Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,887,918 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

All respect to Mark, but Peter was the ultimate Star Wars ambassador. Just goodness and positivity and love at all times he was in the public eye.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
Think it is more about making Hollywood Studios more marketable
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
BrownCoat said:

"Chewie, There'll be another time. The Princess. You have to take care of her."

Go take care of our princess for us.
In the Annotated Screenplays, Han Solo originally says.

"Chewie, there'll be another time. (stares down Darth Vader). You hear me, Vader? There'll be another time."
Urban Ag
AG
jokershady said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

If Leia puts that medal on Chewie in IX I'm gonna lose it.

In all honesty, my favorite movie character of my lifetime. Going back to the summer of 1977 when I was 3.5 years old and watched ANH sitting on dad's lap with him, my brother, and my mom pregnant with my younger brother. He became my favorite then and it never changed.

And talk about coincidences. My wife is a middle school librarian in the town we live in. It's book fair week. She did Star Wars for the theme. We have a neighbor that is really well off and huge SW fans and they get all these high dollar costumes. She got them to loan out the Chewbacca costume for the book fair and every day this week someone has been in front of the school in that outfit waving to kids and parents and trying to get people to go to the SW book fair.

Literally no one in 1977 could have imagined the down stream cultural impact this would have. We're in mediocre size Texas town celebrating SW with a Chewbacca outfit this week. Unreal. Amazing.
TCTTS
AG
Perfect.

TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
JJ's handwritten notes are one of my favorite things about him.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/natalie-portman-star-wars-prequels-backlash-bummer/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
CJS4715 said:

Think it is more about making Hollywood Studios more marketable
While I agree, I think Toy Story Land was already a pretty huge addition.
The Collective
AG
I hear ya. The biggest reason is probably because it fits the theme of that park so well, and they have all that available space right there. I imagine it is a very costly thing to add an additional park vs. expanding a current one. I think it will still pretty much feel like its own park.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

This makes me a lot more teary-eyed than it probably should... damn.
dave99ag
AG
Anyone know how he ended up in Texas?

RIP Peter!
Zemira
AG
dave99ag said:

Anyone know how he ended up in Texas?

RIP Peter!

That's where his wife is from.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Happy national Star Wars day.

This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
Liquid Wrench
Watching some of the prequels marathon on TBS this morning, it's amazing how much pain and suffering Obi Wan caused the galaxy by leaving poor little Ani there to suffer instead of giving him the mercy kill.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
May the 4th be with you!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Tonight's festivities at Muck House

Yoda Soda
Lightsaber Pretzel Sticks
Wookiee Cookies

Watching ESB with my superfan while her twin sister gripes about wanting to watch something else.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Watching some of the prequels marathon on TBS this morning, it's amazing how much pain and suffering Obi Wan caused the galaxy by leaving poor little Ani there to suffer instead of giving him the mercy kill.
I blame Watto for accepting the wager on Anakin's freedom. Greedy ass Toydarian.
PatAg
AG
Who's your favorite Jedi?
Mine is Gandalf
twilly
AG
Render
AG
Return Of The Jedi is on TBS right now. May the 4th Be With Y'all.

AliasMan02
AG
Finished the audio drama, Dooku: Jedi Lost. After what I felt was a shaky start, I enjoyed it. Lots of shades of gray represented in the Jedi, and some appearances by one of my favorite new characters, Rael Aveross.

Something is going on at Lucasfilm and Del Rey and I'm curious what it is. This drama and the novel Master and Apprentice were written with a lot of cross-pollination. They're not two parts of a single narrative or anything, but Scott and Gray obviously were developing in parallel. They're also both members of the mysterious Project Luminous that will be released in 2020. I think we may see some more orchestrated, multi-author story arcs coming in the future, which would be exciting.
AliasMan02
AG
Just noticed that TONS of Star Wars comics are available to read for free (borrow) from Amazon if you have Prime.
YouBet
AG
twilly said:

Between this and Martin how the hell did we become the nerdiest library in America?
Duncan Idaho
AliasMan02 said:

Just noticed that TONS of Star Wars comics are available to read for free (borrow) from Amazon if you have Prime.

Some of them are pretty good
Ag Since 83
AG
TFA barely hung on to its record for biggest domestic 2nd weekend, beating Endgame by < $2 million

It's about $81 million behind Endgame's pace after 10 days. It'll be interesting to see how much ground it picks up this week
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Endgame is dropping really quick. I doubt it beats TFA in any weekend from here on out. Weekdays will an even bigger gap.

IMO TFA's domestic record is safe.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And then James Cameron will re-release Avatar in 5D ahead of Avatar 2 and everyone is ****ed.
Farmer1906
AG
I rewatched TPM the other day and I have to say it's aged really well. It almost has a Game of Thrones lite feel to the political maneuvering, It still has its issues, but every movie does. I think we should consider it in the conversation with RotJ and the rest of the 2nd tier (behind Star Wars & ESB).
Ag Since 83
AG
Interesting strategy, trolling on one thread regarding a popular franchise while talking about it on another thread about a popular franchise
wangus12
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I rewatched TPM the other day and I have to say it's aged really well. It almost has a Game of Thrones lite feel to the political maneuvering, It still has its issues, but every movie does. I think we should consider it in the conversation with RotJ and the rest of the 2nd tier (behind Star Wars & ESB).
First Page Last Page
Page 821 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.