Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,887,037 Views | 43964 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
exitone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

There's a rumored Finn-and-Poe series, but no idea if there's any truth to it or not...

Man. I just can't see the interest for this. There are 1001 Star Wars related assets I would rather watch a series about
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. I don't really have any interest in seeing either of those two again after IX. They're just not very interesting characters.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Agreed. I don't really have any interest in seeing either of those two again after IX. They're just not very interesting characters.
I feel like Poe was interesting and I wanted to know more after Force Awakens.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My only interest is if it's their love story.
Malachi Constant
AG
PatAg said:

TCTTS said:

I feel like Poe was interesting and I wanted to know more after Force Awakens.
Ag Since 83
AG
Rian Johnson took two interesting characters and made them completely lame, so yeah, tough to see any show there
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Urban Ag
AG
exitone said:

TCTTS said:

There's a rumored Finn-and-Poe series, but no idea if there's any truth to it or not...

Man. I just can't see the interest for this. There are 1001 Star Wars related assets I would rather watch a series about
But what if it's a sitcom where Poe and Finn disguise themselves as females so they can get an apartment in a women only property? And the shenanigans persist as Finn finds out that his neat-nik personality clashes with Poe's slobby lifestyle? Oh the hijinks when Rose becomes suspicious that the new tenants may in fact be a couple of heroic Rebels she once served with. And BB8, you just keep doing cute, loveable stuff. Good boy.
Flashdiaz
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Rian Johnson took two interesting characters and made them completely lame, so yeah, tough to see any show there

Just two, did you only watch the first 5 minutes?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They serious with this?

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Guess whosa birthday it is todaysa?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ahmed Best [unfairly] had to take a lot of **** for a lot of years. Glad he's found a way out of his depression and is doing much better these days.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'm not talking about Ahmed, this is 100% Jar to the Jar.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Today is my daughter's birthday too... she's way cooler than Jar Jar.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My countdown to D23 game for the week is:

Write your favorite line from every SW movie. Line can 1-2 sentences said by one person or 2 people (I love you/Iknow for example). You don't have to do all the movies if you don't like them all. Funny ha-ha and funny dumb entries welcome and expected.

ANH: "If you strike me down, I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." Kenobi
ESB: "That boy is our last hope. No, there is another." Kenobi/Yoda
ROTJ: "I am a Jedi, like my father before me." Luke

TPM: "And you, young Skywalker. We will watch your career with great interest." Palps
AOTC: "They're like animals and I slaughtered them like animals. I hate them!" Anakin
ROTS: "The boy you trained, gone he is. Consumed by Darth Vader." Yoda

TFA: "Oh, my dear friend, how I've missed you.". C3PO ( I will contend to my dying day that this is a purposeful homage of how fans felt about having a Star Wars movie with the original cast back after so long).
RO: "You need someone you can trust. I would trust her with my life." Mothma/Organa
TLJ: "At the height of their powers, they allowed Darth Sidious to rise create the Empire, and wipe them out." Luke - so bad ass hearing Luke say "Darth Sidious"
Solo: "Everything you've heard about me is true." Lando
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
1 - "You were right about one thing, master. The negotiations were short."
2 - "Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me?"
3 - "Hello there."

(Are you sensing a theme?)

4 - "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."
5 - "Do or do not. There is no try." / "The force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi yet." (TIE)
6 - "It's a trap!"

7 - "Chewie, we're home."
8 - "See you around, kid."

RO - "I find that answer vague and unconvincing."
Solo - Only saw it once and nothing is sticking out.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Episode I - There's always a bigger fish.
Episode II - Obi-Wan looking up at his shackles in the execution arena when Anakin says he came to rescue him, to which Obi-Wan replies, "Good job"
Episode III - Anakin is the father, isn't he? [Padme just looks at her feet]. Obi-Wan: I'm so sorry (as he leaves)
Episode IV - I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Episode V - Do, or do not. There is no try.
Episode VI - And now young Skywalker ... you will die.
Episode VIII - Tell that to Kanjiclub (sp?) [this is more a reference to a thread that was on here at some point where someone said their kid dropped a load in a toilet and quoted that, than the line in the movie itself)
Episode VIII - the only thing I can remember is Poe listening to Hux rambling about some sinister attack, and then he says "Yeah, I'm still waiting" something like that. Such a forgettable movie.
R1 - so many choices from this movie, mostly involving K2 ... paraphrasing here, but someone said something about humans not being able to survive in space, and K2 said, "I can"
Solo - nothing comes to mind here as I've watched this one only a couple of times
The Collective
AG
Episode I - My lord, is that legal?
Episode II - I will not let this Republic that has stood for a thousand years be split in two! My negotiations will not fail.
Episode III - Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Episode IV - You've taken your first step into a larger world
Episode V - For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is
Episode VI - I'm a Jedi, like my father before me.
Episode VII - Traitor! (Kylo screaming at Finn)
Episode VIII - You think what? I'm gonna walk out with a laser sword and face down the whole First Order. What did you think was going to happen here?
R1 - I find that answer vague And unconvincing
Solo - Assume everyone will betray you and you will never be disappointed.

