Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,808 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who is the British guy next to JJ and the smoking hot blonde?

lol at Chris Pratt
TCTTS
AG
Don't know who the British guy next to JJ is, but the blonde is Lucy Boynton, the formerly brunette lead from Sing Street. Super cute.
TCTTS
AG
Only people I can't place are the black guy and the British guy. Colin Treverrow and the guy to his left also wrote the Jurassic World sequel, which is about to start filming in London (hence Pratt and Howard being there as well). Gad, Daisy, Cruz, and Boynton are all in London filming Murder on the Orient Express. No idea what JJ is doing there but that guy is obviously all over the place anyway.
wangus12
AG
Pretty sure the black guy is Leslie Odom Jr. Most of the folks in Gad's videos are all acting in the Murder on the Orient Express film
AliasMan02
AG
Only tangentially Star Wars related, but I had an offer on Audible today to purchase three additional credits for $36 or so (and took it... good deal). I assume this offer was made generally to the public. If you haven't checked out the Aftermath trilogy, that would cover you there. Plus the Thrawn book is due out soon, and Catalyst and Rogue One books were recently released. Would be a nice jump-start at a pretty good discount. Keep an eye out.
AliasMan02
AG
Also, I missed this announcement somehow. The next novel is Inferno Squad. A novel from the Imperial perspective following the Battle of Scarif. Releasing in July.

Golden adapted/wrote Dark Disciple (originally an unproduced Clone Wars story arc), which was pretty adult.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inferno_Squad

3rdGen2015
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Only tangentially Star Wars related, but I had an offer on Audible today to purchase three additional credits for $36 or so (and took it... good deal). I assume this offer was made generally to the public. If you haven't checked out the Aftermath trilogy, that would cover you there. Plus the Thrawn book is due out soon, and Catalyst and Rogue One books were recently released. Would be a nice jump-start at a pretty good discount. Keep an eye out.

Did you get an email about this or is it there if you go to the Amazon main page?
AliasMan02
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Did you get an email about this or is it there if you go to the Amazon main page?
It showed up at the top of my Audible page when I logged in.
3rdGen2015
AG
Not showing up on mine. Darn.
redline248
AG
Inferno Squad sounds very non-Imperial in terms of naming. This is one of those books that is Star Wars, but is really not Star Wars, if that makes sense.
AliasMan02
AG
Happy birthday to the great Anthony Daniels. 71 today. Such a great ambassador for Star Wars.
The Collective
AG
I always enjoyed his sense of humor...

jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

I always enjoyed his sense of humor...
Kenny Baker (RIP) just rolled over in his grave!
Ag Since 83
AG
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Chewie looks YOUNG....no seriously he looks younger there. thats Awesome!!!!

wangus12
AG
I just cannot accept Emilia Clarke with brown hair
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wangus12 said:

I just cannot accept Emilia Clarke with brown hair
lol. Literally I think the only time she has been blonde is on GOT...I know thats by far the most some people have seen her, but she isn't blonde any other time in several movies.

wangus12
AG
Oh I know. I've seen several of her movies. GoT is what she'll always be known for though
Dro07
AG
I can accept her any day any time.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
dromo07 said:

I can accept her any day any time.
I especially don't notice her hair color...when she is nude.

Unfortunately we won't get that in SW...there is always the internet though.!!
vwbug
Wow, he looks just like a young Harrison Ford. They pulled that off great

israeliag
AG
Wearing a brown leather jacket makes anyone look just that much more like Harrison Ford. But yes - he's got the look.

Stoked for Donald Glover as Lando! I know he's not underrated on this board, but excited for him to have his big-screen moment and really just take off from there.
AliasMan02
AG
israeliag said:

Stoked for Donald Glover as Lando! I know he's not underrated on this board, but excited for him to have his big-screen moment and really just take off from there.

And he's Simba in the new Lion King. Just won a Golden Globe for Atlanta. He's a frickin rocket ship.
Flashdiaz
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

so, who is everybody in the picture?

I get Woody as Han's mentor.
Obviously Han and Chewie and Lando.

what about the rest of them?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Ag Since 83 said:

so, who is everybody in the picture?

I get Woody as Han's mentor.
Obviously Han and Chewie and Lando.

what about the rest of them?

The chick in back on the left is some female droid character. TBD.

The chick tonthe rightish is Hans love interest played by Emilia Clark of GOT fame.

The other two guys basically in front of those cast members on each side of Han and seated are the two directors.
twilly
AG
Didn't see it posted earlier, but in the official press release that went with the Han Solo cast photo, it states that the release date is May 25, 2018. That will be 41 years to the day that STAR WARS was released.

That's two new STAR WARS movies in 15 months!

HAN SOLO SMUGGLER. SCOUNDREL. HERO. A NEW STAR WARS STORY BEGINS
AliasMan02
AG
Still don't believe it. Surely it gets pushed to Christmas...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

I'm hype, guys. Not gonna lie.
TCTTS
AG
I don't know. I've been saying December forever, but this seems like Lucasfilm doubling down now. When they originally announced Ehrenreich, and some other cast members recently, they only said "2018," which made everyone think the date was in flux. But now reinserting the specific May date into the latest press release tells me they're committed. They've long since had all the info they need as far as performance numbers go for the last two films, and likely would have made the December change by now. That, and I was expecting that if they had, it would be announced at Celebration in April. But now? I really do think May might be it from here on out, which is fine by me. Either Avatar or Star Wars was going to have to blink, and I think Star Wars just did, with Avatar 2 still currently scheduled for December 2018, but will more than likely be December 2019.
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

Avatar 2 still currently scheduled for December 2018, but will more than likely be December 2019.

Against Episode IX?
TCTTS
AG
Episode IX is currently schedule for May 24, 2019, not December 2019. What I'm trying to say is that everyone assumed Lucasfilm would move Han and Episode IX to December '18 and '19 respectively - the same dates that Avatar 2 and 3 are currently scheduled - and that Avatar would likely blink and move to May. But that doesn't look to be the case. Instead, Han and Episode IX are seemingly going to STAY as May releases, and just not even bother with trying to make Avatar move, even if the Avatar franchise is delayed by a year.
Dro07
AG
I rather have them during December to keep with tradition we have started at our office with our xmas party.
The Collective
AG
I see what you are saying. I knew the Han Solo film was scheduled for May, but I incorrectly believed IX had a December release. My mistake.

Seems like an issue with Marvel though. Have they kept the May date for both parts of Infinity War?
TCTTS
AG
I honestly miss Star Wars in May. December has obviously worked out spectacularly, but there's just something about that late-May time slot that I love.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Personally I don't care and don't see how it affects my enjoyment either which way so.....

the earlier the better....more SW is a good thing so far in the post Lucas era.

The only thing for me is I do like seeing them with my family a tradition - but since the "kids" are home from college both in mid December and mid May either works for me.

First Page Last Page
Page 555 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.