Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,019 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
#toosoon
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We passed 700 pages.

512Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

We passed 700 pages.

As "Yub Nub" plays proudly in the background!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

We passed 700 pages.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Seen on Reddit, thought it was cool.

I know he's retired, but I think the right director could redeem Hayden in a stand-alone Clone Wars adventure film. Give us basically a 90 minute buddy movie with Anakin and Ahsoka or Obi-Wan chasing down some Separatists, like a live action arc from TCW. Hell, pick a good arc and adapt it just as an experiment. Could even do it on the new streaming service.

I was hoping he'd be in the Vader suit for RO just to get a little bit of positivity from the role. He was VERY well received by fans at Celebration a couple of years ago.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I really hope Hayden gets another shot in a standalone Vader movie.

I don't really think a Vader movie is necessary, per se, but it would just be great to see him get that redemption.

Maybe those first 10 years after ROTS, hunting down the Jedi, and looking for Obi-Wan, unsuccessfully. (Tie it into the Obi-Wan film. Maybe a close call between Vader and Obi-Wan in that time span?)

And probably a cool opportunity to revisit Naboo and Mustafar. (Visiting Padme's grave and Vader's Castle.)
Belton Ag
AG
Listening to Yub Nub is like hearing the voices of a thousand Angels singing a sweet lullaby. Hearing Victory Celebration is like hearing Hitler sing about cigarettes and diarrhea.
512Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want Yub Nub in that scene. You need Yub Nub in that scene. We use names like Wicket, Chirpa, Paploo. We use these names as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom from the Empire that Ewoks provided, and then questions the manner in which they celebrate it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a spear or throw rocks at storm troopers. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Alright, you get an A for effort.
512Ag
AG
I'll take it.
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I really hope Hayden gets another shot in a standalone Vader movie.

I don't really think a Vader movie is necessary, per se, but it would just be great to see him get that redemption.

Maybe those first 10 years after ROTS, hunting down the Jedi, and looking for Obi-Wan, unsuccessfully. (Tie it into the Obi-Wan film. Maybe a close call between Vader and Obi-Wan in that time span?)

In my hypothetical Star Wars pitches, I've never done a Vader one. A stand-alone Vader film would be incredibly tough to pull off, with no emoting at all. I'm not sure it can be done, and working Vader into movies could become a huge crutch for Lucasfilm.

I wish he had somehow been Vader but not in the suit for more than ten minutes. That could have been fertile ground.

If you want more Vader, a Dr. Aphra movie could be pretty awesome and he would have a supporting role there. Or a version (much changed) of Force Unleashed about his machinations to usurp Palpatine using a secret appreciate.
Urban Ag
AG
Belton Ag said:

Listening to Yub Nub is like hearing the voices of a thousand Angels singing a sweet lullaby. Hearing Victory Celebration is like hearing Hitler sing about cigarettes and diarrhea.
I logged in just to star this post, you magnificent bassturd
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not gonna lie, it bugs me that they won't use the Episode #'s anywere, even on the Blu-rays. Eps I-VI all use it, so the lack of continuity is just annoying.
You want real continuity problems

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wangus12 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not gonna lie, it bugs me that they won't use the Episode #'s anywere, even on the Blu-rays. Eps I-VI all use it, so the lack of continuity is just annoying.
You want real continuity problems

Maybe he is not left handed.

Toptierag2018
israeliag said:

Assuming there will be a time jump between 8 and 9 I could see KoR be a big component of a series that connects the gap. Perhaps the next Filoni series. Or would that be too close to the Inquisitors from Rebels?

With a time jump and depending on how 9 is done, there might actually not be any significant story points from 8 that will be really required for 7 and 9 to connect. All I can think of is Luke and Snoke dying, in terms of things you need to know that happened between 7 and 9.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Interview @ 2:45.
amercer
AG
They should bring Hayden back for the force ghost party in IX.

You know it's going to happen, why not throw him in?
Aggie87
AG
Toptierag2018 said:

israeliag said:

Assuming there will be a time jump between 8 and 9 I could see KoR be a big component of a series that connects the gap. Perhaps the next Filoni series. Or would that be too close to the Inquisitors from Rebels?

