Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,901 Views | 43963 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by maroon barchetta
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This photo makes it seem like the lightsaber is MORE than just somehting Finn picks up to defend himself.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Muir, who crafted the original Vader helmet for A New Hope, has announced he has started work on Rogue One

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/11/original-darth-vader-sculptor-begins-work-on-star-wars-rogue-one/
TCTTS
AG
http://makingstarwars.net/2015/11/original-darth-vader-sculptor-begins-work-on-star-wars-rogue-one/
TCTTS
AG
Ha, damn it, beat me to it!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Ha, damn it, beat me to it!
Your powers are weak, old man.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
For Day 37 until TFA, I present this photo of myself from Halloween 1983, rocking my Boba Fett mask before getting all the way dressed up for candy time.

I know you're thinking, OMG, is that a 9 year old kid or is that a guy wearing Mandalorian combat armor? The costume, purchased from our local TG&Y, was pretty amazing.

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
501st visited Daniel a few days before he passed.

http://imgur.com/a/QG8tM

I didn't know he passed... I'm so happy he got to see the movie. I know it seems like such an easy decision, but I'm sure there were a ton of hoops to jump through to pull it off... God bless JJ, Lucas and everyone else who made it happen in time.

What is 501st?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
What is 501st?
http://www.501st.com/

From the about page:
"...The Legion is an all-volunteer organization formed for the express purpose of bringing together costume enthusiasts under a collective identity within which to operate. The Legion seeks to promote interest in Star Wars through the building and wearing of quality costumes, and to facilitate the use of these costumes for Star Wars-related events as well as contributions to the local community through costumed charity and volunteer work..."

To Promote Interest in Star Wars
While a growing number of people are experiencing a reawakening of their Star Wars fandom, new generations are seeking ways to celebrate their passion for George Lucas's modern mythology. The 501st Legion brings these fans together, reinforcing the enduring longevity of the Star Wars saga.
To Facilitate the Use of Costumes
Some fans are content to collect action figures...other fans want to be action figures. Nothing professes your passion quite like building your own detailed costume replica of a classic Star Wars villain, and there's nothing quite like the feeling that comes from bringing the characters of Star Wars into the real world and sharing the magic with others.
To Contribute
While our organization was founded to simply provide a collective identity for costuming fans with similar interests, the 501st is proud to put its resources to good use through fundraising, charity work, and volunteerism. Read more about our charity work here.

Sex Panther
AG
Cool, thanks...

Awesome stuff right there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's really disappointing 501st members won't get to attend the movie on opening night in full costume.
The Collective
AG
quote:
It's really disappointing 501st members won't get to attend the movie on opening night in full costume.

As long as we can keep this wizard out of the theater:
Cyprian
AG
That looks like a good wizard

For me to poop on
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Neat story. Those pics from the link were both happy and sad. Seeing his beautiful wife and somebody who looked to be his mother / mother in law in the background of some of those pics... those that were left behind with heavy hearts. T&P, and thanks to "Star Wars" for making his last day good ones!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Which button calls your mom to come pick you up?

By far, Triumph's best bit. It would be amazing if he does this for TFA.
The Collective
AG
Yep. Triumph's Star Wars bit is the best, but the Bon Jovi one is a close second. The only point where I felt embarrassed for these folks is when they showed them acting out scenes from The Phantom Menace.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Damnit, forgot to change the oil again.

jabberwalkie09
AG
Neither your insurance or warranty is going to cover that. Time to call the junker and part it out.
jr15aggie
AG
"Look at this one!"

Triumphs best line ever... so much win!!!

Edit: "Here's a spoiler... you will die alone!" That was pretty money too!
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
So was Finn not in that Tie Fighter? it looks like he is running up to it.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Makes you wonder if perhaps he escapes with someone else. We don't believe Finn is a pilot, right?
lunchbox
Just interesting to see the panels of the "wings" are a meshy material. I had always wondered...
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

Makes you wonder if perhaps he escapes with someone else. We don't believe Finn is a pilot, right?
Maybe he's "falling in style."
TCTTS
AG
Poe.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That'll buff right out.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
ejection seat?
MSCAg
AG
quote:

They're talking about LEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JENKINS, which now that I think about it, probably is my favorite YouTube clip ever as well.

The irony is that Jenkins wasn't the reason they got slaughtered.

http://toogam.bespin.org/wow/leeroyjn/leerygrp.htm
MSFC Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
What is 501st?
http://www.501st.com/

From the about page:
"...The Legion is an all-volunteer organization formed for the express purpose of bringing together costume enthusiasts under a collective identity within which to operate. The Legion seeks to promote interest in Star Wars through the building and wearing of quality costumes, and to facilitate the use of these costumes for Star Wars-related events as well as contributions to the local community through costumed charity and volunteer work..."

To Promote Interest in Star Wars
While a growing number of people are experiencing a reawakening of their Star Wars fandom, new generations are seeking ways to celebrate their passion for George Lucas's modern mythology. The 501st Legion brings these fans together, reinforcing the enduring longevity of the Star Wars saga.
To Facilitate the Use of Costumes
Some fans are content to collect action figures...other fans want to be action figures. Nothing professes your passion quite like building your own detailed costume replica of a classic Star Wars villain, and there's nothing quite like the feeling that comes from bringing the characters of Star Wars into the real world and sharing the magic with others.
To Contribute
While our organization was founded to simply provide a collective identity for costuming fans with similar interests, the 501st is proud to put its resources to good use through fundraising, charity work, and volunteerism. Read more about our charity work here.

My oldest had a birthday party at the Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, AL....it was Star Wars themed. Just so happens the 501st were doing something at the Center that weekend. Vader and a couple of Stormtroopers dropped by and took pictures with all the kids. Not sure who was more excited....my son or me.
who?mikejones
AG
quote:

Went to HS with Daniel. Weren't great friends but he was a good guy. So sad to see him go.
The Collective
AG
The Disney Channel is advertising a sneak preview of TFA at 730 on Friday during Girl Meets World. Not real sure what they will be showing.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
The Disney Channel is advertising a sneak preview of TFA at 730 on Friday during Girl Meets World. Not real sure what they will be showing.
My girls record that show already... looks like Dad will have to take a peek!
The Collective
AG
quote:
My girls record that show already... looks like Dad will have to take a peek!

How's Topanga doing these days?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Is Mr. Feeny still around?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Is Mr. Feeny still around?

Cory is the new Feeny.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Stupid....

AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Stupid....

Agreed. It's mediocre at best, but im probably not the target audience.
First Page Last Page
Page 251 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.