Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,887,065 Views | 43964 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
How about a crawl at the end?
or have it fly in line by line from the left or right like a 1990's powerpoint presentation.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ha!
Zemira
AG
quote:
quote:
or have it fly in line by line from the left or right like a 1990's powerpoint presentation.

A few weeks ago a co-worker of mine used transitions in a PowerPoint presentation. I thought they had died 10+ years ago, but they are still available. Needless to say I suggested he take them out on future presentations.
double aught
AG
Were there sound effects to go with them?
Zemira
AG
No, but he did have a video with sound.

I don't think he had done a presentation in a while and wanted to show off his skills. I have learned at my company concise, clutter-free, transition free, music free presentations are valued.

Hopefully the Star Wars powers that be feel similarly.
Duncan Idaho
When Scott McNealy was CEO of sun he would walk out of any presentation that had animations. He ended up banning it from the company because he felt people were wasting too much time ****ing with the graphics.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
That would be pretty cool.

I was thinking it'd be cool to have a crawl, but have it be different from the saga films.

Like maybe stylize the crawl to appear along the surface of the Death Star in a slow panning shot to open the movie. (Similar to the words appearing on the side of the building in the North by Northwest opening credits.)

James Bond Style Inteo or GTFO
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

A few weeks ago a co-worker of mine used transitions in a PowerPoint presentation. I thought they had died 10+ years ago, but they are still available. Needless to say I suggested he take them out on future presentations.

The only acceptable transition is the quick fade.

Click a slide on the outline frame; CTRL-A to select all; transitions menu; fade
spanky
AG
Multiple fade to black LOTR ROTK screens or GTFO
SpreadsheetAg
AG
With Enya music like "May it be..."
jabberwalkie09
AG
Per Making Star Wars, Riz Ahmed confirms that Rogue One reshoots are complete.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.flickreel.com/first-look-at-star-wars-rogue-ones-u-wing-ship/
The Collective
AG
I can't keep up with all of these lettered ships.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
I'm waiting for the F Wing to rendezvous with the U wing
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

I'm just looking forward to the door gunner we saw in the bts video from celebration. Reminded me of full metal jacket.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rogue-one-drama-writer-tony-916695

Looks like Tony Gilroy is heavily involved in the editing for Rogue One. (Writer of the Bourne movies, director of Michael Clayton.)

It does make me wonder though if this is a lack of faith in Gareth, or just wanting him to be supported.
The Collective
AG
hmmmmm....
AliasMan02
AG
They seem to bring in other creatives for script, directing, editing, etc. quite a bit.
amercer
AG
quote:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/rogue-one-drama-writer-tony-916695

Looks like Tony Gilroy is heavily involved in the editing for Rogue One. (Writer of the Bourne movies, director of Michael Clayton.)

It does make me wonder though if this is a lack of faith in Gareth, or just wanting him to be supported.

At the very least bringing in a guy with that resume should ease people's fears that Disney was trying to Ewok it up.
jr15aggie
AG
I am so many times less hyped for this movie than I was for Ep VII. To be expected I guess, but I'm not even counting the weeks... it will be here when it's here. I'm sure I'll buy advanced tickets for opening night, but I don't think I'll be super hyped for any of the "Star Wars Story" movies. Hopefully I'll still geek out any time a roman numeral is present though!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
More on Star Wars TV developing???

http://videoeta.com/news/5242
TCTTS
AG
http://variety.com/2016/film/news/star-wars-rogue-one-cameo-1201831711/
Duncan Idaho
Honestly that's not very surprising
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
More on Star Wars TV developing???

http://videoeta.com/news/5242

You know what would be great for Star Wars TV? About three annual hour+ long unrelated features. Short stories from the Star Wars universe akin to the Journey to TFA novellas. I'm thinking about the old Jim Henson Sunday night specials as an influence.

Say the first year you do three installments. Story one is a Rebellion era Bounty Hunter story. Cast someone of film caliber to play the important characters, say Dengar and Manaroo and whoever they are pursuing, and do an hour story of them hunting down some mark or other.

Second you do an Old Republic Jedi story about getting to the bottom of some new threat or other. Make the main characters new and interesting to see if you can pique some interest down the line.

Finally do a First Order era story about a fighter pilot trying to earn his special forces stripe in an expedition against some Outer Rim pirates.

I think these sort of standalone vignettes would do very well, draw great talent that wouldn't necessarily be interested in a whole series, and have some mass appeal beyond what something like AoS brings to Marvel.
Farmer1906
AG
I would love a mini series on the Aftermath books. I may not be in love with the writing style, but that characters & storyline are strong. Plus I really want to see Mr Bones on screen.

AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I would love a mini series on the Aftermath books. I may not be in love with the writing style, but that characters & storyline are strong. Plus I really want to see Mr Bones on screen.

They'll avoid making film adaptations from books. The mediums are just too different, I think. What makes a good movie can make a decent book, but not the other way around as consistently. That's how you end up with differences like in Bourne or Jurassic Park.

Now, an hour feature detailing one of the Aftermath crew's Imperial prisoner snatches? I'm in. I agree about wanting to see Mr. Bones as well. My little Star Wars treatment includes some repurposed droid troopers as set dressing, inspired by that. I never thought I could like one of those droids until Aftermath.
dave94
AG
It would probably be logistically impossible, but a weekly anthology type series would be awesome. Yes, pretty much what the non-episode movies are doing, but on a smaller scale. Tons of places they could go with that.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Almost positive this is the same trailer that debuted at Celebration, and just in time to be attached to Disney's Pete's Dragon this coming weekend.
TCTTS
AG
Also, it will be online immediately after it airs on NBC.
redline248
AG
quote:
Also, it will be online immediately after it airs on NBC.

Good, bc I ain't watching the Olympics
InternetFan02
AG
so they seem to be addressing concerns that the movie is too dark with that poster
The Collective
AG
4 year old son watching Star Wars while I make dinner. Throne room scene is happening and he asks, "Why doesn't Chewie have one (medal)?"

*Cries tears of joy
Duncan Idaho
Kid sounds like a liberal.

Han risks his ship. Luke blows up the death Star and you want Chewie's to get a medal for riding shotgun?
First Page Last Page
Page 459 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.