Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,885,721 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/11/star-wars-the-force-awakens-finn-banner-revealed/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Awesome. Glad he got to see it.
jbsj9698
AG
International Trailer

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Lucasfilm has shown Daniel Fleetwood (terminal cancer patient) a cut of Force Awakens.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/daniel-fleetwood-terminal-cancer-patient-gets-220240212.html

Good bull.
I know it makes me a terrible person but I can't be the only person who thought about this.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Holy. ****.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Love this shot
twilly
AG
Wow
Urban Ag
AG
So the above trailer, I guess that confirms that BB-8 is sent to Rey, by someone......

Or she just stumbled across a perfectly good droid that followed her home like a puppy
TheDoctor
AG
The shot of the TIE fighters against a setting sun in the international trailer was. So. Damn. Beautiful.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TheDoctor
AG
wangus12
AG
I always knew BB-8 would be the true main character. A droid and his journey home.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Love this shot
http://i.imgur.com/ncgBkiP.jpg

I love how raw that blade is.
twilly
AG
quote:
http://i.imgur.com/DlTIV3zh.jpg
It's almost like i can hear Wagner in the background.

"Romeo Foxtrot, shall we dance."
jr15aggie
AG
Holy Toledo!!! I now have a new trailer that I have to watch over, and over, and over again.

That trailer totally gave away more than anything else we've seen which is sorta unfortunate. The whole "waiting on my family" answers some things that we assumed about Rey.

And I think it's safe to say that BB-8 is very much like R2... he's the little droid that sees EVERYTHING from the beginning (no doubt he's with Poe at the beginning and is alone when Poe is captured). The little droid that knows it all and just innocently rolls around bleeping & blooping. I love it!

The most telling shot is of Kylo threatening Rey. Safe assumption that shot is from the 2nd act of the movie and we've seen shots of Solo, Finn, & Chewy at that same location without Rey... so is she taken captive in this scene or does Kylo have to flee when the Resistance shows up with their X-Wings.

Hype level at maximum!!!!!
jabberwalkie09
AG

"Hope is not lost today. It is found."

Oh and I have a new plan: don't piss off the Wookie who has explosives.
vwbug
When Rey is crying at the end - that looks like Finn's jacket. I know I've heard some say it was chewy or Han, but that looks like Finn's jacket on the left side of the screen.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
When Rey is crying at the end - that looks like Finn's jacket. I know I've heard some say it was chewy or Han, but that looks like Finn's jacket on the left side of the screen.
He probably gets his a$$ kicked by Kylo in the snow scene... if the dude is keeping it real Star Wars style he will probably be missing an arm/hand/etc. I wonder who could possibly save them.......
jr15aggie
AG
One of the more telling things about this trailer (it gave away too much IMO) is the "I don't know your name" and introductions on the Falcon. Very telling that they meet on the planet and it all happens very quickly at that point... being attacked and then rescued by Han in the Falcon.

There is a reason Poe is on Jakku in the 1st scene of the movie and gets captured by Kylo. There is a reason Kylo is there too. And I believe there is a reason Han & Chewy are there and that is to get Rey (Finn is the one who gets swept up in all this by luck having just met Rey... but there is no such thing as luck with the Force).

I gave my personal theory on all this in detail several pages back. That's how I imagine things going down and right now I'm sticking to it.
TCTTS
AG
Yep, looks like the Rey-waiting-on-her-family rumors were true, which potentially plays into her not wanting to leave Jakku, but ultimately having to sacrifice that to save Finn. If they go with that dynamic, like I said earlier, I love that juxtaposition from the original movie. All Luke wanted to do is leave his desert planet, and all Rey wants to do is stay on hers. She's definitely a reluctant hero here.
TCTTS
AG
Great trailer, btw, and this much new footage is an unexpected surprise, but I don't think anything will compare to the domestic version. This one lacks the graceful flow of that one, and the music here is a bit more generic. Still, this movie somehow looks better with each new reveal, and I can't remember the last time that happened.
jr15aggie
AG
This isn't significant, but there is blurry image on a Resistance officer standing next to Leia in that one shot... I immediately thought it looked like this guy who was in X-Men Last Stand (Ken Leung):

Looking him up, he is indeed in Force Awakens. Probably a small role as an officer of the Reistance. No idea how I recognized him in a blurry shot, but I knew right away who it was.
dave94
AG
The opening shot of Rey standing in the destroyer engine is amazing. The whole sequence of her and BB hits the New Hope vibe so damn well.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Great trailer, btw, and this much new footage is an unexpected surprise, but I don't think anything will compare to the domestic version. This one lacks the graceful flow of that one, and the music here is a bit more generic. Still, this movie somehow looks better with each new reveal, and I can't remember the last time that happened.

I think this one felt more like an "epic journey" type film.
jr15aggie
AG
Wilhelm Scream found at the 1:20 mark... very subtle but it's there. LOL, JJ holding nothing back when it comes to giving us an old fashioned Star Wars movie!
wangus12
AG

Protect the boob!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:

Protect the boob!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

quote:
this guy who was in X-Men Last Stand (Ken Leung):

You must be Brett Ratner, because no one else on this planet would ever reference X-Men Last Stand.

Ken Leung is Miles from Lost!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think this may have been the better trailer, though the music was much better in our version. Somebody should combine the two.
amercer
AG
I kind of don't want to watch it because I don't want to know more. But I'm totally going to watch it later...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Korean poster:
jabberwalkie09
AG
LOL I like that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I don't GAS about any other movie except this movie.
If my choice was watching all future Batman/Superman, Avenger-related movies, and the sequel to ID4 right now, or watch the first 5 minutes of TFA, I'd take TFA without blinking an eye.

FU, Star Wars for destroying another day of work for me.
First Page Last Page
Page 245 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.