Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,891,508 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know the translation obviously breaks down more than this, but I am laughing thinking about this quote:

Quote:

I won't lose you the way I lost my mother. I am becoming more powerful than any Presbyterian has ever dreamed of, and I'm doing it for you. To protect you.
jbanda
AG
HOLY **** THAT WAS AMAZING.
The Collective
AG
Another one:
Quote:

From my point of view, the Presbyterians are evil
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Quote:

Hmmpf! Adventure! Hmmpf! Excitement! A Presbyterian craves not these things - Yoda
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Quote:

"Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Presbyterians. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Presbyterian must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one, a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? On what he was doing." /Yoda

"You've failed, your highness. I am a Presbyterian, as my father was before me." /Luke
"So be it, Presbyterian." /Palpatine

"A Presbyterian? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, everyone gets delusions of grandeur!" /Han

redline248
AG
Quote:

At last we will reveal ourselves to the Presbyterians. At last we will have revenge.
twilly
AG
Star Wars Rebels Mid Season Trailer

An old friend makes an appearance.
Dro07
AG
twilly said:

Star Wars Rebels Mid Season Trailer

An old friend makes an appearance.

HOLY **** THAT ENDING!!! Just gave me chills
IronRed13
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

just gold....

http://uproxx.com/movies/star-wars-revenge-of-the-sith-bootleg-subtitles/

Those are great. My borther brought home a bootleg of Ep III from Iraq that had been translated to Russian, Chinese, and back to English...

The Jedi were called the Presbyterians throughout the movie and there were quite a few F-Bombs and SH!^s thrown in there.

Quote:

Before watching Arrival at Alamo they played this video of Fresh Prince Theme song as translated through every language of google translate then back to English!

Dro07
AG
Holy crap! Now we know how Kanye gets his lyrics!
wangus12
AG
Looking forward to that now.

Also

wangus12
AG

TCTTS
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

TCTTS
AG
I love that pic because that's the exact way I would have taken it had I happen to walk by. I couldn't NOT take a pic, but no way I was going to let anyone know what I was doing.
Dro07
AG
I wonder if Harrison Ford makes an appearance in the movie with the movie possibly being a flashback?
TCTTS
AG
That could be pretty cool.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
dromo07 said:

I wonder if Harrison Ford makes an appearance in the movie with the movie possibly being a flashback?
Cue TFA scene where he gets eviscerated ; then zoom into his eyes and show Han's life (I.e. This spinoff film) flash before his eyes...

...ending scene is him falling while looking up at Kyle Ren.
The Collective
AG
dromo07 said:

Cue the haters, Disney is scared to make a Star Wars film without the original cast showing up.
Flashdiaz
AG
Hmmm. Nice publicity. I'm sure the only seats available were in front of a giant window.

Regardless, that's effin awesome
Saxsoon
AG
I thought this was a nice story

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/rogue-one-star-wars-diego-luna-representation-mexican-cassian-andor-a7508921.html

AgMarauder04
AG
What Rogue One Changes about ANH

Doesn't so much change as "give context to"

I thought it was a neat read.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

^i like that ....also i saw this recently NSIAP......

Editors reveal exactly what was changed in the reshoots - a lot like

- in the first part basically everyones backstory or intro is changed or added
- how they found old archived footage that wasn't used from SW and integrated those ideas like Red and Gold leader, etc.
- and specifically in the last part the earlier changes affected a lot as to who is where, etc. and all of it changed

more detailed in the article and interesting.....

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/rogue-ones-editors-reveal-scenes-added-in-the-star-wars-standalone-reshoots-exclusive-110124381.html

Flashdiaz
AG
how come now one ever told me Peter Cushing was in the greatest movie outside of the Star Wars movies ???

TCTTS
AG
VERY interesting...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/carrie-fisher-episode-viii-how-star-wars-will-handle-leias-future-960849
TCTTS
AG
^ I guess I should say very minor spoilers, but nothing we didn't already know / haven't speculated.
spanky
AG
Isn't that Mel Torme?
Ag Since 83
AG
I would say those are more than minor spoilers for anyone thinking of clicking

Edit: Actually I misread it. I thought it said that was planned for Episode VIII rather than VIII and IX. So yes it would make sense that those scenes would be planned to be in there somewhere. So yes since it doesn't say Episode VIII specifically, minor spoilers.
Flashdiaz
AG
oh snap... Adam Driver tid bit on Kylo in ep VIII

Driver was also asked if his Kylo Ren Character survives Episode VIII, to which he responded with an answer that will undoubtedly drive many Star Wars Fans crazy until the films release

depends on what your idea of living is.

redline248
AG
Man, I don't want to read that, but I'm not sure if I can avoid it if I stick around in this thread.
Farmer1906
AG
redline248 said:

Man, I don't want to read that, but I'm not sure if I can avoid it if I stick around in this thread.
I feel ya. Time to bow out.
jabberwalkie09
AG
It's not quite a year away, seems kind of extreme to bow out now imo.
Farmer1906
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

It's not quite a year away, seems kind of extreme to bow out now imo.
Normally I wouldn't. I'm even considering not watching the trailer. Pretty crazy. I want to be surprised and have no idea whats going on. I haven't done that since I was a kid or it was about a movie I had no interest in, but someone else dragged me to see it.
The Collective
AG
aggie1906 said:

Time to bow out.

Only 11 months to go
Madmarttigan
AG
Flashdiaz said:

oh snap... Adam Driver tid bit on Kylo in ep VIII

Driver was also asked if his Kylo Ren Character survives Episode VIII, to which he responded with an answer that will undoubtedly drive many Star Wars Fans crazy until the films release

depends on what your idea of living is.

That could just be a play on words like Obiwan did to Luke. The man you knew is gone and new one has taken his place.
First Page Last Page
Page 534 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.