Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,891,053 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lucasfilm trolling?

redline248
AG
Rebel Librarian says "yes"
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I still have a few PC games from the 2000s that work, one of them being Jedi Outcast, which I've been playing lately - telling the story of one of Kyle Katarn regaining his Force powers for revenge and eventually saving Yavin's Jedi Temple from a rogue Jedi and his minions. Billy Dee Williams guest voices in the game as Lando for a few levels and is fantastic as ever. The game also has a multitude of cheat codes including the ability to spawn any non-player character on any level of the game in as high a number as possible.

So during a break last night, I decided to do an experiment. The Dark Jedi has a female apprentice who you fight on a landing platform in Cloud City. She's got a red lightsaber, is very agile, and tough to beat. Which got me thinking, how many Landos would it take to kill her? In the game, Lando has a decent gun, but no armor, so the first touch of the lightsaber and he's a goner. I tried it with 10 Landos first while keeping the hero Jedi out of the way and she slaughtered them in a few seconds. I bumped it up to 25, and the sheer number overwhelmed her. Her powers to jump at and attack were diminished by not having enough spots to land. She eventually was killed with 8 of the 25 Landos left.

The picture here is the best part. The shape in the air with the red lightsaber is the dark jedi doing a flip. The sheer # of Landos in frame should make your day, you old scoundrel.

wangus12
AG
I miss playing that game.
redline248
AG
That game was the first and only game for which I bought a strategy guide.
vwbug
Looks like Andi has gone private on twitter. The pressure of working on star wars stuff 24/7 must be too much. I feel awful for them and hope they can cope with such a tough job.
Solo Tetherball Champ
MuckRaker96 said:

I still have a few PC games from the 2000s that work, one of them being Jedi Outcast, which I've been playing lately - telling the story of one of Kyle Katarn regaining his Force powers for revenge and eventually saving Yavin's Jedi Temple from a rogue Jedi and his minions. Billy Dee Williams guest voices in the game as Lando for a few levels and is fantastic as ever. The game also has a multitude of cheat codes including the ability to spawn any non-player character on any level of the game in as high a number as possible.

So during a break last night, I decided to do an experiment. The Dark Jedi has a female apprentice who you fight on a landing platform in Cloud City. She's got a red lightsaber, is very agile, and tough to beat. Which got me thinking, how many Landos would it take to kill her? In the game, Lando has a decent gun, but no armor, so the first touch of the lightsaber and he's a goner. I tried it with 10 Landos first while keeping the hero Jedi out of the way and she slaughtered them in a few seconds. I bumped it up to 25, and the sheer number overwhelmed her. Her powers to jump at and attack were diminished by not having enough spots to land. She eventually was killed with 8 of the 25 Landos left.

The picture here is the best part. The shape in the air with the red lightsaber is the dark jedi doing a flip. The sheer # of Landos in frame should make your day, you old scoundrel.

https://imgur.com/a/b7zsd

That reminds me of the "breaking madden" series on Sbnation
wangus12
AG
vwbug said:

Looks like Andi has gone private on twitter. The pressure of working on star wars stuff 24/7 must be too much. I feel awful for them and hope they can cope with such a tough job.
What is the purpose of going private on twitter? I thought the entire purpose was to post sentences for all the masses to squabble over.
vwbug
I don't know. My take on all of this... If they have to explain what was "meant" by TLJ and defend it 24/7, then maybe they failed in making a good movie.

Flashdiaz
AG
Is that the game where you could go lightside or dark side depending on your actions?

I had a hard time not pushing villagers off cliffs. I don't think I saw the lightside of that game
TCTTS
AG
I and many others use Twitter almost exclusively as a curated news service. There really is no other way to get news as instantly as Twitter delivers it. And while I don't have a private account, going private keeps weirdos from following you / DMing you. It's weird to me that certain people still view Twitter as some kind of platform for spouting off thoughts. As far as strictly keeping up with the news - in whatever subject/field you want - there's nothing better.
Quad Dog
AG
TCTTS said:

I and many others use Twitter almost exclusively as a curated news service. There really is no other way to get news as instantly as Twitter delivers it. And while I don't have a private account, going private keeps weirdos from following you / DMing you. It's weird to me that certain people still view Twitter as some kind of platform for spouting off thoughts. As far as strictly keeping up with the news - in whatever subject/field you want - there's nothing better.
I've had a private Twitter account for years. 0 tweets. I follow some news sources, a couple accounts that tweet cool pictures, and some funny people.
wangus12
AG
TCTTS said:

Don't get me wrong, I get that. Hell I use it solely because it is the fastest route to released lineups before soccer games.

I just didn't understand what the private setting does.
Ulrich
I tried twitter briefly but decided that while you can get news fast, so much of it is wrong that the whole endeavor was a waste of time.
RebAg13
AG
Ulrich said:

I tried twitter briefly but decided that while you can get news fast, so much of it is wrong that the whole endeavor was a waste of time.

Follow better people
The Collective
AG
Seems like being on Twitter is kind of part of Andi's job.
TCTTS
AG
Can't believe this was cut from last night's SNL, as it would have been the funniest skit by far (seriously, that was a pretty terrible episode)...

jokershady
AG
The little puppet of the bird/bat/vulture thing around the tail had me laughing every time they cut to him.

