Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,664 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
tamusc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They also have a ton of discounted Armada pieces as well. I recently got the core set of Armada as a gift and might pick up a few new pieces.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Question for all of you:

Didn't someone release a version of all the Star Wars prequels that edited the three movies into one? Secondly, where can I watch that?

I believe it is on youtube; search "star wars turn to the darkside". It is under 3 hours.

Hahaha, cut out the entire Phantom Menace until the last 10 minutes! Perfect!
Duncan Idaho
And I couldn't even make it through those 10 mins.

Probably the first time I have tried to watch that in 5 or 6 years. My God that looked like crap and it was even boring.

TexAgBolter
AG
Houston Symphony playing Star Wars at the Pavillion tonight. See y'all there.
512Ag
AG
quote:

I drove in from Austin with my kids to go with my parents and niece.
TexAgBolter
AG
[URL=.html][/URL]
Not enough Star Wars!
jabberwalkie09
AG
At least they hit the two best pieces from the TFA score. No Indiana Jones though?
TexAgBolter
AG
Indiana Jones was the "encore". Great show.
Simplebay
AG
was there. TFA credits were amazing.
512Ag
AG
Great show. I could've done without Far and Away or The Patriot or either of the two fanfares in order to get Imperial March in there, but what are you gonna do.

Indy and ET were awesome.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
I was there. Curious selection of music including Born on the Fourth of July and Far and Away. Probably not enough Star Wars but this was a good night listening to the music.
AMW2010
AG
The patriot theme is one of the best on that list and if you don't think so, you should slap yourself until you do. The entire patriot soundtrack is amazing!
The Collective
AG
I forgot The Patriot was Williams... will have to re-listen.
Prophet00
AG
Would have liked to see Jurassic Park on there, over one of the lesser-known suites.
Farmer1906
AG
I haven't been keeping up with this thread as much as I had before and I know reshoots were mentioned for Rouge One, but I had no idea it was this extensive.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/star-wars-rogue-one-might-reshoot-half-movie-new-director-538979

quote:

It was previously reported that Bourne franchise writer/director Tony Gilroy was brought onto the team to help supervise the "extensive" reshoots, but now The Playlist a typically reliable source has revealed that "Gilroy is actually supervising, if not helming, the reshoots himself." That's massive (and worrying) news if true, as it indicates Disney is no longer confident in the prowess of Rogue One's current director, Gareth Edwards. Whether these reshoots are minor visual changes or major story adjustments remain to be seen, but most sources seem to believe it's the latter.

On top of the potential overhaul in directorial talent, new reports suggest that Rogue One's reshoots will be substantial substantial as in 50 percent of the entire movie, according to the Latino-Review. If Disney really is "reshooting almost half of the movie" then Edwards truly must have lost the plot, both literally and figuratively.
tamusc
AG
It's not that significant and not nearly 50% of the movie, or they would be changing the release date.

I think TCTTS posted and article that went into the whole reshoot thing.
tamusc
AG
quote:
Let this be the definitive word on the reshoots. Like I said, this isn't nearly the ordeal bloggers are making it out to be, and they're definitely not reshooting 40% of the movie as MakingStarWars is claiming. Breznican is a true journalist, and about as connected as one can be in the world of Lucasfilm...

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/03/rogue-one-reshoots
Here's what TCTTS posted about the reshoots.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Read these two articles that TCTTS posted.

http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2440759/replies/46368446

http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2440759/replies/46370357

Edit: And ninja'd.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
Let this be the definitive word on the reshoots. Like I said, this isn't nearly the ordeal bloggers are making it out to be, and they're definitely not reshooting 40% of the movie as MakingStarWars is claiming. Breznican is a true journalist, and about as connected as one can be in the world of Lucasfilm...

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/03/rogue-one-reshoots
Here's what TCTTS posted about the reshoots.
Seems silly people would be writing an article 4 days after that was released contradicting it. Maybe they're just lazy? I guess they still want hits by keeping controversial.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I guess they still want hits by keeping controversial.
Well, one of the first outlets to report the supposed mood of Disney over the reshoots was Page Six which is a gossip column so.....
512Ag
AG
quote:
The patriot theme is one of the best on that list and if you don't think so, you should slap yourself until you do. The entire patriot soundtrack is amazing!

After further consideration, I'm going to have to agree with you. I retract my statement about exchanging The Patriot for more Star Wars or Jurassic Park. I do love that soundtrack.
Simplebay
AG
The Patriot theme was good, and should not have been chopped.

Born of the 4th of July, the first fanfare....ZZZZZ. get me Jurassic Park. The second fanfare was ok, and Schindler's List was phenomenal.
The Collective
AG
I am concerned about Rogue One, but I think I've been hesitant about the idea and its execution since it was announced. The biggest comfort for me was Kennedy's involvement, but perhaps she has too many plates spinning right now.
Hello there
That's a solid show. Jealous of you that got to go.

Jurassic Park would've been great, and maybe the Force theme or Imperial March, but you can't get em all.

ET is one of my favorites.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Would have liked to hear the Imperial march, scherzo for motorcycles (Last Crusade), Midway or 1941, and Saving Private Ryan's Hymn to the Fallen.

But it was a great performance last night.
TCTTS
AG
Luke's robe, I assume. From Rian Johnson, just now. So awesome...

http://rcjohnso.tumblr.com/post/145623121700/in-the-home-stretch
Jason Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Question for all of you:

Didn't someone release a version of all the Star Wars prequels that edited the three movies into one? Secondly, where can I watch that?

I believe it is on youtube; search "star wars turn to the darkside". It is under 3 hours.

I watched "The Phantom Edit I-III" which is apparently different than "Turn to the Dark Side". It's now gone (copyright issues). A quick google: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/reviews/13882-A-Phantom-Edit-Star-Wars-Prequel-Fan-Edit-Review

http://www.slashfilm.com/topher-grace-edited-star-wars-prequels-85minute-movie/

It was very well done.
AliasMan02
AG
I have an Aggie buddy who does video production, who tried to do a cut of the three prequels, but he couldn't even get through them. He said episode 2 was just too painful.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Would have liked to hear the Imperial march, scherzo for motorcycles (Last Crusade), Midway or 1941, and Saving Private Ryan's Hymn to the Fallen.

But it was a great performance last night.
All in all, John Williams will go down as one of the greatest composers. His music is incredible to listen to live. DSO and FWSO typically do a show like this about once a year.
jbsj9698
AG
quote:
"If I can do it, I certainly will," Williams said to Variety of his desire to compose the score for director Rian Johnson's Star Wars: Episode VIII. "I told [franchise producer] Kathy Kennedy I'm happy to do it, but the real reason is, I didn't want anybody else writing music for Daisy Ridley."
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/john-williams-weighs-scoring-next-174354774.html;_ylt=A0LEVv7qDV9X9HwAJaBjmolQ

Who can blame him? Right??

jabberwalkie09
AG
From the Playstation event at E3......

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/06/the-playstation-e3-event-show-just-showed-a-vr-x-wing-versus-tie-fighter-level-for-battlefront/
Brian Earl Spilner
AMW2010
AG
I met Peter Mayhew last night at comicpalooza
AMW2010
AG
fig96
AG
Awesome stuff. He was at the con I went to in Dallas when Ep I opened and was the most humble, gracious, genuine guy. Unlike some of the others, not to mention any names *cough*Billy Dee*cough*
First Page Last Page
Page 437 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.