Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,892,108 Views | 43966 Replies | Last: 43 min ago by maroon barchetta
MandoArms
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know Rosario Dawson was tweeting about wanting the role earlier this year.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Will Ewen MacGregor return?
Shoot... he's been pining away for a reprisal
Prophet00
AG
Hi dad was a prof at A&M. I knew Tommy, he was 2 years older than me but was friends with my sister.

My mom is good friends with his mother. She had said that the paparazzi were hounding him at the hospital when their baby was born, and i remember thinking "for Tommy? I know he's in Life in Pieces, but really?"

I had no idea that he was married to Amanda Seyfried, who was obviously the target of their pictures.
twilly
AG
Quad Dog
AG
For those that missed "TexAgs writes a Kenobi movie"
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2711657/1
Ag Since 83
AG
So, thoughts on this supposed Jabba the Hutt movie in the works?

Here's the part where I think Lucasfilm is really stretching with the character solo movies to a dangerous extent. Obi-Wan is different because he's a great character, and everyone loves Ewan McGregor. If nothing else, I want him to have a chance to be in a good Star Wars movie. If I were them I would have made this movie before Han Solo.

But a Jabba movie? Ugh. I'm not one of these people who wants every non-saga movie to be completely different and not at all related to the Star Wars we know. I like the idea of movies of films that are tangentially connected (like Rogue One), but this is the WRONG tangent.

Now, if you wanted to do a real "scum and villainy" story about some new characters with him as someone they cross paths with...maybe
TCTTS
AG
Please no Jabba movie, and please no Yoda movie. I don't even want a Boba Fett movie. All sound like terrible ideas.

Obi-Wan is the last fill-in-their-background spinoff I want. I would MAYBE take a young Princess Leia movie starring Millie Bobby Brown, but it would have to something really cool and unique.

Otherwise, NO MORE SAGA CHARACTERS for the spinoffs. Lucasfilm is going to kill any goodwill audiences have for the spinoffs if they continue to make each one a needless background filler movie focused on an ancillary saga character.

We've said it a thousand times before, but yeah, after Obi-Wan, the spinoffs absolutely need to start veering toward unique genre stories set in various corners and time periods of the galaxy. The potential is virtually limitless. Why on earth would Lucasfilm stuff a freaking Jabba the Hutt movie down our throats instead?

Wrap up the current trilogy in 2019, give us Obi-Wan in 2020, and then please, for the love of God, pivot toward more unique stories. Take a break from the saga films/characters and finally realize the true potential of that galaxy far, far away...
wangus12
AG
I agree. If they want to continue with the anthology films, build the universe with something new and different. We have plenty of stuff on the current crop of characters. Get creative for once
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
TCTTS said:

Please no Jabba movie, and please no Yoda movie. I don't even want a Boba Fett movie. All sound like terrible ideas.

Obi-Wan is the last fill-in-their-background spinoff I want. I would MAYBE take a young Princess Leia movie starring Millie Bobby Brown, but it would have to something really cool and unique.

Otherwise, NO MORE SAGA CHARACTERS for the spinoffs. Lucasfilm is going to kill any goodwill audiences have for the spinoffs if they continue to make each one a needless background filler movie focused on an ancillary saga character.

We've said it a thousand times before, but yeah, after Obi-Wan, the spinoffs absolutely need to start veering toward unique genre stories set in various corners and time periods of the galaxy. The potential is virtually limitless. Why on earth would Lucasfilm stuff a freaking Jabba the Hutt movie down our throats instead?

Wrap up the current trilogy in 2019, give us Obi-Wan in 2020, and then please, for the love of God, pivot toward more unique stories. Take a break from the saga films/characters and finally realize the true potential of that galaxy far, far away...
I think I could get behind a boba movie. Just did a boba fett rifle for a customer... came out pretty sick.
YouBet
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

TCTTS said:

I think I could get behind a boba movie. Just did a boba fett rifle for a customer... came out pretty sick.
Pics dude!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

TCTTS said:

Rule #1
jabberwalkie09
AG
Unfortunately I don't know if we snagged a picture of it while it was in the store....

Two weeks ago we had an AMT Hardballer come in on trade, but it was literally in the store for 30 minutes before a customer got it. Guy asked, "Do you have anything unusual?" *EyeGuy points at the Hardballer.* "I'll take it."
TCTTS
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
So Omar isn't coming?
TCTTS
AG

Flashdiaz
AG
TCTTS said:

Tosche Station?
redline248
AG
Obi-wan: Tales from the cantina
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Obi-wan and Krayt Dragon Kalamity
redline248
AG
I just learned that a novel called Phasma is coming in September. Can anyone explain to me why I, or anyone else, should care about this complete throw-away character?
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

I just learned that a novel called Phasma is coming in September. Can anyone explain to me why I, or anyone else, should care about this complete throw-away character?

Because she isn't a throw away character and has a major role in The Last Jedi. And her backstory contains a lot of information on the founding and rise of the First Order.
redline248
AG
Not convinced
jr15aggie
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Because she isn't a throw away character and has a major role in The Last Jedi.

Yeah, well, we'll just see about that. Remember when she had a big role in Ep VII?
Dro07
AG
They got to give a back story to Rey's mom obvy
redline248
AG
It would be one thing if she was actually interesting in the first movie, and fans cared about her. No one can convince me that anyone left TFA awakens saying "man, give me some more of that awesome Phasma."
AliasMan02
AG
jr15aggie said:

AliasMan02 said:

Because she isn't a throw away character and has a major role in The Last Jedi.

Yeah, well, we'll just see about that. Remember when she had a big role in Ep VII?

The character was developed with Johnson's input. And at one point they were looking to cast Benedict Cumberbatch. The role in TFA was introductory, but they've always had big plans for her.
Ag Since 83
AG
Lucasfilm announces a project based on an established character: "When are they going to stop playing it safe and expand the universe?"

Lucasfilm announces a project developing a less established character: "Why should we care about this? They were a total waste of space in the movie"

Here's an idea, if you don't care about it, don't worry about the book existing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248 said:

Not convinced

wangus12
AG
YouBet
AG
Awesome!
redline248
AG
That is some amazing editing
The Collective
AG
This has probably been posted, but one of the better fan edits I've seen:
YouBet
AG
CJS4715 said:

This has probably been posted, but one of the better fan edits I've seen:

What is the song in the background of this video?
The Collective
AG
Quote:

What is the song in the background of this video?

I was wondering the same... maybe it was played during "This is us"?
TCTTS
AG
From the Moneyball soundtrack...

JuliusCaesarAggie
redline248 said:

My buddy Tormund could give you multiple reasons to like Captain Phasma
First Page Last Page
Page 611 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.