Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,485 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 39 min ago by TCTTS
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Time is pretty short for an Ahsoka movie. We have her story in TCW and Rebels, and her book will bridge that gap. In order to not tread on Luke's legacy, she kinda needs to be dead by the time ANH rolls around. For her not to appear in Rogue One, she kinda needs to be dead by then as well, as she would be the natural fit to play a role.

If there were to be an Ahsoka movie, it would really have to take place in the aftermath of her duel with Vader and feature a mission related to her confirmation of his identity. A movie about Vader and Ahsoka hunting each other has potential, except that the outcome is a foregone conclusion.
she could be 'dead' for Rogue one since she's 'dead' now... or at least stuck in the ruins of a sith temple.
AMW2010
AG
I thought more people would enjoy being able to watch RoTJ on here...

Apparently the green girl that gets eaten at jabbas, boob flops out at 13:45
Duncan Idaho
See my earlier comment about maul. His character was literally sliced out of the universe and he showed up on robot spider legs, and then again without robot spider legs
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Time is pretty short for an Ahsoka movie. We have her story in TCW and Rebels, and her book will bridge that gap. In order to not tread on Luke's legacy, she kinda needs to be dead by the time ANH rolls around. For her not to appear in Rogue One, she kinda needs to be dead by then as well, as she would be the natural fit to play a role.

I've read this said many times by many people, and given how Vader and her duel ended I don't agree. We can say how she was the little sister to Anakin, but it's clear that holds no special place for him. Luke on the other hand, Vader tries to convert in ESB and ROTJ. And he saved Luke. I'd argue that Luke's legacy would be wholly intact if she popped up elsewhere in the Star Wars universe.
TCTTS
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
See my earlier comment about maul. His character was literally sliced out of the universe and he showed up on robot spider legs, and then again without robot spider legs
agree.... my point is that she doesn't need to be addressed in Rogue one if everyone thinks she's dead. She could re-emerge anytime. Hell, she could show up in Episode VIII as a granny (depending on how her species age).
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

I've read this said many times by many people, and given how Vader and her duel ended I don't agree. We can say how she was the little sister to Anakin, but it's clear that holds no special place for him. Luke on the other hand, Vader tries to convert in ESB and ROTJ. And he saved Luke. I'd argue that Luke's legacy would be wholly intact if she popped up elsewhere in the Star Wars universe.

I meant Luke's legacy as the last Jedi. I realize that Ahsoka isn't technically a Jedi, but I think that's splitting hairs to most viewers. I think it would weaken Luke's importance if Ahsoka was out there in the wings.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed.
AliasMan02
AG
I read in my youth, maybe in the novelization, some description of Jedi being very flashy and directly contrasting what Old Ben wore. He was in hiding, after all.

The idea that Jedi were monks is definitely a prequel invention. Lucas drives me insane.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
So you want a teenage angst movie set in the star wars universe

A grown Ahsoka surviving the purge or in the rebellion would make for an excellent movie.

Watch Rebels

I already do.

An Ahsoka that's post rebellion could be interesting, could have a sith cleanup story of sorts. Hunting an Anakin/palpatine clone or finishing off maul could be a good story. Or maybe a story that connects to Snoke.

Also what about a story that runs parallel to the original trilogy like Lost Stars? There's definitely potential for stories like that. I also don't think it diminishes Luke if she's around during the trilogy. Luke isn't the last force user in the galaxy, we already know that because of Snoke/Leia.

I guess what Im thinking is that there's potential for a Grey Jedi story in the Star Wars universe. And since Ahsoka is the best grey Jedi whose fate is unknown that gives her the most potential.
double aught
AG
quote:

What am i supposed to take from this?
Duncan Idaho
You are supposed to take away the fact that ol' ben was dressed like a Tatooine native and not like a traditional Jedi.

redline248
AG
quote:
I meant Luke's legacy as the last Jedi. I realize that Ahsoka isn't technically a Jedi, but I think that's splitting hairs to most viewers. I think it would weaken Luke's importance if Ahsoka was out there in the wings.

Do you think most viewers would even know who Asohka is? My guess is her story wraps up in rebels, and we don't ever see her in a live action film.

I won't say no chance, but I think it's a slim chance.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly.

