradition at this point, right?

Also, can't wait for the interview where Gilroy can't stop talking about how beneath him the project is
TCTTS
AG
The opposite now, I think. Gilroy is a game changer. Sounds like the project was in trouble and they went back to the same well as last time (with Rogue One), he said ok, and now it's all systems go once again.
TCTTS
AG
I honestly think it's good for the franchise overall. It obviously needs filmmakers who are fans but it also needs filmmakers who aren't. It needs an objectivity from time to time that a more "serious" filmmaker can bring.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'd watch 60 minutes of K2SO reading the phone book.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

I honestly think it's good for the franchise overall. It obviously needs filmmakers who are fans but it also needs filmmakers who aren't. It needs an objectivity from time to time than a more "serious" filmmaker can bring.
Yep. For Star Wars to really branch out beyond the saga, it needs to be able to tell great stories that take place in the Star Wars galaxy, not just great Star Wars stories.

I know this is not the most popular opinion, but part of this needs to involve lots of stories that don't involve the Jedi or Sith, or even really the Force as a major player. The Force is a huge part of that universe, obviously, but it's not the only thing that can drive the plot and it can be a bit of a crutch. I think you're only going to really get that if you bring in outsiders.
TCTTS
AG
Well said.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Dekker_Lentz
AG
AliasMan02 said:

TCTTS said:

I honestly think it's good for the franchise overall. It obviously needs filmmakers who are fans but it also needs filmmakers who aren't. It needs an objectivity from time to time than a more "serious" filmmaker can bring.
Yep. For Star Wars to really branch out beyond the saga, it needs to be able to tell great stories that take place in the Star Wars galaxy, not just great Star Wars stories.

I know this is not the most popular opinion, but part of this needs to involve lots of stories that don't involve the Jedi or Sith, or even really the Force as a major player. The Force is a huge part of that universe, obviously, but it's not the only thing that can drive the plot and it can be a bit of a crutch. I think you're only going to really get that if you bring in outsiders.

I agree. My question to the group is this: Is this an issue for the fans or is this an issue for Disney? It seems most fans like non-Jedi and Sith and good stories plenty. I think Disney needs to not worry about the "Skywalker Saga" and just make good diverse movies.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AliasMan02
AG
Dekker_Lentz said:

AliasMan02 said:

TCTTS said:

I agree. My question to the group is this: Is this an issue for the fans or is this an issue for Disney? It seems most fans like non-Jedi and Sith and good stories plenty. I think Disney needs to not worry about the "Skywalker Saga" and just make good diverse movies.
Mando is a good test case for this, as I'd be shocked if we see any Force use at all and it definitely won't tie in with the saga. And, I think the focus on series instead of features allows for WAY more freedom in this regard.

There are a lot of good Force stories to be told, btw. Any Old Republic movie or series will be bonkers with the Force, and that can be great. Seriously, likely the majority of characters in any such project will be Jedi, Sith, or something in between. There's just more out there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Why is he so mad, though?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can only assume he must be putting up with a lot of fan hate?

I haven't seen Rebels, but it's not like I'd ever go after him if I disliked it.
The Collective
AG
Pretty funny
OnlyForNow
AG
I mean... I liked that rant.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
"That armor's too strong for antlers! Rudolph Group, go for the legs, use your tinsel and ornaments!"

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
5 days!

The Collective
AG
Mickey is printing some cash on Monday.
TCTTS
AG
That was amazing. And actually informative as well.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/star-wars-stars-adam-driver-mark-hamill-teamed-up-find-lost-dog-1247687
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

That was amazing. And actually informative as well.

The problem with the "gamification" of Star Wars is something often talked about by Lucasfilm people. Basically they say there are no discrete POWERS, there's just the Force. Like FPJ says, you don't level up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

(It gets pretty specific. Avoid watching if you prefer being 100% unspoiled before riding.)
OnlyForNow
AG
dude said at-ats and not A-Tee - A-Tee.

But OMG.... I just found out I'll be in Boca Raton next Dec. for a cousin's wedding and this is DEFINITELY going to turn into a family vacation.
The Collective
AG
At-Ats
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AT-AT's

You don't say at-stuh's.
The Collective
AG
You're right. They are chicken walkers.
Duncan Idaho
CJS4715 said:

At-Ats

https://shirt.woot.com/offers/at-at
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It's At-At, not A . T. A. T.

TCTTS
AG
This would have been a cool little change that would have given Anakin more motivation to kill her...

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Would Anakin's dragon have melted the Iron Throne after she stabbed him?
TCTTS
AG
Now you've got me thinking how amazing the Star Wars saga could be retold in a serious, adult, Game-of-Thrones-style across multiple seasons...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bleah. star wars should stay as is.
TCTTS
AG
whynotboth.gif
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm hoping the D&D movies can be a LOTR style epic trilogy.
First Page Last Page
Page 859 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.