Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,976 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
just kidding who the hell likes star trek?
Tanya 93
quote:
just kidding who the hell likes star trek?
Me.

I love it.
boogieman
AG
The ring theory isn't new. That **** was out there when he GL was making episode 1.
TCTTS
AG
No one here said it wasn't.
Dro07
AG
One ring to rule them all?
The Collective
AG
I have always felt like the ring theory as it relates to SW is interesting, but it doesn't make the prequels better movies unfortunately.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I have always felt like the ring theory as it relates to SW is interesting, but it doesn't make the prequels better movies unfortunately.
boogieman
AG
Easy there.

I'm just saying that it's an old thing and not something new specifically from this documentary.

I never said anybody did.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
boogieman
AG
I'm just saying. I wasn't replying to anybody.

I didn't quote anybody or say that somebody said it was new.
TCTTS
AG
If there's anyone here who has heard of the Ring Theory before, it's Brian. Either way, re-read his post. He's not saying he had never heard of it.
boogieman
AG
I never said he hasn't.

I don't need to reread his post. My post wasn't addressing him.

Why can't I just make a ****ing general comment regarding the ring theory?

Calm the **** down.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I honestly find stuff like this even more fascinating than the actual movies sometimes.

Anyone seen the doc on Superman Lives? Great stuff. And obviously the Episode 1 doc is one of the better "making of" documentaries I've ever seen. Along with the three LOTR documentaries by Costa Botes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dude, relax. I was only responding when you mentioned it was towards me before you edited.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm actually fairly disappointed with the TFA documentary for being so over-produced and "sanitized", in a way. Hell, not even a mention of Harrison's injury?

Give me gritty and genuine inside view of the making of the movie any day over the shiny and produced snippets and interviews that Disney did.
Dro07
AG
Hey you guys ever hear about this ring theory?
bobinator
AG
It could be a third level psychological reference that only a time traveling genius from the future could get and "I hate sand" would still be a crap line
TCTTS
AG

quote:
Anyone seen the doc on Superman Lives?

I've always been incredibly fascinated with that project, and the doc is such a great account of the whole sh*t show.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The whole giant spider thing is f-ing hilarious to me.

Crazy thing is, there were a couple moments when they were doing the costume fittings with Cage where he didn't look THAT bad. The pictures we've all seen are basically the ones where he looks the most ridiculous.
Ag Since 83
AG
There's a Superman Lives documentary? Beyond the Evening with Kevin Smith story? How have I not heard of this?

Also speaking of making of documentaries, I watched Raiders: The Making of the Greatest Fan Film Ever Made last weekend, and it is easily my favorite movie I've seen this summer
TCTTS
AG
http://www.tdoslwh.com

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Beat me to it.
Malachi Constant
AG
Anakin's fall to the dark side was really stupid and not developed well enough.
redline248
AG
I feel like the objective, from a story telling perspective, was to show the gradual move toward darkness over films 2 and 3, and then the sudden plunge to illustrate the completeness of his fall. However, I do agree that it felt clunky in Palpatine's office.
The Collective
AG
quote:
I feel like the objective, from a story telling perspective, was to show the gradual move toward darkness over films 2 and 3, and then the sudden plunge to illustrate the completeness of his fall. However, I do agree that it felt clunky in Palpatine's office.

No doubt on the progression across both fims, but he hits his knees and pledges himself to Palp's teaching way too quickly. It's just an odd scene.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:

No doubt on the progression across both fims, but he hits his knees and pledges himself to Palp's teaching way too quickly. It's just an odd scene.
then he immediately goes off and kills a bunch of toddlers.

So, he thinks the Jedi are power hungry and want control so they go after palps... oh no, can't have that.
What's that go slaughter children you used to be around? Sounds good, be back in a bit.
The Collective
AG
As we continue the countdown to Rogue One, the snippet this week is one of my favorite moments from the original trilogy. We have great droid interaction, wookie sorrow, & my favorite force ghost scene in the films. I really enjoy the various sound effects that take place up until the score is reintroduced with Kenobi.
Duncan Idaho
The emptiness of that scene always bothered me. Imagine how great it would have been of George had been able to shoot it on a sound stage with green screens. Little baby wampas running around, snow jawas, any other special things to make it rhyme with the first movie a little more.

Just think how great the special edition MOS Eisley was and then reimagine this scene.
redline248
double aught
AG
That scene follows one of my favorite lines. Han's total overreaction to someone showing concern for his safety. "Then I'll see you in hell!"

redline248
AG
Yeah, he was way pissed at Random Rebel Soldier #8. Is that the only reference to hell (or any other earth religion concept) in those movies?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Yeah, he was way pissed at Random Rebel Soldier #8. Is that the only reference to hell (or any other earth religion concept) in those movies?

Finn says "Hell no" in TFA.
boogieman
AG
It is hilarious how mad Han is in that scene.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
It is hilarious how mad Han is in that scene.

Is that hot-headedness that han and kylo share that makes the force awaken rhyme with Empire
Flashdiaz
AG
well that Rebel was being a negative troll and not offering any help... basically telling him he was going to die and he should just let his friend die.

So Han quickly puts him in his place and acts rather than standing around giving useless unsolicited advice.
First Page Last Page
Page 470 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.