Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,502 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bingo, that is!
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
redline248 said:

So I guess these are the same walkers that were in rebels when they recruited Rex?
They answered that in the link and said no.

There is also a tweet in there saying they "aren't technically AT-ATs"

Probably because the ones at Hoth were @-@. and these are actually A.T. A.T.s
Duncan Idaho
Something about the visibility of what you did
txagman1998
AG
Quote:

Holdup. Snowdpeeder blasters can't scratch AT-AT armor, but a shoulder fired rocket can render damage?

Yup, that's why I always equip the Ion Torpedo when playing as the Rebels during Walker Assault mode in Star Wars Battlefront.
Farmer1906
AG
Maul getting his own comic book.

Quote:

The comic finds Maul an untested warrior under the training of Darth Sidious, who would later become the Galactic Emperor. Told to stand down from engaging with Jedi yet, Maul hunts down the worst of the worst in the cosmic underworld to vent his frustration.

After learning a young Jedi Padawan named Eldra Kaitis has fallen into the hands of a crime lord, Maul seizes an opportunity to test his skills against a real Jedi but also maybe turn someone else to the dark side.
Duncan Idaho
i wish they would just let Maul fade off into the sunset.
Dro07
AG
He is getting Boba Fett'd
TexAgBolter
AG

Didn't know if it has been discussed, but I just noticed that the one AT-AT is open and empty.
Duncan Idaho
do you even follow the toys?
Jason Ag
AG
wangus12 said:

So I'm extremely curious on how big the planet is that they are preparing to destroy. There are two shots that make the Death Star look tiny in comparison. Also, the superlaser must not be fully powered yet, because in VI, it simply zaps and explodes Alderaan whereas here it appears to take some to time to deal destruction to the planet.

Maybe they just wanted to destroy that piece/area of the planet.
MandoArms
TexAgBolter said:

Didn't know if it has been discussed, but I just noticed that the one AT-AT is open and empty.
They are AT ACTs. Some sort of cargo walker thing....

https://t.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=105245456
The Collective
AG
At-Acts... Let the debate begin.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Should just be AT-CT
Chipotlemonger
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

do you even follow the toys?

Even with the toys there was stuff that ran through the body
MGS
All Terrain - Armored Cargo Transport?
ja86
AG
put a couple of door gunners on it and and squint your eyes funny and it can almost be a uh-1 flying over Vietnam full Apocalypse Now style.....
Simplebay
AG
When the bloody hell are tickets for this thing on sale
wangus12
AG
TexAgBolter said:

Its just so......rectangular
jr15aggie
AG
TexAgBolter said:

They have exactly ZERO ways to defend themselves from the side or the back. The ONLY way they can attack something is if it is stupid enough to stand/fly in front of it. If the enemy were ever smart enough to deploy troops behind it, I have no friggin idea how these things would even begin to try and turn around. And don't even get me started on troops simply standing below them and shooting the crap out of their bellies.

Seriously, what is the point of Imperial Walkers........... Looking friggin awesome, that's what!!!!!
Flashdiaz
AG
jr15aggie said:

TexAgBolter said:

They have exactly ZERO ways to defend themselves from the side or the back. The ONLY way they can attack something is if it is stupid enough to stand/fly in front of it. If the enemy were ever smart enough to deploy troops behind it, I have no friggin idea how these things would even begin to try and turn around. And don't even get me started on troops simply standing below them and shooting the crap out of their bellies.

Seriously, what is the point of Imperial Walkers........... Looking friggin awesome, that's what!!!!!
yeah, I kind of often wondered why the snowspeeders didn't attack from the side or behind... they just need to stay out of the range of the motion of the head.
They need to throw a turret on top.
hunter2012
AG
Catalyst, the prequel book for Rogue One, released today. I got the audiobook on audible and just need a chance to listen to it.
Farmer1906
AG
hunter2012 said:

Catalyst, the prequel book for Rogue One, released today. I got the audiobook on audible and just need a chance to listen to it.

I plan on doing that next week.
Hagen95
AG
Quote:

yeah, I kind of often wondered why the snowspeeders didn't attack from the side or behind...

Quote:

That armor's too strong for blasters. Rogue Group, use your harpoons and tow cables. Go for the legs. It might be our only chance.

Ag Since 83
AG
Will be starting Catalyst tonight or tomorrow. Looking forward to some discussion by the end of the week
The Collective
AG
Simplebay said:

When the bloody hell are tickets for this thing on sale

I assume after the holiday at this point.
MGS
TexAgBolter said:

It's just a movie screen. After battles, the storm troopers have movie night.
Farmer1906
AG
Anyone else read (listen) to the cannon novels?

I am working my way through Lost Stars now and as I mentioned a few posts before Catalyst next week. Aftermath, Aftermath Life Debt, and Bloodline are all excellent listens and Ahsoka is solid. I'm not enjoying Lost Stars quite as much, but still good.
AliasMan02
AG
aggie1906 said:

Anyone else read (listen) to the cannon novels?

I am working my way through Lost Stars now and as I mentioned a few posts before Catalyst next week. Aftermath, Aftermath Life Debt, and Bloodline are all excellent listens and Ahsoka is solid. I'm not enjoying Lost Stars quite as much, but still good.
I'm a little behind, but have read everything up to Ahsoka, which I hope to get into this weekend. Think I'm gonna hold off on Catalyst until after I see Rogue One.

Further behind on comics, though. Have the last couple of months to check out, at least.

Overall the new expanded stuff is really good. I appreciate the quality control. Still some "meh" items, but overall so much better than the old EU.
Farmer1906
AG
I bought a few #1s and read a few Vaders. Which (any? all?) comics are worth reading?
AliasMan02
AG
aggie1906 said:

I bought a few #1s and read a few Vaders. Which (any? all?) comics are worth reading?
Vader is probably the best series. The base Star Wars series is also pretty good. The Vader Down crossover was good.

If you have a favorite character, picking up their miniseries is probably worthwhile.

For whatever reason, imo Star Wars has never made GREAT comic books. Something about that universe doesn't translate to such a short medium, I think.
TCTTS
AG
Some very minuscule Episode VIII details. Nothing spoilery, either. A year out, I'm honestly shocked how little we know about this movie compared to how much we knew about TFA a year out...

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/11/some-early-solid-rumors-on-star-wars-episode-viiis-laura-dern-benicio-del-toro-and-kelly-marie-tran/
Duncan Idaho
As an aside, I would like to make the sex with Laura dern
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm betting that Benicio del Toro's character ends up being something akin to an Emperor's Hand since I doubt he'll end up being Thrawn (hey I can hope right?), and Dern ends up relating to New Alderaan in some way. Looking forward to hearing about Kelly Marie Tran's character though.
Duncan Idaho
I really hope there isn't a "new Alderaan"
AliasMan02
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I really hope there isn't a "new Alderaan"

The Alderaan remnant shows up in new EU stuff occasionally, notably the Leia comics and Bloodline. Can't recall if they have a homeworld or not.
First Page Last Page
Page 499 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.