Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,046 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
Ganondorf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I won't be done with it, but I do hope it's not that similar to Empire.

Chewbacca will be frozen in carbonite.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Disney should wait for Avatar 2 to pick a new date, then move Episode VIII to the day before.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Of 2019 sure.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Disney should wait for Avatar 2 to pick a new date, then move Episode VIII to the day before.

Disney has a vested interest in BOTH franchises....they may not own Avatar, but they are building an entire theme park region in Animal Kingdom called Pandora - the World of Avatar set to open in 2017 as well.....

the theme park will likely attract visitors regardless because of its scope and scale (several acres, multiple rides and attractions, $500 million development cost) but the tie-in the future movies is a big part of the plans as well to make it timely and relevant.

The Collective
AG
This may have been posted already.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Crap, I missed this thread's birthday. Turned 2 yesterday.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Crap, I missed this thread's birthday. Turned 2 yesterday.
Deadbeat dad!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I learned from the best.

double aught
AG
John Boyega for all your stock photo needs.

http://time.com/4172971/star-wars-john-boyega-getty-stock-model/
Simplebay
AG
The hell is he doing with his hands here. Nerdery needs this

jeffk
AG
What a diverse office staff!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Maybe he's playing Galaga with a keyboard?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

he's googling "how to defect from the first order and not get caught"
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

he's googling "how to defect from the first order and not get caught"

Lightsaber training for Dummies
Zemira
AG
quote:

Not learning to touch type.
jeffk
AG
Looks like me in 6th grade trying to use Mavis Beacon.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Bob Iger says that more Star Wars (and Marvel) films are in development after the ones apparently already planned per the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35354293/more-star-wars--marvel-films-coming-on-top-of-those-we-already-know-about

I could go for a trilogy of films set back in the Old Republic (KOTOR) era centering on Revan, and an anthology film on Darth Plagueis.
redline248
AG
Ugh, there are so many more interesting characters from all the various stories than Plagueis.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Ugh, there are so many more interesting characters from all the various stories than Plagueis.

Agreed. Bring me a Revan trilogy!!!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Seems like he is always THE black guy.
Quad Dog
AG
quote:
quote:
Am I the only person who wants to never see a double bladed lightsaber again?
I'll be frank, Yes.
Can I still be Quad Dog?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
SAY IT WITH ME, "ROGUE SQUADRON"

ROGUE SQUADRON, DAMMIT!!
jabberwalkie09
AG
"The 24 Most Insane Theories about who Rey's Parent's Are"

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-24-most-insane-theories-about-who-rey-s-parents-are-1755245668

Some of those are.... special...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Darth Vader will have action sequences in Rogue One. We have been told that Darth Vader has had several suits of armor built for the film. There is a hero suit which is a direct copy of the suit we have seen in Star Wars: A New Hope, down to the lenses in the eyes. The most interesting part is that stunt suits have been built which indicates Darth Vader will in fact see action.

The action sequences filmed are unknown, but there was work pitching the different ways Darth Vader could kill rebels on a battlefield with the Force and his lightsaber. The storyboard "pitches" showing decapitated rebels, people being dismembered by Vader throwing his sword, levitating bodies to make human shields and so on. The art was more violent than what we've seen Darth Vader do on screen before.
http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/a-classic-villain-will-have-some-action-in-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/

AgMarauder04
AG
Cheese and rice.

