Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,889,006 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
That lightsaber is blue??
Great point. It's blue on all the posters. Never noticed that.
Looks like the part where he was swinging off the barge and the artist decided to cover the rope with the lightsaber

dang, she was such a hot piece of tail back then. Damn.
AggieChemist
AG
Swung by wally world at lunch to pick up the LEGO Millenium Falcon for myself my son for Christmas.
Aggie_3
quote:
Swung by wally world at lunch to pick up the LEGO Millenium Falcon for myself my "son" for Christmas.

FIFY
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
In the teaser when it was still Revenge of the Jedi, the saber is blue, and they haven't done the effects yet on Ghosti-Wan Kenobi. Imagine seeing that in the theater and thinking HOLY SITH OBIWAN IS ALIVE!!! The saber is still blue in the 1982 theatrical trailer after they changed the name.

[url=https://youtu.be/MlDw3gHoSGM][/url]
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The official website just released a bunch of book covers for release on December 18. Of note is the the fact that Kylo Ren is front and center and the legend pointing to his saber reads "plasma saber". Also at top is Luke's blade but it only reads "Skywalker's lightsaber" Also a slightly different Han/Chewie pose. Han looks like he's about to start dancing like Elvis or something.

Buck Compton
AG
To be fair, it reads "Plasma blade", essentially describing what a light saber is... Same with how it's pointing out cargo holds or whatever on the falcon.
jr15aggie
AG
Wonder of this story is more about the redemption of Kylo (his pic has been front and center often) much like the old was redemption of Vader? One of the main themes of any numeric Star Wars movies has been the temptation of the dark side, so I doubt that changes here. Difference being that perhaps Kylo doesn't die like Vader and we get to see his turn and the ripple effects of his life after. Could be really cool.

And I still say that quarter staff is more than a quarter staff. Almost every pic and image of her shows her holding it. Considering Star Wars rebels showed the whole "find a crystal at the Jedi the temple" thing, so it's cannon... Would not be surprised if the staff is or contains an old lightsaber she salvaged, but she needs a crystal for it.

And tbat
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Perfect segway to day 83...

Also, happy 64th birthday to Mark Hamill.
Did Billy Dee Williams draw this poster? He's on it TWICE and he's billed above Anthony Daniels
Yeah about the only thing that could cluster that poster up more is if Benjamin Knox got involved.
It would need a big transparent American flag, and.a disproportionate sized rancor.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Wonder of this story is more about the redemption of Kylo (his pic has been front and center often) much like the old was redemption of Vader? One of the main themes of any numeric Star Wars movies has been the temptation of the dark side, so I doubt that changes here. Difference being that perhaps Kylo doesn't die like Vader and we get to see his turn and the ripple effects of his life after. Could be really cool.

And I still say that quarter staff is more than a quarter staff. Almost every pic and image of her shows her holding it. Considering Star Wars rebels showed the whole "find a crystal at the Jedi the temple" thing, so it's cannon... Would not be surprised if the staff is or contains an old lightsaber she salvaged, but she needs a crystal for it.

And tbat
I feel like Kylo Ren is turning into Darth Maul from TPM - he's everywhere, he's prominent in the trailer, but is he the real threat here? I feel like not. I know Driver is way out of the league of a stuntman like Ray Park, and I certainly dont expect to see him die here, but you don't employ Andy Serkis just for a wacky voice and some mo-cap stuff. That dude can be straight up pure evil on camera, I'm looking forward to seeing who he is (other than being named Snoke).

If there really are a "Knights of Ren", I would love there to be a scene near the end where it's revealed that Kylo Ren is just a scout, maybe one with a connection to other characters, but still just a scout of a larger organization - be a bit like the end of Predator II when Danny Glover finally kills the thing, only to have it revealed to him there are 10 others.

