Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,753 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
FREE Star Wars Google Cardboards

https://store.google.com/product/61378afccd1eb7d5

It works intermittently; it seems like they're adding stock as soon as they run out, not sure. Had to try a bunch of times but the order finally went through. Got me an R2-D2 on the way.
sorry to be old, but what is the purpose of this product?
There are apps you can use and games you can play. You put your phone inside, and it works like a basic VR viewer.
that only confused me more, I'm guessing it's not for me.
The Collective
AG
I am confused too, and I'm c/o '06.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, you have to refresh until you see the green button on top that says Free.

This is a piece of cardboard you fold into a box and place your phone inside, to make sort of a "virtual reality" device out of your phone.

The SW app has a 3D Jakku environment that youll be able to explore.

http://www.starwars.com/news/experience-star-wars-like-never-before-in-jakku-spy?cmp=smc|302605959&linkId=19518756
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

This is a piece of cardboard you fold into a box and place your phone inside, to make sort of a "virtual reality" device out of your phone.

I don't have a smart phone so basically I'd just be buying a piece of cardboard.
twilly
AG
quote:
Is anybody here watching the Sotheby's online auction going on right now?

This stuff is going for crazy high amounts!!!

I have a Jeremy Bulloch signed TESB 15th Anniversary Poster exactly like the one in the auction. I'm very interested to see what it sells for.

It was an unsigned poster and it sold for $3,750. WOW. Gives me a whole new perspective on what it's worth.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't have a smart phone so basically I'd just be buying a piece of cardboard.
For the price of zero dollars, but yeah. Star Wars-themed cardboard.

Also, who in 2015 doesn't have a smartphone? Come on, dude.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Found this thread on reddit about fallen Star Wars fans. Damn onions.

quote:
This goes to mom that died 2 years ago. Her and my father showed me TESB when I was four and I've watched them all with them. She wasn't the biggest fan, but she watched them with me because she knew how much they meant to me. She would watch the Clone Wars with me and ask so many questions because she was so curious about it all. It literally hurts that I can't watch TFA with her to see how she'd like it and swoon over Han since she was in LOVE with Harrison Ford, and I know she'd do the same now. It honestly hurts a lot, but she was always luminous, she never needed that crude matter. Love you, Mom
quote:
My dad, he became one with the force 4 years ago. My love of Star Wars would not be here if it were not for him setting me down at three years old, handing me a Luke skywalker lightsaber and telling me these movies would change my life.
quote:
My dad, who excitedly took me to the theaters for the re-releases, and let me listen to his Star Wars records every day after school until the movies were released, who waited patiently as I flipped through row after row of star wars action figures looking for the ones I "needed", who bought me all the EU books which I spent an entire summer reading outside his shop.
I think he'd be really proud that I got into Star Wars costuming and if he was still alive I'd absolutely make him a costume, he probably would have been psyched to wear it. And I know he'd be as excited as a little kid on Christmas for this new movie.
The Mando Mercs are encouraging anyone who wishes to show their support for Daniel Fleetwood & his family to wear a small purple ribbon to the movie. I was thinking about wearing one for him, my dad, and all the fans who aren't here to see it.
quote:
My friend Brad from high school. He and I were huge into Star Wars growing up, and even pulled off a Star Wars related heist together about 25 years ago. Long story short: we knew of a house in our town that had an extensive Star Wars toy collection in the attic, all boxed up and collecting dust. One day, we saw on the news that the house was engulfed in flames, and just about burned to the ground. On a whim, we snuck into the smoldering wreckage the next day and sifted through the ashes for any trace of the toys. We assumed that they would have all been destroyed in the fire, but being the fanboys we were, we held onto the hope that something might be worth salvaging. To our surprise, most of the toys were not completely melted, but were only lightly toasted and had an acrid smell to them. They cleaned up pretty well and were eventually handed down to our little brothers when we were too old to play with them.

Brad was shot and killed by a police officer who walked out in front of his van on a dark and rainy night attempting to pull him over on foot. The officer who walked into the street said he feared for his life and shot three times through the front windshield killing my friend. He faced no charges and my friend was crucified in the local media for "trying to run down a police officer".
quote:
My close friend Matt died August 30th to brain cancer. He was a huge Star Wars fan and we would talk about seeing this movie and how promising it looked. I'll be thinking of him opening night. The force will be with you, always.
quote:
My dad. He's the one who made me watch "A new hope" when I was a child (I'm 30 now) and bought me a surprise Micro Machines set every now and then... the Falcon sits now proudly in my living room!
He absolutely loved the saga, mostly the first trilogy, and knew every name of characters, ships and planets. He did this only with Star Wars, and could barely stand any other "fantasy" franchise.
Unfortunately, he passed away in 2008, and among every other thing, I won't be able to watch "The Force awakens" with him or come back home from the theater and share my views with him. I think he'd be hyped too for the movie, especially for the return of the original cast...
I think that wednesday (It's Dec. 16 for me) at the theater, the thought of him will be next to me, as always is.
May the force be with you.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

Also, who in 2015 doesn't have a smartphone? Come on, dude.