It moved.
Urban Ag
AG
this one actually has some merit, IMO

quote:
24) My Crazy Theory
Having spent the last several days mired in Rey madness, I would like the opportunity to posit my own crazy theory: That Rey doesn't have parents, and that in fact she's the result of an experimentan evil experiment, perhaps by scientists who continued their work after the Emperor's death, perhaps Snoke and/or the Knights of Ren, perhaps the Sith. Whoever was behind it, they wanted to create an ultimate Force-user, so they created a child from the greatest Force-user they had access to:
Luke. Specifically, Luke's hand.
Think about it in the way that Star Wars science worksnamely, it usually works in the way we think it should work, not how it really does. The Emperor's body was absolutely annihilated when the Death Star blew up; Luke burned Vader's body, but even if Vader's mask remains I don't see an Imperial CSI team scouring the ashes for Vader's DNA. That leaves Luke, and given that someone found Luke's lightsaber from his climatic battle on Cloud City, it's not unreasonable his severed hand would end up in the same place (and this matches some of the weird rumors that dogged TFA before its release about Luke's lightsaber, with hand still attached(!), playing an important role in the movie). These evil scientistsmaybe sent by the Emperor himself, directly after ESBgrabbed both the lightsaber and the hand, and got to work. And it took them years before they created a viable living subject using Luke's hand.
This would make Rey a Skywalker, but avoids 1) Luke having to have sex with some character we've never met and don't care about and 2) avoiding the crazy virgin birth thing that Anakin did. If their continued fight against the Empire/First Order, it's possible Luke and the others happened up this lab and found and rescued 5-year-old Rey, at which point Luke would have tried to train her with Ben Solo. When Snoke hears about Rey, he orders Kylo and the Knights of Ren to either destroy the girl or bring her to him to turn to the Dark Side, in true Star Wars-style.
Ben, at 19 years old, is cruel enough to kill his fellow students as they try to protect Rey, but not quite far gone enough to murder a five-year-old girl in cold blood, even if she is some kind of mega-weapon. However, Kylo also doesn't want her as competition, or her exceeding him. His decision? To drop her off on some remote planet that no one would ever think to look for her and leave her in the hands of some brute like Unkar Plutt, presumably never to be seen or heard from again. To me, this is the only way Rey's abandonment works; it has to be by someone cruel, but also someone that wants her out of the picture, but not dead.
So Luke, Han, and Leia don't know if the girl's alive or dead, or if she is, whether she's part of the First Order. It's effectively impossible to search for her. All Luke can do is put out part of a map in hopes that the Force will somehow guide it to her when she's readyand thus eventually guide her to him.

Obviously somebody retrieved Luke's light saber so why not the hand too?
Since Bespin was being evacuated it's likely that only Vader was aware of the severed hand/lost saber and made Palpatine aware later. After all his orders were to turn Luke or destroy him.
Palps always had contingency plans so it's not too far out there to believe that if he couldn't turn Luke he might clone him.
Han and Leia know something about Rey.
Kylo Ren knows who she is.
Snoke seems to know who she is.
After seeing the movie twice I am convinced that the "awakening" and the "force awakens" specifically means Rey and the awakening of her powers
I still think that the brief glimpse of the Knight of Ren was a flashback and not a view of the future. Kylo taking Rey and dumping her on some backwater planet, not allowing her to be killed, makes sense. Kylo seems keenly aware that "sentiment" is what brought down Vader, the Emperor, and the Empire and its probably that same sentiment that kept him from killing Rey which he know now was a mistake.

they've certainly came up with worse ideas in the previous trilogies
joemeister
AG
That guy totally just retconned Lu'uke!
The Collective
AG
So, what they are saying about Vader is... do not underestimate his power.
jabberwalkie09
AG
HOLY ****

I bet he's going to show up in the third act to bring pain and doom for the rebels. Sounds like a great way to kill pretty much everyone off.

Perhaps the segment of fans *****ing and moaning about not seeing Vader absolutely destroy everyone under the sun will now be happy if this comes to pass.

Nope, doubt that.
The Collective
AG
I think that I would be more willing to accept the virgin birth than the theory above.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
So, what they are saying about Vader is... do not underestimate his power.
**Sees Darth Vader**

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The reaction whenever he enters a room -

The Collective
AG
So, will Vader be a complete badass or will he still be slightly whiny? It doesn't seem like a turn to the dark side would take away all of his emoness. Hell, look at Kylo. It's probably made him an even bigger whiner than he was pre-heel turn.
Knife_Party
Use your noggin. Rogue One is set almost immediately before Episode 4. Vader will be like the Vader of the OT.
First Page Last Page
Page 360 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.