Originally, Obi-Wan was in hiding, hence the billowy robe and hood. But then Lucas decided to make the robe and hood the official uniform of the Jedi for the prequels, which makes no sense. Retroactively, it essentially turned A New Hope's Obi-Wan into a cop-in-hiding who was still wearing his police uniform. Granted, it IS a fairly nondescript uniform, but still.
redline248
AG
Not that it really matters much to me, but uncle Owen dressed like the Jedi.
fig96
AG
To support this, remember that in ANH Obi Wan walked into the cantina in his robes and no one thought anything of it. It wasn't till he flashed a lightsaber than they realized what he was.
TCTTS
AG
Good point.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

Do you think most viewers would even know who Asohka is? My guess is her story wraps up in rebels, and we don't ever see her in a live action film.

I won't say no chance, but I think it's a slim chance.

I agree there is virtually no chance of seeing her on screen. If we do, it will be an appearance like Saw's, which would feel a bit hollow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Not that it really matters much to me, but uncle Owen dressed like the Jedi.

I'm 28, have been a SW fan for almost two decades...and I never noticed that before.
Ag Since 83
AG
Didn't Red Letter Media make fun of the protocol droid in TPM deducing that the ambassadors were Jedi Knights based on what they were wearing, given the number of characters in the series wearing similar robes?
exitone
AG
I'm in agreement, I really don't think there is much of a chance we will see her ever again. Her best chance would have been in Rogue One, but it doesn't sound like that will happen. Unfortunate, because she is one of my favorite characters. I think they did us a favor by not outright killing her off and letting her walk away into the sunset... or door... or whatever.

For fun though.... wasn't the 'Episode VIII: Return of the Skywalkers' release date pushed back, and isn't the upcoming season of Rebels the last one. It would be cool if they had to setup of Ahsoka's long term story for her appearance in Ep VIII by wrapping up the final season of Rebels.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Pablo and Filoni have said that Rogue One and the events of ep 4 was the goal they wanted to get to. I think someone asked Pablo on Twitter awhile back if this was the last season and I think he said no.
exitone
AG
That's good. I thought I had heard this was the last season of Rebels. I just couldn't see how they needed to get where they needed to go with only one more season.
Simplebay
AG
Replaying KOTOR, is it wrong that they refer to EVERY government entity as a Sith?? Normal dude guarding a cantina...you are not a Sith. Great game, but I forgot about this. I assume because this came out prior to the only 2 there are, no more no less bullish
Malachi Constant
AG
There is dialogue in KOTOR that suggests that "sith" used to be the name of a whole race of people that were force sensitive but they died out a long time ago.
Duncan Idaho
The rule of two for the sith was one of the dumbest things Lucas did to his creation
redline248
AG
In the EU Legends lore, the Sith was a race of people that the first dark Jedi enslaved or something. Eventually they sort of became the same thing, but still only some were force users. Then the Sith empire grew, controlled by the force users, but normal citizens were still called Sith. Empire fell, and all the force using Sith were destroyed except Bane. He created the rule of 2 to consolidate power, avoid infighting among other Sith, and stay hidden from the Jedi.

In current canon, Bane still started the rule of 2, but I guess it's not set in stone how or why, or how the Sith came to be anyway.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not dumber than Ewoks.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Not dumber than Ewoks.

The Ewoks sucked but they didn't paint the universe into a corner the way the rule of two did.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Not dumber than Ewoks.

They're awesome.
BMX Bandit
quote:
quote:
Not dumber than Ewoks.

The Ewoks sucked but they didn't paint the universe into a corner the way the rule of two did.

Nobody paints Lucas in a corner.
Ulrich
quote:
quote:
quote:
Not dumber than Ewoks.

Nobody paints Lucas in a corner.

Good point, let me make it more accurate: "the Ewoks sucked but they didn't CGI the universe into a corner the way the rule of two did."
redline248
AG
How does the rule of 2 paint the universe into a corner?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
How does the rule of 2 paint the universe into a corner?

Beyond not making sense with the theme of episodes 5 and 6 of the Emperor and Vader openly talking about recruiting a 3rd member of their team, it limits the scope of the Sith as a counter to the Jedi. There just isn't as much that can be done in terms of characters. Fewer narrative options.

I think it's moot now because we're getting a new, non-Sith Dark Side threat.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I think had Palpatine successfully lured Luke to the Dark Side, he would have had Luke kill Vader much as he had Anakin kill Dooku. Or Vader, if he could have lured Luke to the Dark Side, would have used him to kill Palpatine.
First Page Last Page
Page 442 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.