Tell me what I need it for.
BeefAg_00~
quote:
quote:

Do you still use a blackberry?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just convenient having gps, calendar, calculator, email, phone, camera, music, internet, texags, and basically everything on one device.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just put in my request for next Thursday and Friday off.

Still had three personal days to kill before the end of the year.

O/U on the times I watch the movie in that 4-day span is set at 3.5.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

I swear I like this chick more every day.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.facebook.com/ChildrensLA/videos/10153640143715673/
wanewman
For those of you wanting to know how that Star Destroyer on Jakku got there, read the book "Lost Stars". I doubt Force Awakens will reveal much if any of the backstory, but the book was very good. It covers two characters who were intertwined between major events of the Original Trilogy and gives a few details about the "Battle of Jakku".

http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Star-Wars-Force-Awakens/dp/1484724984

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting. Only opening in 3,900 theaters. (10 movies have opened wider this year alone.)

Guess they're not really making a push to break the opening weekend record?

Or maybe they're trying to maximize sellouts? They do have a tendency to create artificial demand for their movies by limiting bluray releases, so who knows.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
As noted above, when Jurassic World broke the record this year, it did so with a $48,855 per-screen-average. A similar p.s.a. for The Force Awakens on 3,900 screens would give it a $191 million opening weekend. For Star Wars: The Force Awakens to open with $208.9 million (just over the $208.8m debut for Jurassic World), it would have to earn a whopping $53,565 per-screen-average next weekend.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/12/11/box-office-star-wars-the-force-awakens-breaking-the-opening-weekend-record-just-got-less-likely/
TCTTS
AG
^ I've been reading Scott Mendelson for years, and he has to have one of the creepiest profile pics ever...

TCTTS
AG
Hmmm...

Legal Custodian
AG
quote:
quote:
The first time we saw that downed Star Destroyer, I knew we had to see the thing crash into the planet.

We will see that, at least. Book it.
i disagree. particularly with the JJ quote about not having to give the audience everything. Let them fill in the gaps in their own mind, etc.
And I love that. It brings to mind when Kenobi was talking about the Clone Wars in A New Hope. He just briefly mentions it and lets the audience paint it in their minds what that was about. I hate it when movies try to explain every little detail to you.
birdman
I like not knowing all the facts. No need to hold our hand and explain everything. I don't think Abrams does this at all in Force Awakens.

Plus Disney has stated they will be making one off movies, like Rogue One. If you leave blank canvas, they can come back 10 years from now and make singular movie about Battle of Jakku.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
quote:
THE MUSIC!!!

A small clip from 60 minutes of J-Will conducting the symphony doing the soundtrack.
I would definitely record 60 Minutes this weekend. I remember them debuting a ton of new footage in their interview with Lucas for The Phantom Menace back in '99. Granted, that was 16 years ago, but still. There will no doubt be a new shot or two during JJ's segment on Sunday, if not an extended sequence of some sort.
mwp02ag
AG
Anyone have the link to or the page # with the link to the torrent of the color corrected of the originals?

TIA
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI...

So, basically, late Tuesday night. That said, the first press screenings are Monday night, and thoughts/impressions will no doubt start to leak then. Either way, it's going to be insanely hard to avoid reviews all day WednesdayThursday...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

Lightweight. I saw TPM 3 times the day it came out.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

What crime did you commit to deserve such a fate?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

What crime did you commit to deserve such a fate?

AgMarauder04
AG
Is that when it's lifted and we can expect to see them?
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, exactly.
jr15aggie
AG
No way I'm reading a single review. Even if they don't talk specific details, I want zero influence going into the movie about anything. I want to go in at 7 on Thursday knowing nothing JJ didn't allow me to see.
Legal Custodian
AG
A guy on reddit posted this pic saying he works at a theatre and that just came in.

Donald Glover
AG
O crap
The Collective
AG
6 trailers?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It moved.
h1ag
AG
I don't know how the trailer assignment process normally works, but i have to imagine that producers were tripping over their own ****s to get shown before this movie.
First Page Last Page
Page 305 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.