Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,472 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't know if this has been discussed....but anyone want to take odds on who might die (if anyone) in SW VIII?

I don't know why....but I have this gut feeling that R2D2 gets it in this one.....dont get me wrong, I think everyone loves R2 and he's certainly a favorite of mine, but I just get a sense of him going out in a blaze of glory to help save the rebellion in some way (think Data from Star Trek: Nemesis)
TCTTS
AG
That would actually be pretty awesome, re: R2.

We know Leia was *supposed* to live - and had a central role in IX - but I'm curious to see how they write her out. Either way, she's not dying in VIII.

And haven't we had some kind of indirect confirmation that Hamill is in IX? I could be wrong but I feel like he basically admitted as much in an interview.

Outside of those, your guys is as good as mine. Maybe Poe? Phasma? General Hux? I just can't see Finn dying in this one, and they're obviously not killing Rey or Kylo.
Dro07
AG
I think it all ends with R2 outliving everyone and him telling the story of the Skywalkers
jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

That would actually be pretty awesome, re: R2.

We know Leia was *supposed* to live - and had a central role in IX - but I'm curious to see how they write her out. Either way, she's not dying in VIII.

And haven't we had some kind of indirect confirmation that Hamill is in IX? I could be wrong but I feel like he basically admitted as much in an interview.

Outside of those, your guys is as good as mine. Maybe Poe? Phasma? General Hux? I just can't see Finn dying in this one, and they're obviously not killing Rey or Kylo.
Exactly....agreed that the new characters won't go anywhere in VIII including Phasma (was barely in TFA and would be lame to have a character come back for more screen time to only die in the next one)...same reason why I think Luke survives VIII and is still present in IX

Yes, I have no idea how they're going to handle Leia....what makes you think she's not dying in VIII? Was probably mentioned in an interview somewhere but with how they reshot Rogue One hard to predict anything....They could end the film with that possibly....

But yeah...just can't shake the fact that I think R2 goes out in this one.....he's a beloved character, but at the same time won't necessarily mean doom for the rebellion if he were to pass.....plus we'd still have BB8...

If they want to end it on a sour note like ESB, this seems like a possibility.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
C3PO....... please.
TCTTS
AG
YouBet
AG
It mentions it in the Vanity Fair article. She is quoted in the article saying as much joking to Rian that IX needs to be about her since Han got VII and Luke is getting VIII. Still, she apparently has a lot of screen time in VIII.
Belton Ag
AG
I'd be surprised if they killed off one of the only two characters that have appeared in every Star Wars movie made so far. Especially one as beloved and iconic (not to mention an all-time marketing icon) as R2. It was shocking enough that they killed Han, but his death was central to the plot of Episode VII and in true SW fashion, his hero death served to further develop the younger characters (see Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan,Yoda, Darth Vader, etc.) I also thought Harrison Ford has publicly said he didn't want to reprise his role as Han beyond Ep. VII.

Every major character death in the Star Wars universe has been essential to continuing the story arc. I can't see anything R2D2 does as having that same kind of affect if he dies.
redline248
AG
R2 has already been captured by Jawas, shot by TIE lasers, half eaten by a swamp shark, and shot by Stormtroopers. He doesn't need to die.

I'm probably forgetting something...
Malachi Constant
AG
hurleyag
AG
jokershady said:

Exactly....agreed that the new characters won't go anywhere in VIII including Phasma (was barely in TFA and would be lame to have a character come back for more screen time to only die in the next one).

You mean like the Boba Fett, the character she is most compared to from the originals?
Duncan Idaho
Blatant Disregard said:

Went outside the lines
The Collective
AG
There are several variations of the Rogue One end to Star Wars (ANH) beginning, but I really like this one. SIAP.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
CJS4715 said:

There are several variations of the Rogue One end to Star Wars (ANH) beginning, but I really like this one. SIAP.

Decent, but it doesn't jive:

Emperor: "Take them out, all of them..."
Vader: "Commander, tear this ship apart until you've found those plans, and bring me the passengers, I want them alive!"
The Collective
AG
I know, I know... That annoyed me too.

Also, think there might be some folks that died standing with Mon Mothma.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice.
twilly
AG

If you look closely on the third one...life size Millennium Falcon !!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
Tell me it has Naboo.
Belton Ag
AG
I'll be at Disney in 3 weeks. Looking forward to meeting my Star Wars hero, Jar Jar Binks.
amercer
AG
I would fast pass an immersive 3D ride where I was able to murder Jar Jar.
redline248
AG
CJS4715 said:

Tell me it has Naboo.

There better not be any sand
Farmer1906
AG
Belton Ag said:

I'll be at Disney in 3 weeks. Looking forward to meeting my Star Wars hero, Jar Jar Binks.
There ain't a ton. There is one SW virtual ride with 6 or 7 different scenarios.

You can wait in line to get a pick with someone like Vader or Chewy.

There is an imperial march every so often.

And finally, there is an experience for kids where they become a jedi and have a lightsaber battle.

I think that about covers all the SW stuff for now.
Belton Ag
AG
amercer said:

I would fast pass an immersive 3D ride where I was able to murder Jar Jar.
Would that be an alternate history timeline, like where you kill Hitler as a kid? You murder Jar Jar just before he proposes before the Senate to give Palpatine emergency powers to raise an army, thus preventing the rise of the Sith Empire?
Farmer1906
AG
Basically, someone moved Mos Eisley to Kashyyyk.

Belton Ag
AG
aggie1906 said:

Belton Ag said:

There ain't a ton. There is one SW virtual ride with 6 or 7 different scenarios.

And finally, there is an experience for kids where they become a jedi and have a lightsaber battle.

Yeah I know, but part of me just wishes they had a Jar Jar roaming around.

Looking forward to seeing my kids go through the Jedi training thing.
amercer
AG
I actually thought Hollywood Studios was pretty cool with how all in it had gone on Star Wars. Of course it will be a thousand times better when they redo it.

Jedi training is awesome. Make sure you get to the park before rope drop and run to get in the registration line though.
americathegreat1492
aggie1906 said:

Belton Ag said:

Is the Jedi training thing only for kids? Asking for a friend.
Flashdiaz
AG
Belton Ag said:

aggie1906 said:

Belton Ag said:

Yeah I know, but part of me just wishes they had a Jar Jar roaming around.

Looking forward to seeing my kids go through the Jedi training thing.
didn't they include something in one of the recent books where he was basically a literal clown where no one paid much attention to him? they could just have him walking around doing clown tricks for money.
The Collective
AG
americathegreat1492 said:

Is the Jedi training thing only for kids? Asking for a friend.

lol, yes, I'm pretty sure it should not be relevant to your interests if you are over the age of 10.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yeah, I think in that aftermath book he's a street performer in Nabokov and everyone laughs at him and he knows he messed up the entire galaxy.
Farmer1906
AG
But he makes friends with burn victim kid.
Malachi Constant
AG
aggie1906 said:

Belton Ag said:

Ain't no reason this just has to be for kids!
Farmer1906
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

aggie1906 said:

Belton Ag said:

Ain't no reason this just has to be for kids!
According to Disney

Age Interest

Preschoolers, Kids, Tweens
First Page Last Page
Page 603 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.