Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,679 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How the eff does it break Bespin's gravity!

I know star wars doesn't care that much about those sort of things, but come on.
redline248
AG
Y'all covered it before I could type up the code for italics on my phone. This lightsaber thing seems so dumb.
AliasMan02
AG
To start it that way would put every person in the audience into the mindset of "here we go again..."

Even if that is the current plan, it would never make it through early test screenings and into theaters.
TCTTS
AG
I wouldn't believe a word of it if this whole thing didn't start from Devin at Badass Digest, who, again, is one of the most solid, in-the-know guys out there, who also doubled-down on the rumor a couple days ago after having talked to sources at Comic-Con. He admitted that he was off in certain regards, but sticks to the gist of it.

Still, this all feels so suspect, for all the reason pointed out in this thread. I have no doubt a lightsaber-in-space may, in some way, be PART of the opening, but the way people continue to (try to) describe it, there's not a chance in hell that version ends up on screen.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/25/2014 3:17p).]
AliasMan02
AG
That lightsaber could well fit into the story. If Mara Jade is now an Inquisitor, the Emperor could have armed her with Luke's recovered lightsaber, which would create a history between them. Now she has devoted her life to hunting the man who she blames for the death of her master and the end of the Sith line.

The saber could also be in space because Jade lost it in battle over Tatooine (or wherever), wreckage from her destroyed ship. It gets found on the planet and then THAT begs all sorts of questions.
redline248
AG
Is it reasonable for Mara Jade to have been hunting or seeking revenge on Luke for 30 years and he won't have known about it?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

I'd watch the SHEET out of that movie. Make it happen, Disney.
AliasMan02
AG
The idea is that he had been in hiding or on the run for 30 years
ChipFTAC01
AG
Is that supposed to reference a Yoda origins movie?
I like it!

What IS Yoda, btw?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's just some unofficial artwork I saw on reddit by artist Marco Teixeira.

But yes, that's supposed to be a young Yoda.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yoda's species is referred to as "Yoda's species".

No, seriously. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Yoda%27s_species
InnerCityAg
Do you think that yoda species nuts with the force?
G.I.Bro
Even when I watched the original series as a kid and especially so now, I never cared about yoda's back story or seeing him fight. I like his character, but I like him how he is in Empire
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You all need to watch this, it's hilarious. It's Kevin Smith at Comic Con telling the story of when he went on the SW set, but the follow-up story is what really makes it. Watch it till the end if you've got 20 minutes to kill. (Skip to 14:30 if you want to get right to the second story, but if you haven't heard him tell the set story, I suggest watching the whole thing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-M25o19SrA

[This message has been edited by Brian Earl Spilner (edited 7/27/2014 8:48p).]
TCTTS
AG
This sounds awesome, and makes me actually want to read a comic (something I've done only a handful of times)...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/07/27/why-marvels-new-darth-vader-comic-could-be-the-most-interesting-star-wars-c/

This fall, I think I'm going all-in on Star Wars. Gonna watch the SW: Rebel cartoon when it debuts, probably read these official comics, and then of course get ready for the movies. It definitely makes it more fun knowing it's all going to be connected in a more official capacity this go around.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/27/2014 8:25p).]
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner - That's so weird. That's literally the third time Smith has told that story in the past couple of weeks, and it's almost word-for-word the same as the last two. Not calling out your post or anything (though the original telling of that story is linked to a page or two back), just pointing out how rehearsed and thought-out Smith's speeches are. I guess that's what it takes to be a storyteller like him, to a certain extent, but it's just so strange to see. Like watching the exact same stand-up act three times in a row.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I actually posted some of his quotes. But like I said, the main reason I posted the vid is cause the follow-up story is what I really found funny. (Skip to 14:30 if you want to go right to the second story.)

But yeah, Smith definitely retells the same stories a lot. His main thing these days is podcasting and doing Q&As (mostly As since it's him talking 98% of the time), so most of the time he's telling stories he's told before. I don't know if he rehearses them per se, but they're probably ingrained in his head the way a comedian's jokes are. I find him entertaining as hell to listen to, though his constant mini-tangents he goes on do get irritating.

[This message has been edited by Brian Earl Spilner (edited 7/27/2014 8:46p).]
TCTTS
AG
Gotcha, my bad. Ha, just watched the end. Wow. Is there no line that guy won't cross, nothing he won't keep private? I'm sure his wife loved that story being told in front of thousands of people.
Red Five
AG
quote:
http://badassdigest.com/2014/07/27/why-marvels-new-darth-vader-comic-could-be-the-most-interesting-star-wars-c/

"A man in a position of power who is slighted and turns to tactics that he wouldn't have really considered before."

That is one of the stupidest summaries I've read. Darth Vader is a man who gained his position by murdering children, but yeah, now he's crossing the line.

[This message has been edited by Red Five (edited 7/27/2014 10:42p).]
TCTTS
AG
^ I don't read that as now he's finally crossing the line. That's a pretty big assumption on your part, and not what he's saying at all. I interpret that as meaning Vader is now simply trying a different approach. Likely one that's perhaps less violent and instead more politically cunning.

Sometimes it's as if some of you actively go looking for things to b*tch about.
LeonardSkinner
quote:

Been on TexAgs long?
TCTTS
AG
Oh, I'm well aware.
InnerCityAg
quote:

Someone's a little insecure.

Why is an opinion that differs from yours considered *****ing?
TCTTS
AG
Ha, insecure? That's you what got from that?

It's not an issue of opinion. Red Five straight up misinterpreted what Kieron Gillen was saying.

This has nothing to do with me wanting people to like something. I could not care less. I may even end up disliking the comic myself. It's the always-looking-for-something-to-b*tch-about mentality that bugs me sometimes.
Red Five
AG
quote:
It's not an issue of opinion. Red Five straight up misinterpreted what Kieron Gillen was saying.
TCTTS is right, I did take that comment the wrong way. I dont necessarily agree with the intent behind it either way, but I was overly negative about it. I'm as big a fan as its possible to be about Star Wars and Marvel, and I enjoyed Gillen's work on X-men so I'm sure the Vader book will be well written. I still think that was a dumb way to describe it though.
TCTTS
AG
Ford off the crutch...

Simplebay
Jason Ag
AG
I haven’t read the whole thread, but that picture got me thinking, do you think they are just making a new movie with the “old” original actors while they still can? They can always go back and redo the prequels, but o’l Ford, Hamill, etc. aren’t’ always going to be around.
JCRiley09
AG
Found on reddit:
jabberwalkie09
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is that a young NPH?
brents1975
Oooooooooh man!!! SW Rebels!! First seven minutes. It's in French but who cares! Enjoy

http://www.starwars7news.com/2014/08/the-first-7-minutes-of-star-wars-rebels.html

redline248
AG
Set the dvr to record the first look tonight
fig96
AG
Rebels preview in English.
First Page Last Page
Page 52 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.