Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,211 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
Malachi Constant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I came here to post that article and of course TC had already posted it
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Nice little EW article on Maz Kanata. They have another one coming about Snoke later today...

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/12/star-wars-force-awakens-lupita-nyongo-maz-kanata
While I enjoyed the read, I'm more interested in the article on Snoke. We know almost nothing on him past his name and title.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Isn't that the running gag in that show? I barely remember the first season, but didn't that happen once before?

Perhaps. If it is like Boy Meets World, there was generally a major conflict about once per season on that show between Savage and his friend.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I came here to post that article and of course TC had already posted it
TC does not sleep, he waits.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
"That's Maz," says director J.J. Abrams. Although we don't know who she's addressing directly in this narration, the footage focuses heavily on Daisy Ridley's Rey. It actually reveals a lot more about Maz than we realize.

Her eyes have special meaning and power. "I had some specific ideas about how she would work and what she would do," Abrams says. "I had this pitch about these goggles that she wore. Her eyes are an important aspect of her character, and you'll see how it plays out."
Any thoughts on the importance of Maz's eyes?

What if she's the same species (or similar) as Yoda? Maybe they gave her very similar eyes and didn't want it to be too obvious.
jabberwalkie09
AG
She's the SWU Cyclops.
TCTTS
AG
Rumor is, Maz is the one who initiates the big, yet-to-be-revealed flashback scene. Not just for the audience, but for the characters as well. So I imagine her eyes have something to do with that? Maybe she can show them whatever she's seen? Or she can "record" what other people have seen and show them that? Maybe she even uses Han as a conduit?
R0GUE
AG
quote:
New leaked toy!

They combined Yoda, Mr Miyagi, AND Kermit into one being. Impressive!
jabberwalkie09
AG
BTW, I hope the flashback scene in TFA is better than it was in the Star Trek '09 film when Spock mind melded with JJ-verse Kirk.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
She used the special "eyes " to "see" in a specific light spectrum. None of thus hokey sensing with the force.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No early press screenings.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GET FORCE!

(Japan)

And in Singapore...
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
No early press screenings.
Meh
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Daniel Fleetwood is being cremated and placed in an urn that is a replica of Vader's lightsaber.

That is legit.
Texaggie7nine
What are the chances that I will be able to make it to my Saturday showtime before hearing the spoilers?
7nine
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
To mark 35 days until TFA, I present my most prized Star Wars-related possession, the Ralph McQuarrie portfolio that was released after the Empire Strikes Back came out. I was in Portland, OR for a friend's wedding in 2002, and spent an entire day at the remarkable Powell's bookstore, which has 60,000+ square feet inside. I happened across the portfolio while browsing and blew my entire meal budget for the 3-day vacation on buying it. Always have meant to get a couple of them framed, but have never gotten around to it.

Anyway, enjoy fellow nerds.

Cover

Rebel Hangar on Hoth

Rebels in the trenches on Hoth

Luke healing in the bacta tank, watched by Han & Leia

Luke's X-wing on Dagobah

AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
What are the chances that I will be able to make it to my Saturday showtime before hearing the spoilers?
This thread is open for spoilers and plot discussion once the first premiere has been seen, so I would stay clear.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If you stay on social media, none. I'm going to the first showing on Thursday night and will still be avoiding all social media starting the 15th.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Always loved those.
GCRanger
AG
quote:
Daniel Fleetwood is being cremated and placed in an urn that is a replica of Vader's lightsaber.

That is going to be one big lightsaber if they are putting all his cremated remains in it. Cremated remains take up more space than one would expect. I assume just some will go into a normal size lightsaber. Not that any of this matters just interesting.

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
The new Han Solo costume has some similarity to what Ford wore as Indiana Jones ...
AliasMan02
AG
But with code cylinders instead of a whip. Information is the real weapon.
TCTTS
AG
Here's the EW Snoke article. Obviously not a whole lot of info revealed, but there are definitely some morsels to chew on...

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/12/star-wars-andy-serkis-supreme-leader-snoke
TCTTS
AG
The Collective
AG
quote:
Either way, if you really want to avoid spoilers for The Force Awakens, it seems that the best bet will be to bury your head firmly in the sand and avoid the Internet between December 16th and the date of your first screening.

I can't do it, Ben.

Let's make this thread a safe place for those going on opening night here in the U.S. Band with me, and let this thread remain as a place for those of us who are suffering our way through those final hours. We can cover our eyes/ears and continue to make incorrect speculation about what has already been released elsewhere. #NerdLivesMatter
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty sure this thread will be safe until opening night (17th). Anybody that post here live in the UK, France, Arab Emirates, etc?
The Collective
AG
scubasteve304
AG
quote:
You know your obsession with something is unhealthy when you no longer enjoy or appreciate anything about that which you obsess over.
So...Aggie Football.
The Collective
AG
What if Luke hit it after he found out and was like... might as well and I'll just tell her later. It could happen.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

You joke, but what if Snoke or someone else had their DNA and artificially created their offspring?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
"No, no," the actor says. "The scale of him, for instance, is one reason. He is large. He appears tall. And also just the facial design you couldn't have gotten there with prosthetics. It's too extreme. Without giving too much away at this point, he has a very distinctive, idiosyncratic bone structure and facial structure. You could never have done it [in real life.]"
Plagueis confirmed!
TCTTS
AG
We should for sure create a spoiler review thread probably the weekend before it premieres. First reactions (along with legit spoilers) will probably start hitting that Tuesday, the 15th.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This is the most excited I've been for an Andy Serkis role since 13 going on 30.
First Page Last Page
Page 256 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.