Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,887,822 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody else hoping we get to see Lando?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Anybody else hoping we get to see Lando?
Billy Dee William's manager.

I sure hope they give Donald Faison a bit role at some point.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I heard Billy Dee Williams speak at a convention and he almost seemed bitter that he ever did Star Wars. I got the impression that he doesn't care about science fiction and hates that he is most known for a science fiction character.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I watched a few minutes of him at Celebration this year and I think there's bitterness there that he wasn't asked to return for Force Awakens. He hadn't seen the trailer yet, and when they showed it to him he said "There's something missing.". Tongue-in-cheek, but I think there's some real resentment there.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I watched a few minutes of him at Celebration this year and I think there's bitterness there that he wasn't asked to return for Force Awakens. He hadn't seen the trailer yet, and when they showed it to him he said "There's something missing.". Tongue-in-cheek, but I think there's some real resentment there.
His son was more interesting IMO. Something with how Williams responded was just way off, like he either was thinking about something completely different or couldn't recall everything.
MGS
quote:
hates that he is most known for a science fiction character.

Well, if it wasn't for Star Wars, he'd be most known for his malt liquor ads.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
Maybe, but it doesn't seem like resentment to me. It seems like he really doesn't care about Star Wars and does these talks for the money. It was at a science fiction convention and he wanted to talk more about doing blaxpoitation films and the Jackson Five movie than Star Wars.
Dro07
AG
quote:
No way the First Order would allow a black stormtrooper.

After they lost maybe they wanted a more hip vibe to bring in more recruits.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Tim Meadows as Billy Dee Williams reviewing the Phantom Menace on SNL in 1999.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
Maybe, but it doesn't seem like resentment to me. It seems like he really doesn't care about Star Wars and does these talks for the money. It was at a science fiction convention and he wanted to talk more about doing blaxpoitation films and the Jackson Five movie than Star Wars.
I went to a screening of TPM at a convention in Dallas with some of theForce.net guys, Billy Dee was there as were Jeremy Bullock and Peter Mayhew, and even then he seemed generally disinterested.
VanZandt92
quote:
I heard Billy Dee Williams speak at a convention and he almost seemed bitter that he ever did Star Wars. I got the impression that he doesn't care about science fiction and hates that he is most known for a science fiction character.

Meanwhile id give my left testicle to be a no name background stormtrooper with little to no aim.
DustysLineup
AG
quote:

Which is weird because I mostly associate him with Colt 45.
txagman1998
AG
Seems odd that Billy Dee would dislike Star Wars, yet agree to voice over Lando for Rebels. He seemed pretty happy to associate with Lando in the behind the scenes video that was released on the Star Wars Rebels YouTube channel.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Here is my story of how awesome Star Wars is today.

I went in for a job interview on Friday morning, went pretty well, main interviewer asked me if I had a website or a blog, I told him I'd send it to him.

Sent the follow-up email with the blog address later that day; my blog has a picture of my desk on it, which includes a R2D2 model.

He writes back, says he saw the R2 and is interested in it, asks if I'm a Star Wars fan.

I write back, say yep,it's a 1978 model R2 I've had since I was 4, how about you?

He responds only with a stormtooper ID call sign and his affiliation for his stormtrooper unit.

Turns out he's got a full stormy suit, a full scout trooper suit, and is working on a Darth Revan costume now.

I love Star Wars.
OnlyForNow
AG
Hopefully you get the job!
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Hopefully you get the job!

Sounds like it's in the bag.
VanZandt92
Lando had one of the worst costumes. I'm just saying.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Still don't understand why Lando is wearing Han's clothes at the end of Empire.
double aught
AG
Never really thought about that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
He left Cloud City with the clothes on his back (and cape). Should he have asked Vader if he could pack an overnight bag?
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
quote:
He left Cloud City with the clothes on his back (and cape). Should he have asked Vader if he could pack an overnight bag?

Worth a shot
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I have altered the deal.
Mr. White
Is there a good, lengthy article on the transaction between Lucas and Disney, the decision to make Ep 7, and the hiring of Abrams?
wangus12
AG
Starting my watching tonight. IV, V, I, II, III, VI
Quinn
AG
Businessweek had an interesting article about Disney's purchase of Star Wars if you want to google for it.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Starting my watching tonight. IV, V, I, II, III, VI

So awesome to see someone doing it right.
Quinn
AG
Can you tell me (as someone who doesn't know too much about SW) why that's the right order?
RebAg13
AG
12 4536 is actually an option
RebAg13
AG
There's also 456 only
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting. I could see that working too. You keep the Vader twist in there, and finish with the two climaxes of the saga back to back.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly though I think 4 5 1 2 3 6 is the best. (In theory, as I haven't actually tried it yet.)

Your introduction to the saga are the first two films that were made. You're introduced to Luke, Leia, and Han, you learn who Luke's father is, and finish on a cliffhanger. You go back and learn about Vader as an "extended flashback", and finally see the Jedi Order and the Old Republic you've heard so much about. The flashback ends on the darkest possible note, then you flash forward back to the final battle and climax of the saga.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Honestly though I think 4 5 1 2 3 6 is the best. (In theory, as I haven't actually tried it yet.)

Your introduction to the saga are the first two films that were made. You're introduced to Luke, Leia, and Han, you learn who Luke's father is, and finish on a cliffhanger. You go back and learn about Vader as an "extended flashback", and finally see the Jedi Order and the Old Republic you've heard so much about. The flashback ends on the darkest possible note, then you flash forward back to the final battle and climax of the saga.

Boom. Exactly. Well said.
RebAg13
AG
Sex Panther
AG
The correct order is 4, 5, 6
PatAg
AG
4,5,6 end of watching experience.
First Page Last Page
Page 128 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.