Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,747 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Anthology should be war films. Good Gawd, Michael Stackpole GAVE them so much amazing stories to use in the Rogue and Wraith Squadron books!!
Exactly! I want to see Kell Tainer (Chris Hemsworth) and Garik "Face" Loran (Ryan Reynolds) for sure
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Outside of Rogue One - which looks and sounds amazing - I'm really starting to worry about the other spin-offs in general. A young Han Solo movie is a disaster waiting to happen, and this sounds even worse. Boba Fett looks cool and that's it. Otherwise, he's boring as sh*t. I don't want to see the Temuera Morrison version, and I definitely don't want to see not-Boba-Fett Boba Fett. Lucas ruined the character in the prequels. Just leave him in for dead in the damn pit.

The Boba fett from the Christmas special was a pretty cool character that I would love to see more of.

A Lucas young Han solo movie would certainly suck.
A sorkin/Fichtner early 20s Han solo movie would be awesome.
SeattleAgJr
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Outside of Rogue One - which looks and sounds amazing - I'm really starting to worry about the other spin-offs in general. A young Han Solo movie is a disaster waiting to happen, and this sounds even worse. Boba Fett looks cool and that's it. Otherwise, he's boring as sh*t. I don't want to see the Temuera Morrison version, and I definitely don't want to see not-Boba-Fett Boba Fett. Lucas ruined the character in the prequels. Just leave him in for dead in the damn pit.

The Boba fett from the Christmas special was a pretty cool character that I would love to see more of.

A Lucas young Han solo movie would certainly suck.
A sorkin/Fichtner early 20s Han solo movie would be awesome.

But what if he is black?

Would that make it interesting?
There is already the Boba/Black debate in the other thread... let's leave it alone here please!!!

But I pretty much agree that they need to be really careful with all these spin-off movies. There are gonna be so many friggin books that they can do whatever they want with these characters... we don't have to have it on screen. I'm pretty sure that by the time we see Episodes VII, VII, and IX we will be saturated by that and all the other stuff. The original cast will no longer be in any upcoming movies and the franchise will definitely have peaked at that point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Over-saturation is definitely something I'm worried about.

With Marvel, you don't risk that as much because there are so many well-known characters that have their separate franchises.

With Star Wars, we've only ever had the main saga. Once they start churning out spinoff after spinoff of relatively unknown or new characters, it's hard to believe the general public will stay onboard for long as they have with Marvel.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Over-saturation is definitely something I'm worried about.

With Marvel, you don't risk that as much because there are so many well-known characters that have their separate franchises.

With Star Wars, we've only ever had the main saga. Once they start churning out spinoff after spinoff of relatively unknown or new characters, it's hard to believe the general public will stay onboard for long as they have with Marvel.
How many average movie goers & tv watchers knew who the Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Fist, Agent 13, Ant Man, Jessica Jones, etc were before the movies & TV shows were made? Sure we all knew Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hulk, and Spider Man, but outside of those everyone else is little known.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good point. Iron Man being a smash hit really had a major impact for them.

I suppose if Rogue One turns out really good and is a big box office hit, hopefully it's a good sign for the future.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
66 days to go. I give you the best scene in the PT.

wangus12
AG
quote:
There are gonna be so many friggin books that they can do whatever they want with these characters... we don't have to have it on screen.
But how much of the general public reads anymore. Hell the younger generation can barely read. I've seen teacher-girlfriend's homework reports
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
There are gonna be so many friggin books that they can do whatever they want with these characters... we don't have to have it on screen.
But how much of the general public reads anymore. Hell the younger generation can barely read. I've seen teacher-girlfriend's homework reports

I guess so. Truth is Disney is gonna do what sells. Not because they are evil, but because if there are millions of people wanting to pay to see it, why not do it. I personally have little to no desire to read any of the books (I read Aftermath and that was a mistake)... I also currently have next to no interest in Rogue One. No doubt I'll probably see every Star Wars movie they put out in the next 4-6 years, but I don't think it will be long before I reach my saturation point with the annual SW movie (but I'll be massively hyped for every numbered "saga" release).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I also currently have next to no interest in Rogue One. No doubt I'll probably see every Star Wars movie they put out in the next 4-6 years, but I don't think it will be long before I reach my saturation point with the annual SW movie (but I'll be massively hyped for every numbered "saga" release).
This is exactly how I'm thinking most of the general population feels.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
I also currently have next to no interest in Rogue One. No doubt I'll probably see every Star Wars movie they put out in the next 4-6 years, but I don't think it will be long before I reach my saturation point with the annual SW movie (but I'll be massively hyped for every numbered "saga" release).
I think a lot of it will depend on how good or bad TFA is. If its a blockbuster hit then the general public will eat up anything SW puts out like they do marvel.
The Collective
AG
quote:

This is how I feel, and I am someone who cares enough to read/follow this thread.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Actually, I'm pretty excited for a Star Wars film with a different tone. So I'm actually looking forward to Rogue One.
Urban Ag
AG
The material for the movies is without limit. It all just boils down to what Disney ultimately wants to make of it. If they can tapping the most brilliant and imaginative writers, directors, etc to be involved in the projects they shouldn't have trouble producing a quality product.