With a time jump and depending on how 9 is done, there might actually not be any significant story points from 8 that will be really required for 7 and 9 to connect. All I can think of is Luke and Snoke dying, in terms of things you need to know that happened between 7 and 9.

That and you have to explain away Carrie Fisher's absence.
redline248
AG
I always hated that one, anyway (even though I actually didn't notice the edit). Why is she able to easily get free of his arm lock just by dropping the saber?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed.

A lot of the fight looks cool, but I much prefer the fast and clean fighting of the prequels.

redline248
AG
to be fair, that particular fight had to be somewhat slowed down due to scope of it. Although, now I'm wondering if we'll get a fight that comes close to touching Anakin v Obi-Wan (weird saber flurry and all).
TCTTS
AG
wangus12
AG
TCTTS said:

Basically the real moral of Star Wars is that Leia is always in trouble
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
Lucas would be proud.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wangus12 said:

TCTTS said:

Basically the real moral of Star Wars is that Leia is always in trouble

Han Solo: "I know."
Urban Ag
AG
Toptierag2018 said:

israeliag said:

Opening crawl for Ep9?

Fear grips the galaxy! With the Resistance shattered the First Order oppresses with an iron fist. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, with his enforcers, the Knights of Ren, reign terror upon any systems that stand in opposition to the Order.

With the passing of Leia Organa Solo, General Poe Dameron commands the last remnants of the Resistance. Desperately needing allies, Poe has sent his most trusted companions to the ends of the galaxy to garner support from both old friends and new.

Meanwhile, Rey, the Last Jedi, searches for answers that lead her to a name long forgotten..............
hurleyag
AG
Urban Ag said:

Toptierag2018 said:

israeliag said:

Opening crawl for Ep9?

Fear grips the galaxy! With the Resistance shattered the First Order oppresses with an iron fist. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, with his enforcers, the Knights of Ren, reign terror upon any systems that stand in opposition to the Order.

With the passing of Leia Organa Solo, General Poe Dameron commands the last remnants of the Resistance. Desperately needing allies, Poe has sent his most trusted companions to the ends of the galaxy to garner support from both old friends and new.

Meanwhile, Rey, the Last Jedi, searches for answers that lead her to a name long forgotten..............
I like it. Who are you thinking for "Name long forgotten"?
Urban Ag
AG
Toptierag2018 said:

israeliag said:

Had my first re-watch of TLJ last week with the fam. The above really stuck out to me. If you compare where the trilogy was at the end of ESB, it's pretty stark in comparison. At the end of ESB there is a very clear path forward. It literally ends with the Rebel fleet at full force, Luke healing, a plan to rescue Han, and everyone fully knowing that Luke will face Vader again, and there will be a final show down between the Empire and the Rebellion.

By contrast, the TLJ ends with the Resistance essentially wiped out. Leia won't be back. Han dead. Luke dead. Snoke dead. Phasma probably dead and no one cares. No further development of Rey's story, Maz's story (how she got the lightsaber), we learned nothing of Snoke. No KOR. No one cares what happens to Rose. Few care what happens to Po or Finn. Neither character developed all, nothing compelling. It's basically just Kylo and Rey.

Point being, it's literally almost a blank slate. We know two obvious things. Rey and Kylo will have another confrontation almost assuredly leading to his death or some act of redemption that leads to his death. Next, the First Order will be defeated or least greatly crippled. How they get to these outcomes is really completely up for grabs considering this story really isn't on any path at all.
Ulrich
Lando, I assume. Either him or Nien Nunb.
Urban Ag
AG
Not a clue buddy, you got any ideas?
bearamedic99
AG
hurleyag said:

Urban Ag said:

Toptierag2018 said:

israeliag said:

Opening crawl for Ep9?

I like it. Who are you thinking for "Name long forgotten"?

Mutha Effing Mace Windu
Urban Ag
AG
Ulrich said:

Lando, I assume. Either him or Nien Nunb.
I am so hoping they dig out an old ass Lando in Ep9. Gotta figure he's rich and could be persuaded to throw some resources in for the cause. Plus it would be very cool, did not like that Billy Dee was left out.
First Page Last Page
Page 702 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.