Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,515 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Collective
AG
Happy birthday to the guy who once played a slave child working in a sweat shop.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The line for Slinky Dog Dash without a fast pass was 3 hours and 15 minutes on a Sunday evening in November last year when we were there.

I don't think Disney really knows what's about to happen.
twilly
AG
There are grumblings that the official opening date for DL's Galaxy Edge will be released at the Disney Shareholders meeting on Thursday. This, with grain of salt, I would take.
The Collective
AG
Shareholders require a Star Wars trailer or we are selling this *****
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

The line for Slinky Dog Dash without a fast pass was 3 hours and 15 minutes on a Sunday evening in November last year when we were there.

I don't think Disney really knows what's about to happen.
Some family was in Animal Kingdom over the Christmas break. They said the Avatar line was 5+ hours long.
The Collective
AG
Do people really wait that long? I just figured 3+ hours is code for fastpass or bust.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

We are going to WDW November 22 - 29 this year. I've seen some guesses that SW Land will actually open on November 22. This has been my biggest concern - will it even be open, and will we be able to get fast passes to any of the SW attractions if it is open?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nobody really knows yet, but my best guess up to now has been they'll open at or around Thanksgiving.

But on the other hand, Thanksgiving weekend is packed either way, so they don't need the extra crowds and maybe they wait till after.

It's kind of a tossup at this point, but I can tell you there's been some really fast progress in the past few months.
redline248
AG
People who stand in line for 3+ hours to ride a 2 min ride are really stupid.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
People who go to Disney World and don't ride the rides are stupider.
redline248
AG
A. There's tons of stuff to do at Disney World and it's various parks that are fun/cool/awesome that aren't rides
B. There are smarter ways to get on rides than wait in line for 25% of the time the park is open
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All the major areas with 2+ of the big ticket rides only let you go fastpass for one of them.

(ie in Pandora, you can get either Flight of Passage or the Navi Boat Ride)

So, once Galaxy's Edge opens up, you may get lucky with 1 fastpass. But, you're waiting for 3+ hours in the other, guaranteed.

But, if you want to go all the way to Orlando and miss out on half of the new rides because you refuse to stand in line for 3 hours, that's your call.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I don't relish the idea of waiting hours in a line to ride a very quick ride, but I also don't relish the idea of spending this amount of money and going to WDW and NOT riding as much as we can. The last time we were there, I had the irritating experience of getting to stand outside the fence where they were putting the finishing touches on what was to become the new Snow White/7 Dwarfs roller coaster ride in Magic Kingdom; it opened up shortly after that trip.

I'm afraid the same thing will happen with SW Land. I considered just putting the trip off one more year, but that didn't really work for our family dynamics with a to-be senior in high school (adopted) cousin that we've taken on all of our previous trips from when she was in 3rd grade through now. So we're risking the Star Wars stuff not even being open when we go next.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The Rise of the Resistance rise is rumored to be 20+ minutes long.

If you go to Disney World without doing your fast passes online first, you deserve to wait in line for 3 hours. My wife has done all the research and used websites to get the fast passes on both of our trips and it's been fantastic. We walked past hundreds of people on the Slinky Dog rollercoaster because of a fast pass.

I've read a couple of places that they're going to sell the fast passes at SWLand. Can you blame them? I think about what the lawyer Gennero says in Jurassic Park "And we can charge whatever we want, and people will pay is. $1,000 a day, $10,000 a day."

They've taken the world's most popular and recognizable pop culture franchise and turned it not just into a theme park, but one that seemingly is so interactive and awesome that pretty much everyone who likes theme parks wants to go have a look. Long lines and black market fast passes and whatever else are coming. That's just the price of being popular.
RebAg13
Flashdiaz
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

black market fast passes and whatever else are coming.
yes. go on...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jabba's Palace themed tiddy bar
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But for real, the blue [Bantha] milk sounds like it's gonna be tasty. From the description, it's a melon/berry flavored and frozen.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Jabba's Palace themed tiddy bar

?itemid=3535836
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, it wouldn't be Jabba dancing...
jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well, it wouldn't be Jabba dancing...

I remember the ROTJ special edition additions. Not sure if rolling the dice is worth it.
Urban Ag
AG
I read an article in the WSJ a number of years ago about a service that hooked up families with a disabled person to take to Disneyworld with you so you could cut to the front of the lines.

Don't think of it as exploiting disabled people, think of it as giving them job, a really fun job.

Now who could be against that?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I hope there's a "Storm Trooper Shooting Range" where you wear a Stormtrooper helmet and E-11 blaster rifle and try to shoot Ewoks. You'll never hit any of them, though, because Stormtroopers != accuracy.
The Collective
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I think about what the lawyer Gennero says in Jurassic Park "And we can charge whatever we want, and people will pay is. $1,000 a day, $10,000 a day."

I couldn't get that scene out of my mind as I read the EW story about Galaxy's Edge.
TCTTS
AG
jr15aggie
AG
No, he's not wrong at all. I really liked TFA and parts of TLJ (specifically the Kylo/Rey/Snoke triangle). But they really messed up Luke's story.

There's a reason why they had to completely
re-think their SW strategy and partly why Solo failed... They Fubar'd Luke's story and many fans instantly stopped caring. He was our hero and they decided an artistic curve ball was needed!?!

Obi-Wan: "Good Job!"
Flashdiaz
AG
"I said that it was a big mistake that those three people would never reunite in any way. I guess I was wrong, because nobody seems to care! "

this is the only part he got wrong... many care

double aught
AG
The phrase "You're not wrong"
The Collective
AG
I think people care about it. It's just way down the list of problems. The scene we got between Carrie and Mark is one of the things that Rian got right.
The Collective
AG
jr15aggie said:

They Fubar'd Luke's story and many fans instantly stopped caring. He was our hero and they decided an artistic curve ball was needed!?!

I still can make the logical jump of how Luke got to where he is. It sucks, but I get it. Out of the original characters, they handled Han the best. Hope JJ can pull something off in IX, otherwise sacrificing Han was completely pointless.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My favorite reunions are Luke and the droids. When he realizes R2 is on the Falcon, Mark Hamill alters his voice from "grizzly old man" to the Luke we knew in the OT. That's such a small beautiful touch for an actor. R2, who got him started on this entire life, a source of comfort, I really like that scene.

And the wink at 3PO, when you realize after the fact that Luke wasn't really there, but controls the Force enough that even a droid was fooled by his presence, that's some powerful stuff. Makes me think Episode IX Luke could do more than give ghostly advice.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agree, especially on the R2 scene. That instant switch in his voice really hit home for me.
amercer
AG
With JJ in charge I expect Luke back in the flesh, laws of the universe be damned.
First Page Last Page
Page 795 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.