If there is a larger villain at play in charge of a true army of force users, well that would be pretty awesome, and maybe lead Luke to a real moral decision - does he try to fight them all or does he turn the sign around at his Jedi Academy from "Sorry We Missed You!" to "Open, Come on In" and start training up the potentials. That scenario reminds me of one of my favorite (albeit unfulfilled) moments on Lost, when jack goes to Ana Lucia following the first big-league confrontation with the Others and asks her, "How long would it take to train an army?"
Knife_Party
That could fit with the speculation about where Luke has been and what caused his disappearance (assuming that actually is part of the plot). He (maybe) uses his power as the Son of Skywalker to defeat the Empire but is overwhelemed by the destructive potential. He then takes off. But now a threat is out there that may cause him to have to flirt with the dark side again in order to defeat. Say what you will about Vader not trying, but Luke only takes the upper hand in their fight in ROTJ when he gives in to his anger. I'm really really really really ready for this movie to be here.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jr15aggie
AG
I was actually quite impressed with the blood moon. Didn't think much of it while the eclipse was happening... and then all of a sudden I started to see a red glowing ring that evolved into a glowing red moon. Very cool.
jeffk
AG
Too cloudy at my casa last night.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn, guess I went to bed too early. I went inside a few minutes after the moon was fully in shadow.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
i bet Rey's weapon is something we've never seen before, and something that is cobbled together of other weapons that a junker like herself would put together, not unlike Ezra's saber on Rebels. Maybe half of it is a close combat weapon and half of it is a projectile weapon? Looking forward to when she uses it, reminds me of Stark's "one off" weapon to kill all the drones in Ironman 2.
MSCAg
AG
quote:
That could fit with the speculation about where Luke has been and what caused his disappearance (assuming that actually is part of the plot). He (maybe) uses his power as the Son of Skywalker to defeat the Empire but is overwhelemed by the destructive potential. He then takes off. But now a threat is out there that may cause him to have to flirt with the dark side again in order to defeat. Say what you will about Vader not trying, but Luke only takes the upper hand in their fight in ROTJ when he gives in to his anger. I'm really really really really ready for this movie to be here.
That would be in the theme consistent with Anakin from the prequels and Clone Wars. Basically, the only times who could beat Ventress, Doku, etc. was when he gave in.
jeffk
AG
quote:
i bet Rey's weapon is something we've never seen before, and something that is cobbled together of other weapons that a junker like herself would put together, not unlike Ezra's saber on Rebels. Maybe half of it is a close combat weapon and half of it is a projectile weapon? Looking forward to when she uses it, reminds me of Stark's "one off" weapon to kill all the drones in Ironman 2.

IT'S A TRIDENT!!!

A LIGHTSABER TRIDENT!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My theory is that Rey's staff is the piece of trash Leia used to the wedge the trash compactor on the Death Star.
Aggie_3
That would be bad ass!!!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
My theory is that Rey's staff is the piece of trash Leia used to the wedge the trash compactor on the Death Star.
One thing's for sure, we're all going to be a lot thinner.
agracer
AG
quote:
How is this not on this thread yet?

360 VR speeder ride on Jakku
Cool, except that the Star Destroyer would have collapsed under its own weight under planet gravity.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:

Cool, except that the Star Destroyer would have collapsed under it's own weight under planet gravity.
Nerd science, grammar fail.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Cool, except that the Star Destroyer would have collapsed under its own weight under planet gravity.

Will look at this today, but you do realize those aren't made from steel and that Jakku likely does not have the same gravitational constant as earth, right? It's SciFi....
MGS
The start destroyers in AotC could handle a planet's gravity at the surface, why couldn't this one? Though I wonder about the speed of entry if it crashed from orbit.
Knife_Party
quote:
quote:
quote:

Will look at this today, but you do realize those aren't made from steel and that Jakku likely does not have the same gravitational constant as earth, right? It's SciFi....

Yep. Star destroyers are made from a durasteel alloy if I remember correctly. A star wars thread is probably not the place to have a "realism" discussion.
LeonardSkinner
quote:
Um. Maybe it's been brought up before, and I missed it, but what you're saying here sounds an awful lot like the Bladebuilder toys they're pushing. I figured it was just yet another way to make a buck, but what if it actually has meaning?
Ulrich
Star Destroyers have a very high midichlorian count, duh.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12
AG
Snip snap!
DartAg1970
AG
What I wish they would've done in any of the movies thus far is had more action sequences involving Darth Vader. Most of the time he is just walking around talking or force choking people.

I know we got a little bit from the prequels, but there is just something about an agile and highly skilled Darth Vader running around that would be so amazing to see.

I hope in Rogue One we get to see a little bit of this and how from the formation of the empire in episode 3 and the empire being a dominant force in the galaxy in episode 4 the empire is able to tighten its grip and force star systems to yield to the empire. I imagine Vader has a lot to do with that.
jabberwalkie09
AG
In the Rebels S2 premier he wasn't as mobile/agile as he was when he was Anakin in the PT. In the timeline of things, that was a few years prior to Rogue One. So, I'm kind of doubting that a Vader that is pretty agile is going to happen. I get the impression that he will be more of a slow moving, unstoppable force that over powers his enemies with both his skills with a lightsaber and with the force if he appears in Rogue One on the battlefield.
Duncan Idaho
I am probably alone on this but I prefer the idea that Vader is such a bad ass with the force that he doesn't need to be an agile swordsman.

I hated that they made Yoda a bad ass with a lightSaber in the prequels
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed on the first point.

Didn't mind seeing Yoda kick some ass though.
First Page Last Page
Page 189 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.