That was pretty good
double aught
AG
Yeah, how does that get cut? Pretty clever running gag. And the production value is surprising good.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I'm watching Clone Wars for the first time on Netflix, and holy hell, how is this so much better than any of the prequels?
AliasMan02
AG
double aught said:

Yeah, how does that get cut? Pretty clever running gag. And the production value is surprising good.
I think they often cut stuff like this to drive web ad traffic. Just a theory, but come on... all that trouble, including getting JJ involved, to just cut it for a live sketch which is almost guaranteed to be far, far worse?
AliasMan02
AG
Champ Bailey said:

I'm watching Clone Wars for the first time on Netflix, and holy hell, how is this so much better than any of the prequels?
Just wait until you really start to empathize with and care about Anakin. When you realize that has happened utilizing what is relatively budget animation (as far as such things go), the failure of the prequels is heightened 10x.
fig96
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Do yourself a favor and go find the Clone Wars 2D animated series that Genndy Tartakovsky (Samurai Jack) did, they're absolutely stellar and more cinematic than the prequels by a long shot.

A lot of them are on Youtube, this is one of my faves.
drewser95
AG
This is why we can't have nice things!
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, a moderator just reached out to say they deleted the whole thread for some reason. I honestly didn't mind that any of that remained. It was mainly just that tweet, which they deleted as well, but the tweet was all I asked for.

Wow, sorry, guys.

I just started to see a dozen different ways that could go and most of them would have been perfectly fine/fun, but a couple extreme scenarios kind of freaked me out a bit in terms of exposure. Lesson learned. I'll continue to post as much as always, but this definitely woke me in terms up of needing to curtail a lot of the celeb and super-inside-baseball stuff.
3rdGen2015
AG
At least they deleted the tweet too
YouBet
AG
Good Lord. Come on, mods. 2 for 2 on screw ups here.
TCTTS
AG
Solo thread back up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I had a feeling you might feel awkward about that tweet. Still, why delete the post?
TCTTS
AG
I didn't ask for any posts to be taken down, but I think Stewade was just covering his bases. I'm fine with it.
AliasMan02
AG
Respawn is hiring for their new Star Wars game. Gonna quit my job tomorrow and just assume they'll hire me. http://admin.respawn.com/careers

Quote:

I've got a good feeling about this

We've all heard this story before. At 5 years old you see something beyond comprehension, an extraordinary fantasy that at first doesn't seem real, but in time becomes inspirational law. The heroes, the villains, the visions, the sounds, the music, imprinted forever. Of course I am describing Star Wars, the most influential franchise in modern history, and we at Respawn Entertainment are honored to have the chance to contribute to that legacy.

I am happy to announce our partnership with Electronic Arts and Lucasfilm to deliver a whole new adventure to the galaxy.

For me, just typing these words is surreal. I have been playing Star Wars games my whole life, now I get to make a Star Wars game. On top of that, I get to do it at Respawn, a studio comprised of the most talented collection of game makers, creators, visionaries, and (most importantly) advocates for the player, that I have had the good fortune to work with. And we, like you all, have no shortage of Star Wars passion.

The entire company erupted in cheers when it was announced that this would be our next endeavor.

But it's not all fun and games we promise to pay respect to the Star Wars legacy at all times, a fact that will be constantly reinforced and honored as a central game design tenet. Fans should expect the exemplary level of quality first established at Respawn with Titanfall, a game that epitomizes our studio's dedication to slick, larger-than-life action and fun, groundbreaking mechanics. Moving forward, we couldn't ask for a better universe in which to continue this journey, and although I would love to share all of the exciting places we are going, we have the following piece of information to divulge with you all today:

We'll be making a third-person action/adventure game set in the Star Wars universe.

Now, I understand on the surface this might sound a bit dry, but developing a game within the ever-expanding Star Wars universe opens up so many paths for us to go down, and an unparalleled playground to design within. We have already planted the seeds by assembling a small, but incredibly talented team, ready for the amazing journey that lies ahead. With this in mind we are looking to expand the dream.

Do you want to join us on a journey to a galaxy far, far away? We are hiring in all departments.

Looking back to 1977, I witnessed Star Wars unleash its magic on the big screen, forever changing me (little did I know how much at the time). The crazy thing is this magic doesn't have a shelf life. Decades later I observed the same wonder in my kids' eyes as they watched A New Hope. What a rarity, for a book, a film, or even a game to have that kind of impact, spanning several generations, even promising to continue into future ones. The opportunity to be a part of that is not something to take for granted. This is an opportunity that I, the team, and Respawn could not and would not pass up.

This is the chance of a lifetime.
TXAG 05
AG
Just finished the Rebels finale. Worth watching just for the music. Classic themes plus hints of others, including duel of fates.

Powerful ending to a great show. If you are a Star Wars fan you are missing out if you haven't seen it.
RebAg13
AG
Loved it as a season finale, not as much as a series finale.
First Page Last Page
Page 683 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.