Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,272 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was worth opening for the background wallpaper alone.
jabberwalkie09
AG
If I didn't know that was for SW: VIII, I would have sworn we were looking at an episode of Doctor Who filming.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
That was worth opening for the background wallpaper alone.
It does remind me a bit of this:

The Collective
AG
Looks like some diplomats or high-class folks. You might get your wish for a little more nuts & bolts of the universe, Brian.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Game of Thrones.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Not enough snow, wine, boobs, or man ass.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
scubasteve304
AG
Are they going to a Space Opera?
SeattleAgJr
Mark Hamill, trolling!

What a Joker!
The Collective
AG
quote:
Are they going to a Space Opera?

I hear Snoke loves space operas. Must be a darkside thing.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ILM put this portfolio of pre-production art from TFA on their site. Amazing.

http://www.ilm.com/visual_development/the-force-awakens-portfolio/

Imgur album: http://imgur.com/a/gBoLA
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Never would've imagined the TIE wings folded up.

jabberwalkie09
AG
8- would have been cool, but I guess they can do this down the line.
41- Han, with a beard and wearing a duster? Can't get much more western than that! would have been great to see.
45- IS THAT MUSTAFAR?!??!?!?!?!!? Vader's Castle maybe? Perhaps..... We will see this place in VIII?!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
^ That Vader fortress in the middle of what looks like Mordor gives me a raging nerd boner.

Beat me to it jabber.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm just hoping that eventually makes it into the larger SWU..... Vader's Castle seems like a great place for Kylo to want to venture so he can connect with his grandfather.....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seems to me that'd be a great place for Rey to finally face Kylo in the final chapter of this trilogy.
Flashdiaz
AG

So BB8 rescues a dismembered C3PO from the first order?
The Collective
AG
quote:

brb
TCTTS
AG

This was the concept art for an "exotic city" where Maz's castle was originally mean to be. It would have been so much cooler had that castle not been randomly in the middle of a forest surrounded by nothing (which kind of made no sense considering the commotion and clientele). Apparently they cut the city itself for budget reasons, but it's assumed the city concepts are being repurposed/reimagined for Episode VIII instead, and that's what's being filmed now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, this looks amazing and would've been so much cooler.

The original concept for the huge, futuristic-looking junkyard that Rey grew up in was pretty awesome too. (You have the Art of TFA book right?)

I hope both of these concepts are revisited in the next two movies, cause they are so much better than just barren desert landscape.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
yeah TCTTS that picture is what made me think that stuff was from VIII since that looks so much like the stuff from Dubrovnik
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, the Art Of book is so cool that it almost makes me like TFA less. There were SO MANY cool ideas that were abandoned. Rey growing up in that junk/shipyard would have been amazing. It's crazy to me that even Star Wars falls prey to budget restraints.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
On the bright side, I doubt Bob Iger will have much of a problem throwing an extra $100M at the next movie, right?

One can hope.
TCTTS
AG
If there was ONE image I wish they would have kept from the Art Of - which could have been super cheap to include - it was the idea of once again opening on a Star Destroyer, just like in Episode IV... but this time, the twist is that it's abandoned, obviously decrepit, and just hurtling through space. We then see a group of space scavengers exit from the bottom after their loot of whatever was left. Granted, this idea was obviously appropriated for Rey on Jakku, and I understand not wanting to go to that well twice, but man, that would have been the PERFECT opening image to start this new trilogy.
amercer
AG
So my wife flew to London yesterday for business. She texting me from the plane, "here's my seat that lays down, and here's the champagne they handed me on my way in, and my fancy BA sleep mask, yada yada. "

And I'm like "yes, yes you're a very important 1%er person and I have to fly coach when the company sends me places, it all sounds pretty awesome."

Then she tells me that The Force Awakens is one of her movie choices....

Pretty sure I'm voting for Bernie Sanders now....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That reminds me. My roommate was in Times Square a few weeks ago, eating at Bubba Gump Shrimp. Who does he see eating there, alone?

Daisy Ridley.

I hate him so much.
Quinn
AG
quote:
That reminds me. My roommate was in Times Square a few weeks ago, eating at Bubba Gump Shrimp. Who does he see eating there, alone?

Daisy Ridley.

I hate him so much.
Yaaaa I don't really believe that. I think he was probably just messing with you.
The Collective
AG
Maybe Daisy is a Forrest Gump enthusiast?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lol, that was my reaction as well.

He's not a making **** up kind of guy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In fact the first thing I thought was that she was in London filming. But then she was at the Oscars. She might've stayed in NY for a day or two, who knows.
redline248
AG
Pics or it didn't happen
COOL LASER FALCON
There's no way Daisy Ridley was at the Times Square Bubba Gump
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You got me, I made up a secondhand celebrity story just for this thread. And I decided on Bubba Gump as the setting.

Guys, it's New York. You run into celebrities in very random places.

Alas, there is no evidence, so you can make up your own mind. "You dont believe in the force do you?"
COOL LASER FALCON
I don't doubt that he told you saw her, or even that he thinks he saw her. I'm just having a really hard time picturing a set of circumstances where she would be there. Maybe she was going inception level incognito?
First Page Last Page
Page 379 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.