Flashdiaz
AG
Episode I - IX
"I have a bad feeling about this"
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Solo "I have a good feeling about this"
twilly
AG
1 - Obi-Wan: Why do I get the feeling that we've picked up another pathetic life form?
2 - Jango Fett: I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe.
3 - Darth Sidious: I am sending you my new apprentice, Darth Vader. He will... take care of you.
4 - Darth Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing.
5 Darth Vader: The force is with you young Skywalker, but you are not a Jedi yet.
6 - Luke: Never. I'll never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.
The Emperor: So be it... Jedi!
7 Han Solo: Chewie, we're home.
8 - Leia Organa: [hologram] General Kenobi, years ago you served my father during the Clone Wars...
Luke Skywalker: That was a cheap move!
R1 K-2SO: I find that answer vague and unconvincing
SOLO - Qi'ra: You are the good guy.
Han Solo: I am not the good guy. I'm definitely not the good guy. I'm a terrible person.
Hagen95
AG
Episode I - At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.
Episode II - You don't want to sell me death sticks. Ah, I don't want to sell you death sticks. You want to go home and rethink your life.
Episode III - It's over Anakin, I have the high ground.
Episode IV - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
Episode V - Luminous beings are we. Not this crude matter.
Episode VI - A Jedi Knight? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur!
Episode VII - Solo, we'll figure it out. We'll use the Force. That's not how the Force works!
Episode VIII - Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong. The Rebellion is reborn today. The war is just beginning. And I will not be the last Jedi.
R1 - Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director.
Solo - Assume everyone will betray you and you will never be disappointed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So dope. (Saw it on reddit with no credit, I assume fan-made.)

Farmer1906
AG
Reminds me of Avengers.

TCTTS
AG
Or another Abrams-directed, star-based franchise...

TCTTS
AG
I posted a link to this thread a while back, but it's still going strong and such a great resource. Would definitely recommend...

(this is one of the latest Tweets, go back to the beginning for the full thing)

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

I posted a link to this thread a while back, but it's still going strong and such a great resource. Would definitely recommend...

(this is one of the latest Tweets, go back to the beginning for the full thing)

That's a scene from Empire.
TCTTS
AG
That's the Lucasfilm "creative art manager" pulling from an official Lucasfilm source. I think they know what they're talking about.
Farmer1906
AG
Ok. But that's still a scene from Empire.
TCTTS
AG
Multiple scenes are being discussed in those two tweets. Which one are y'all taking about?
Urban Ag
AG
The picture is Luke in the Hoth 24 Hour Emergency Care facility. From Empire.
TCTTS
AG
Yes, the PICTURE is obviously from Empire. But it's the scene where Luke and Leia kiss. BEFORE Lucas decided they were brother and sister. It's included to add context. This is part of a "myth busting" thread showing that Lucas didn't come up with the "Sister!" idea until the outline for Jedi, i.e. he purposefully didn't have a brother and sister kiss in Empire. This isn't that hard to follow. Just read back a couple of tweets. Heck, all the context you need is there in the two tweets in my post. There's no "gotcha" element here. It's not a mistake or from the wrong movie. Like I said, this guy knows what he's doing.
redline248
AG
1 - Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.
2 - Your clones are impressive, you must be very proud. (Not so much this line, but I love the standoff between Jango and Obi-Wan in this scene)
3 - Sith lords are our specialty
4 - Great kid, now don't get cocky!
5 - 1a Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not. For the force is my ally, and a powerful ally it is. (really all of Yoda's teachings in this one are great)
5 - 1b The force is with you, young Skywalker. But you are not a Jedi, yet. (the disdain with which JEJ delivers the "yet" is excellent.
6 - When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not.

Lol, I forgot 7 and 8
7 - That's not how the force works!
8 - That's rebel scum! (just kidding this movie sucks and none of the lines are any good. Maybe Yoda telling Luke the old Jedi books aren't page turners)
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Ep1: "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent" QuiGonn

Ep2: "Why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me?" ObiWan

Ep3: "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!" Anakin

Ep4: "Charming to the last. You don't know how hard I found it signing the order to terminate your life."

Ep5: "Apology accepted, Captain Needa" or "Captain Piett? ... Make ready to land our troops beyond their energy field, and deploy the fleet, so that nothing gets off the system. You are in command now, Admiral Piett."

Ep6: "Luke: You've failed your Highness. I'm a Jedi, like my father before me.
Emperor Palpatine: So be it, Jedi!"

Ep7: "I used to wonder about that myself. Thought it was a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. A magical power holding together good and evil, the dark side and the light. Crazy thing is... it's true. The Force. The Jedi... All of it... It's all true."

Ep8: "This is not going to go the way you think"

RO: "Congratulations on being rescued."

Solo: "I have a good feeling about this!"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Yes, the PICTURE is obviously from Empire. But it's the scene where Luke and Leia kiss. BEFORE Lucas decided they were brother and sister. It's included to add context. This is part of a "myth busting" thread showing that Lucas didn't come up with the "Sister!" idea until the outline for Jedi, i.e. he purposefully didn't have a brother and sister kiss in Empire. This isn't that hard to follow. Just read back a couple of tweets. Heck, all the context you need is there in the two tweets in my post. There's no "gotcha" element here. It's not a mistake or from the wrong movie. Like I said, this guy knows what he's doing.
The annotated screenplays book from 1997 says that Lucas told Kershner about the Luke/Leia connection late in the filming of ESB but since they weren't telling the audience implicitly about the connection, there was no need to remove the Luke/Leia kiss. Did he write the ROTJ screenplay before ESB was filmed, I confess I do not know.

Sorry I can't see the tweets more clearly and was confused about the photo. We have social media blocked on our computers for the kids and I can't see anything in great detail.
First Page Last Page
Page 841 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.