It would be awesome to see the film franchise turn into something that the most elite among the hollywood crowd line up to get their turn to take a crack at.

As an aside, one of my nerdy hopes was that someday they would have a movie taking place during the Clone Wars that eerily resembled Saving Private Ryan. A huge, bloody, almost disturbingly violent battle scene to open with then a Jedi leading a small, elite, force of clones on a mission with very small odds for success.

The possibilities are endless.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
66 days to go. I give you the best scene in the PT.

Proof that every Jedi except Yoda was a fraud when it came to really knowing the Force.
double aught
AG
Yeah, but that blue-green chick is pretty badass.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Mace of course.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Actually, I'm pretty excited for a Star Wars film with a different tone. So I'm actually looking forward to Rogue One.

I am sure i am alone in thus but, I am probably looking forward more to rogue one than I am to tfa.

With its clean sheet of characters and tangential story line, Rogue one with could go so many different ways with regards to tone, story and feel, it is the more exciting of the two.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We have a [rumored] runtime. 136 minutes.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
They should really allow a well rounded, non crazy fan sit down with JJ and give the current edit a couple viewings. They will know better than anybody if it works. I just so happen to be a non crazy fan!
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, if rumors pan out, we MIGHT be getting the next trailer a week from today...
TCTTS
AG
Idk3
AG
Did they mess that Tweet up? Did they mean to Say the Trailer for Rogue 1 will be attached to The Force Awakens? I maybe crazy, but pretty sure The Force Awakens is this December and Rogue 1 is next December. Just making sure.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
They should really allow a well rounded, non crazy fan sit down with JJ and give the current edit a couple viewings. They will know better than anybody if it works. I just so happen to be a non crazy fan!
Yeah, definitely couldn't let Muck near it
TCTTS
AG
He's being sarcastic. Poking fun at how overly secretive Abrams is being and the fact that we STILL don't have a trailer.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
And Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Mace of course.
All those dudes got killed by Sith.

Yoda died at his own house at age 900.

Scoreboard.
jr15aggie
AG
It really has been a LONG time since we had anything substantial. This trailer needs to hit next week (or whenever in October they are going to open ticket sales) or else the nerds are really gonna lose it! I consider myself pretty normal but even I'm getting a bit frustrated with the lack of anything new.

Give us the trailer now JJ! And then include a couple split second new shots mixed in with shots we've already seen for the TV spots next month and we'll be ready!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Obi-Wan was never killed.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yeah, definitely couldn't let Muck near it
Dude, I got to go to a presser once that Steven Spielberg was at and I didn't say one word about Indy; plus I interviewed Earl Campbell when I was 21 without being Chris Farley "Hey, remember that time you played for the Oilers? That was awesome." - I could totally sit quietly through the most anticipated movie since Return of the Jedi.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Is that Dack saving the Rebellion from Darth Vader by crashing onto him?

I'd like to know some background on Dack and why he got to be Luke's gunner. Was it like 2-on-2 pickem at a summer basketball camp and the crappiest guy is paired up with the best guy so it's an even competition? Because honestly, nice guy that Luke is, he still must have been thinking, "Hey, why is Michael Jordan being paired with Manute Bol here? They could have put a Jawa in the seat behind me and I'd have had as much luck."
Knife_Party
quote:
It really has been a LONG time since we had anything substantial. This trailer needs to hit next week (or whenever in October they are going to open ticket sales) or else the nerds are really gonna lose it! I consider myself pretty normal but even I'm getting a bit frustrated with the lack of anything new.

Give us the trailer now JJ! And then include a couple split second new shots mixed in with shots we've already seen for the TV spots next month and we'll be ready!

I wish I could lose it. I've waited so long for this time if they told me the trailer was coming out tomorrow I don't think I would be able to do more than give a half hearted "cool" in response.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:

Empire Strikes Back would have had a much different tone if they left this scene in.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:

I wish I could lose it. I've waited so long for this time if they told me the trailer was coming out tomorrow I don't think I would be able to do more than give a half hearted "cool" in response.
That's really weird. Does it really matter when a trailer comes out. I don't care if anyone doesn't come out at all. I'm ready to go see the actual movie.
First Page Last Page
Page 197 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.