Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,527 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Luke's throne room jacket is baller as ****.
SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You're right, that is better. Fantastic.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Similar to the one that BES posted earlier, I think this one is better. Trailer supercut.

jr15aggie
AG
I hadn't thought much about it, but I bet you're right that Poe gets captures in that first scene. We've seen two shots of him around an X-Wing at night with a gun in his hand. Probably the same night raid scene at the beginning. He gets captured and he and Finn later escape together in the tie. Crash land on Jakku and do the C3PO and R2 thing... That way is much to rocky... This way looks much easier.

Except when Poe encounters jawas shortly after he kicks all their asses and steals the small ship they got in their mobile Jawa fortress and flies away.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
All that Kylo/Phasma village scene is the opening scene on Jakku, right? Finn is there, he freaks out later in orbit, rescues Poe, steals a tie, shoots up the hanger, gets shot by the Star Destroyer, and crashes on Jakku.

I think that Luke/R2 scene is Jakku after the opening scene attack. Perhaps the whole point of the raid is the First Order attempting to capture Luke.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I think that Luke/R2 scene is Jakku after the opening scene attack. Perhaps the whole point of the raid is the First Order attempting to capture Luke.

Most of us assume that is Luke in a flashback... We heard the rumors about flashbacks a long time ago. Perhaps we have been led astray or are jumping to conclusions. Would be completely awesome if that was Luke... They don't show us anything after the bad guys leave... Just a cloaked figure with R2... And then the hand to give it away (with some familiar music playing). We all instantly know and wonder why his hand is exposed.

Would be awesome. Luke doing the Obi Wan thing keeping an eye out from a distance. Keeping tabs on Rey maybe? Who knows. So many awesome possibilities!
TCTTS
AG
I think you're spot on. In fact, based on my earlier post, I'm guessing (and again, just guessing)...

Village raid / Kylo searching for something of importance:

Finn freaks out after the village raid when something horrific goes down:

Mission accomplished, they head back to the Star Destroyer:

Poe, in a sequence we haven't seen yet, somehow gets captured (potentially the opening scene) and then interrogated:

Then, either only Finn, or both Finn and Poe, escape the Star Destroyer:

Finn gets shot down, crashes:

Finn wanders (w/ Poe's jacket in hand) upon the Jakku outpost that Rey inhabits:

And again, I think that entire sequence of events is likely intercut with Rey on Jakku as we see her scavenge / daily life:

InnerCityAg
quote:
quote:
Total thread derail question from an amateur, but I don't want to start a new thread for a topic that's already being actively discussed...

I'm the guy that loved SW as a kid, saw the first prequel in theaters in my early teens, and that caused me to exit that world completely. Didn't see any of the other prequels in their entirety (and won't), and haven't watched the originals since I was really young.

But seeing the new trailer got me interested again, which brings me to my question: Is there ANY way to watch the old movies unaltered anymore? Can I send cash to some bootlegger or something?
That is OK. There never were any prequels. Disney is going to get to movies 1-3 after completing 7-9!

"Reboot"*

*of 1-3 only
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good stuff.

Finn is definitely pulling the Chewie prisoner routine with Poe before they make their escape.

Also, I bet Poe knows where Luke is and that's why Kylo is torturing him.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Trailer up to 31 million views in under 48 hours.

And Muck and I are only responsible for half of them.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I love the idea of Finn pulling the Chewie prisoner routine with Poe. Hadn't thought of that.

As for Kylo interrogating Poe, my gut says it's more in regards to the whereabout of Luke's lightsaber than it is Luke himself. I don't think anyone knows where Luke is, though I could be completely wrong.
jr15aggie
AG
Good visual post TCTTS! That's exactly how I see it which is somewhat unfortunate. Feels like I know too much even though I technically know nothing.

I just can't help but wonder if that really is Luke in the first scene though. We've all been led to believe he won't be around until the end (and lack of him in trailers and poster reinforces that). But what if he's there in cloaked form in scene 1!? We obviously wont see his face... Just the hand, a feeling of his sadness, and R2. We get subtle hints he's watching from a short distance the entire movie. And then, at what we assume is the end when Kylo has our hero's in a bad spot, Luke finally steps in! That would be a completely awesome way to give Luke that wise and bad ass Jedi feel the entire movie even if we barely see him.

I'm starting to think something like this is very possible and the rumors of flashback scenes are rubbish. Glad I don't really know... Is it time to line up yet!? Excited!
TCTTS
AG
quote:
All that Kylo/Phasma village scene is the opening scene on Jakku, right? Finn is there, he freaks out later in orbit, rescues Poe, steals a tie, shoots up the hanger, gets shot by the Star Destroyer, and crashes on Jakku.

