Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,887,189 Views | 43964 Replies | Last: 50 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248
AG
So what's the purpose of his helmet? Too look cool?
Dro07
AG
cuz emo doesn't scare?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Obviously.

But I'm guessing concealing his identity is his main objective. Oh, and probably to be more like Vader. If the rumors are true, he is a Sith worshipper/wannabe.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
So what's the purpose of his helmet? Too look cool?

Conceal his identity, I'm guessing.
redline248
AG
Do you think Luke has spent the last 30 years trying to find the good in everyone? Like if he ran into this upstart dark sider he'd try to turn him back instead of just kill him?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm thinking Luke spent the better part of the 30 years in exile, battling his own inner demons rather than rebuilding the Jedi Order. Maybe he put someone else in charge?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yeah forgive me because I have only watched the movies, but I always figured that Luke was going to have to have some serious internal issues with himself about the hatred he submitted to in order to defeat Vader.
Dro07
AG
quote:
but I always figured that Luke was going to have to have some serious internal issues with himself about the hatred he submitted to in order to defeat Vader.
But he never defeated Vader
redline248
AG
Who was Luke going to put in charge? He was told by Yoda to pass on the Jedi way. You think he goes "hey, Leia. You can use the force, so go build a new Jedi Order?"
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Well you understand my meaning.

And I'm not saying that he didn't rebuild it, but I think it would definitely be an issue in his life while he did it.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
To intimidate his enemies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
but I always figured that Luke was going to have to have some serious internal issues with himself about the hatred he submitted to in order to defeat Vader.
But he never defeated Vader
Sure he did. He just decided to spare his life.
redline248
AG
Technically, once Vader turned on the emperor he reverted back into Anakin and therefore Luke did defeat Vader in all meanings of the word.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I just wish shooting lightning out of your hands wasn't purely a dark side thing.
Dro07
AG
ur right he was mind ****ed by Luke and turned him to the right side of the force
jeffk
AG
Vader clearly called time out right after Luke de-handed him.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Whoop! Done.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Kinda look like he's squatting.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
"Who does number two work for!?!?!?"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn it now I'll see that every time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
"Work for, who does number two!?!?!?"
FIFY
Legal Custodian
AG
Looks awesome man!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks.

My roommate made it, not me. Going in my room though.
jbsj9698
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:"Work for, who does number two!?!?!?"
FIFY

wangus12
AG
In other thread
Keegan99
AG
Uh... Prolly wanna delete that and put it on the spoiler thread.
TCTTS
AG
Interesting...

http://www.latino-review.com/news/star-wars-star-wars-loves-joss

I wouldn't mind seeing Whedon on one of the anthology movies, as seems to potentially be the case, but I absolutely do not want him on Episode IX. I love his writing, and his action is pretty good, but man, his look/cinematography is so incredibly vanilla. Abrams and Johnson know how to shoot/move a camera, but Whedon's just not quite on their level in that regard.

That said, if Whedon were to take over this theoretical live action Star Wars TV show that keeps being hinted at, I can't think of a better fit. How cool would that be?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Interesting...

http://www.latino-review.com/news/star-wars-star-wars-loves-joss

I wouldn't mind seeing Whedon on one of the anthology movies, as seems to potentially be the case, but I absolutely do not want him on Episode IX. I love his writing, and his action is pretty good, but man, his look/cinematography is so incredibly vanilla. Abrams and Johnson know how to shoot/move a camera, but Whedon's just not quite on their level in that regard.

That said, if Whedon were to take over this theoretical live action Star Wars TV show that keeps being hinted at, I can't think of a better fit. How cool would that be?

That's basically what Firefly was, after all. I'm not sure I'd give him the keys to a long term project at this point, though. He seems to grow sour over time, these days.

I could see giving him an anthology film about Han Solo or some new band of misfit rogues.
TCTTS
AG
Whedon has been on the record as saying if he ever did Star Wars, he only wants to go forward / do something new. So I can't see him touching Boba Fett or Han.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Whedon has been on the record as saying if he ever did Star Wars, he only wants to go forward / do something new. So I can't see him touching Boba Fett or Han.

Which is fine. Create a new ship with personality and have a story about smugglers trying for a big score against whoever...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm just glad Star Wars is in the hands of Disney. What they've done with Marvel is incredible, and I know they'll put the right people in there that will steer this universe in the right direction.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Personally, I think he would fit better doing a live action TV show as opposed to an anthology film. I don't want him on Episode IX either, but I'm not so sure that I really want him on an anthology film either. I mean if the other anthology films are backfilling events in the OT, I can't really see him wanting to do that. I mentioned it in the AoU or AoS thread about his remarks towards Coulson and AoS, but I don't get the feeling he likes to be told that these are the rules, and here are your playground confines.

Sticking him in an anthology film, I think, would stick him in the same position as if he was still working with Marvel. Letting him helm a TV show would allow him to have a larger playground to tell a story IMO.

I guess the question is, will he commit to a long term project or will he be responsible like he was for AoS of creating the show then passing the torch to someone else? I tend to think it would be the latter.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I'm just glad Star Wars is in the hands of Disney. What they've done with Marvel is incredible, and I know they'll put the right people in there that will steer this universe in the right direction.

Indeed.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I guess the question is, will he commit to a long term project or will he be responsible like he was for AoS of creating the show then passing the torch to someone else? I tend to think it would be the latter.

I would totally be fine with the latter scenario. Have him oversee a season / set up the world/characters, then hand it off.
First Page Last Page
Page 135 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.