Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,618 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why are you surprised? Just like the prequels, we know the end game kind of going in. There's a plot limitation there.

Episode 8 is a continuation on the best Sci fi trilogy of all time. Rogue One is a random prologue.
Chipotlemonger
AG
And honestly, I don't even think some casual fans know of Rogue One yet.
COOL LASER FALCON
I'm not worried about the plot limitation. The new Planet of the Apes movies have a plot limitation and they're some of the best movies going. That can be an advantage just in terms of quality of movie, imo.

I'm surprised just because it's weird for me to think that anything Star Wars can be less then enormous. just thought "Star Wars" was enough to generate more press than most movies get. I don't consider myself much more than a casual fan and I'm stoked.
TCTTS
AG
I have a feeling I might very well end up liking Rogue One more than TFA.

But yeah, it's still too early to market it. Once the Blu-Ray for TFA is out, and the release cycle is finally, 100% complete, they'll start pushing Rogue One. Likely with Civil War the first week of May, as previously stated.
Chipotlemonger
AG
We're basically set with weekly changes and news on Star Wars for years.
AliasMan02
AG
Last weekend got derailed, but I think we are gonna see it one more time in the theater on Saturday.
512Ag
AG
quote:
Seriously, who doesn't like BB-8? Do you hate ice cream, orgasms, and Back to the Future also?
Urban Ag
AG
Does Rogue One have the kind of budget that TFA had? Or is it more like the individual Marvel character movies (Capt America, Ant Man, Iron Man, etc) as compared to The Avengers?

Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Does Rogue One have the kind of budget that TFA had? Or is it more like the individual Marvel character movies (Capt America, Ant Man, Iron Man, etc) as compared to The Avengers?

Good question
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Safe to assume it's less. For starters, they don't have to book actors to extended gigs, or pay Harrison Ford.
double aught
AG
quote:
Last weekend got derailed, but I think we are gonna see it one more time in the theater on Saturday.
We threw an extra $16 on their pile today. Took my wife to see it before it left theaters.
TCTTS
AG
http://makingstarwars.net/2016/03/star-wars-the-force-awakens-blu-ray-deleted-scenes-list/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dat Luke tho!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Deleted Scenes are listed as follows:

• Finn And The Villager
  • Jakku Message
  • X-wings Prepare For Lightspeed
  • Kylo Searches The Falcon
  • Snow Speeder Chase
  • Finn Will Be Fine

OceanStateAg
AG
They should have waited on the release day... May 4th would have been perfect marketing.
Wrec86 Ag
I'm going a few pages back, but I have a connection to Scott Eastwood (re: the Han Solo role). I didn't get very many details (nothing at all really), but the gist of it is that he's still in the running and exited about the opportunity.

/ cool story bro.
Mr. White
quote:
I'm going a few pages back, but I have a connection to Scott Eastwood (re: the Han Solo role). I didn't get very many details (nothing at all really), but the gist of it is that he's still in the running and exited about the opportunity.

/ cool story bro.

I support Eastwood getting the role.
The Collective
AG
Watching Episode IV right now with the kid. This is his first go. He's following along with his SW book when there are scenes that match up with his book. We will be ready to take in TFA next month as a family.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gotta get him out to the theater for VIII.
Phat32
AG
I'm surprised that Star Wars has slowed at the box office. It's at a little over $2B, where Avatar hit $2.7. Figured it'd blow Avatar out of the water.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Asia and Europe were massive for Avatar.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Footage for Rogue One was shown at an investors meeting apparently. Sounds like it was a bit of a teaser and not really a trailer.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-Rogue-One-Showed-Off-Footage-Here-What-We-Know-116367.html
AliasMan02
AG
Often stormtroopers armored in black are called Dark Troopers.
twilly
AG
Well the fam and I are about to board the Disney Fantasy for a week long cruise. STAR WARS Day at Sea. Already seen a bunch of 501st stickers on bags and NOT wearing a STAR WARS shirt is in the minority.

They will be showing TFA on the boat so at least one more viewing for me. They are also showing episodes 1-6 as well.

I'll post pics and give a review of the cruise upon my return.
redline248
AG
That sounds pretty baller
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Well the fam and I are about to board the Disney Fantasy for a week long cruise. STAR WARS Day at Sea. Already seen a bunch of 501st stickers on bags and NOT wearing a STAR WARS shirt is in the minority.

They will be showing TFA on the boat so at least one more viewing for me. They are also showing episodes 1-6 as well.

I'll post pics and give a review of the cruise upon my return.
Well... that decides the honeymoon.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Im on the bus to the Fantasy right now! Representing A&M with the shirt.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just pre-ordered.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That cruise sounds ****ing awesome.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Went to the Star Wars costume exhibition today in NYC. Pretty damn awesome.

Posting a few pics but the full album is here: http://imgur.com/a/UyDzk

Malachi Constant
redline248
AG
That's cool af.
SwigAg11
The Collective
AG
quote:

That's the plan. I will judge his readiness when the time comes. I decided that he might not be ready for the intensity of TFA on the big screen, but I'm confident he will handle it fine at the house. On the plus, he was at my parent's house on Friday, and he came back to my house with about 20 Star Wars figures that I did not know they had. I believe they are the mid-90s toys. My favorite might be the Han Solo in Carbonite block... I believe this is the one:
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:

That's the plan. I will judge his readiness when the time comes. I decided that he might not be ready for the intensity of TFA on the big screen, but I'm confident he will handle it fine at the house. On the plus, he was at my parent's house on Friday, and he came back to my house with about 20 Star Wars figures that I did not know they had. I believe they are the mid-90s toys. My favorite might be the Han Solo in Carbonite block... I believe this is the one:

too bad he can't open it and play with it since it's a collectors item
First Page Last Page
Page 374 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.