Re: the village raid scene being on Jakku, that's exactly what I'm thinking. Has to be.

As for Luke/R2, yeah, as stated earlier, I'm pretty sure that's a flashback, though I hadn't considered the idea of Luke actually being on Jakku to open the movie. That could be pretty cool.
TCTTS
AG
Was posting at the same time as you, jr15. I really do think we might be on to something with this idea. Luke is there on Jakku for whatever reason and cloaked the entire time, our only clue as to his identity being the robotic hand (and R2)...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First shot of the movie: camera pans up to the Star Destroyer passing overhead, heading towards Jakku.

Nerd tears flow freely.
YellowPot_97
AG
I know nothing of the film, on purpose. I predict force ghost Yoda.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Was posting at the same time as you, jr15. I really do think we might be on to something with this idea. Luke is there on Jakku for whatever reason and cloaked the entire time, our only clue as to his identity being the robotic hand (and R2)...

OK everybody stop... Too much time between now and then and I'm getting more and more excited as we talk about this. I'm nerding out man!

Somewhere JJ is smiling at some of this stuff that he baited us with that is wrong. He's all, "sweet, that flashback rumor I leaked is really throwing them off!"

We may be on to you yet JJ! Just make sure the truth isn't confirmed until it's showtime!
AgMarauder04
AG
I don't think Luke shows up to save Finn when he gets his arse kicked by Kylo. I bet that it's REY who steps in and feels the force for the first time, and somehow manages to allow her and Finn to bolt. Then they go FIND Luke.

Luke just stepping in to save Finn seems a bit on the nose.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed.
SeattleAgJr
TCTTS
AG
Some of us have been going at this for almost two years. We're experienced marathon runners. Don't worry about us.
TCTTS
AG
Besides, I can confidently say I don't need to see any more footage, nor do I need to learn any more about the plot. In fact, I'm still shocked at how little we know of the plot this late in the game. There are more characters we haven't seen than seen, and we haven't even been shown a single frame of massive chunks of the movie. Two months out, with the final trailer now released, I feel good just coasting to December. It's still fun to speculate here and there, but my planned movie-a-week re-watch of the first six movies will be more than enough to tide me over.
jr15aggie
AG
It's true. Of all the main characters (as shown in that first round table cast shot... Man that feels like yesterday), there is one (Hux) that's in none of the trailers and we've seen maybe 2 official photos of. There are 3 other characters we've literally seen no official footage or face shots of (Skywalker, Serkis, and Sydows mystery character).

We know so much and so little.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
We know so much and so little.
I'd imagine that this is JJ:

IMO this is very, very good. It means that the journey in the movie will be just all that much more special.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And this is Lucasfilm/Disney:

SUPAGGIE
quote:
http://i.imgur.com/OltC9IX.jpg

Stay? You have a time machine! Hello? Hello? Anybody home? Huh? Think, McFly.

That makes about as much sense as a screen door on a battleship.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
I don't think Luke shows up to save Finn when he gets his arse kicked by Kylo. I bet that it's REY who steps in and feels the force for the first time, and somehow manages to allow her and Finn to bolt. Then they go FIND Luke.

if we are looking at a parallel to Star Wars, don't overlook the possibility that Poe comes to save them.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

if we are looking at a parallel to Star Wars, don't overlook the possibility that Poe comes to save them.

I won't, but I don't think we are going to get THAT much of a mirror.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
Rebels is good. Especially the series opener and season 1 conclusion. There are other important ones too.

Don't remember which episode it is, but the scene where Kanaan reveals who is was awesome.

It's a great series about new characters with some familiar faces every now then, and the best part is that it feels like Star Wars.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Apparently the Fifth Brother's design was inspired by unused artwork generated for TFA.
YouBet
AG
I just bought tickets to the 9:40 am showing at IMAX on Dec. 20. My wife is going to love it when she wakes up to that appointment in her inbox tomorrow morning.
mazag08
AG
Pulled this from the youtube comments. I seriously doubt they would go this route, but it's an interesting scenario..

Episode 1: Maul kills Qui Gon
Episode 4: Vader kills Obi Wan
Episode 7: Kylo kills Luke
Buck Compton
AG
And after skipping TCTTS' post and a few others, this where I bow out for spoilers. Y'all seem to be TRYING to figure out the plot of the movie in advance (after complaining that most trailers give too much stuff away). No complaints, but I'm out. Prefer to have everything (even opening scenes) be a surprise. Have fun!
First Page Last Page
Page 225 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.