Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,299 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
The Shank Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Rey - too much baggage to F or marry

I don't think you understand the rules of F in this scenario.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Young Han Solo Movie will focus on Han and Chewie meeting.

I do wish they'd stop calling it an "origin story." I have tons of faith in Lucasfilm and the creative team behind this, but this movie does make me nervous despite that.

What's the ceiling for a movie like this based on other things we've seen? Like Young Indiana Jones, which was a fun and pretty well done prequel type story in this same vein?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Ceiling? Godfather Part II and De Niro as a younger Corleone.

Only half joking honestly. Han Solo is one of the greatest characters in cinematic history, there is huge potential. Now, De Niro absolutely nailed the younger mob boss. The casting for a Han Solo spinoff is going to be a major part of the puzzle.

It's going to take a lot of pieces firing on all cylinders for this to be great. More than likely it will just be 'good' to 'average' to most of us in my opinion.
The Collective
AG
quote:
quote:
Rey - too much baggage to F or marry

I don't think you understand the rules of F in this scenario.

I think I do. Anyone who passes on Leia is a fool. She'd be a freak, no doubt.
OnlyForNow
AG
So do you get Padmae and Amedala?

That should be explained... twins or look alikes should count as 1, and you should get both.
redline248
AG
quote:
So do you get Padmae and Amedala?

That should be explained... twins or look alikes should count as 1, and you should get both.

I mean, you know they are the same person, right?
OnlyForNow
AG
They were both portrayed by Natalie Portman, but they were supposed to be two different people.
redline248
AG
No they weren't

The queen's name, in episode 1, is Padme Amidala.
OnlyForNow
AG
What?

Really?

I thought that the look-a-like got killed in the explosion/assassination attempt in ep II?
Ag Since 83
AG
The decoy was played by Keira Knightley and had a different name. Padme and Amidala are the same person
redline248
AG
quote:
What?

Really?

I thought that the look-a-like got killed in the explosion/assassination attempt in ep II?

That was a decoy named Corda or something
Ag Since 83
AG
Knightley played Sabe in Episode I. The decoy who was killed in Episode II was Corde
OnlyForNow
AG
Ok, ya, just now seeing that.

Sabe' is the decoy.

I think I knew that Padmae and Amidala were the same person, but I also thought the decoy went by Padmae to confuse everyone, then it wasn't an issue after she was killed during the assassination attempt in ep 2.
jackie childs
quote:
so when Han met Chewie, huh? how long till somebody puts together a mashup with chewie faking an orgasm in a diner and greedo saying "i'll have what he's having"?
redline248
AG
Probably already been done in some twisted corner of the internet
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Put me in the camp that doesn't need to see how Han and Chewie met.

I was hoping for more of a rogue Han story before Chewie, the Falcon, etc.
OnlyForNow
AG
Or how he came into the possession of the Falcon?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, this could make a good movie. Obviously you'd have to have Lando in there.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
So, Han as an imperial officer and freeing Chewy?
OnlyForNow
AG
How old was Han when he saved Chewie's life?

How does that coincide with him getting the Falcon, completing the Kessel Run, etc.

If it is an expansive movie, showing years of his life then I think it might be better.

It'd be a little strange, but think of how Forest Gump plays out, if they took that timeline scenerio, and appplied it (and only it) to a Han movie, I could get on board easily. It'd need to stop somewhere around A New Hope I guess... or stop at TFA.
redline248
AG
Is Han as an Imperial officer + freeing Chewie still canon?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
From wookieepedia:

quote:
He was orphaned at a young age, and turned to a life of crime as a thief in order to survive the perils of the galaxy. Solo, at some point, acquired a starship and became an exceptional pilot. Solo began working outside of the Galactic Empire's laws, beginning a career in smuggling. Solo eventually met the Wookiee Chewbacca, whom he saved from imprisonment. Chewbacca, grateful for Solo's intervention, proclaimed a life debt to the smuggler. Chewbacca thereby became Solo's first mate aboard his ship and the smuggling duo became lifelong friends.

Solo and Chewbacca, at some point, met the self-proclaimed galactic entrepreneur and gambler Lando Calrissian, against whom Solo played a game of "Corellian Spike" Sabacc using a pair of gold dice. During which, Solo gambled for and won Calrissian's YT-1300 light freighter, the Millennium Falcon. The Falcon instantly became Solo's most prized possession and he tied the pair of golden dice he used in the momentous game together and hung them in the Falcon's cockpit.
No specific years , but he met Chewie before winning the Falcon.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'd like to see him start off as a thief and see his early years as a smuggler, maybe seeing him meet Chewie in the second half of the movie.

Kind of coincides with your idea, have the movie span a good 15-20 years of his early life.
redline248
AG
quote:
he tied the pair of golden dice he used in the momentous game together and hung them in theFalcon's cockpit.
I imagine the person who wrote that driving around in his T-top trans am, blaring Whitesnake in his denim jacket.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
OnlyForNow
AG
Ohhhh TCTSS.... we've got another movie idea for you.
dave94
AG
quote:

How does that coincide with him getting the Falcon, completing the Kessel Run, etc.

If it is an expansive movie, showing years of his life then I think it might be better.

It'd be a little strange, but think of how Forest Gump plays out, if they took that timeline scenerio, and appplied it (and only it) to a Han movie, I could get on board easily. It'd need to stop somewhere around A New Hope I guess... or stop at TFA.
My worry with this is that they'd money-whip Harrison Ford into doing bookend "I remember back in the day..." (cue flashback!) scenes that could be really cheesy.
COOL LASER FALCON
I think I've already said this on the thread, but just don't make the movie a "Han Solo's Great Hits."
Wrec86 Ag
quote:
My worry with this is that they'd money-whip Harrison Ford into doing bookend "I remember back in the day..." (cue flashback!) scenes that could be really cheesy.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:

Movie starts with Han and Ben S. struggling with a lightsaber, slowmo ignite into han.... Han remembers his life, hijinks ensue. End movie with Han falling into a pit.

AverageJones
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Movie starts with Han and Ben S. struggling with a lightsaber, slowmo ignite into han.... Han remembers his life, hijinks ensue. End movie with Han falling into a pit.

Post-credits scene of him waking up in the bottom of the pit, using the force to climb out
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What if Han narrates the whole thing post-death, American Beauty style?
jackie childs
i think they should show Han sneaking around an imperial prison, looking for a particularly hot smuggler chick that he was planning to spring for a rescue/booty call. but then when he opens the door, it's chewie instead who is immediately grateful for being rescued and Han's too proud to admit his mistake.
jackie childs
sorry, forgot the wink face
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm glad most of y'all aren't the writers or creative minds behind this movie.
First Page Last Page
Page 376 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.