Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,773 Views | 43963 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by maroon barchetta
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Random question: When you start reading these leaks/guesses/rumors of the plot, and you find yourself thinking "wow, that sounds cool..." and then none of that happens, do you think you are more likely to be disappointed in the movie than if you had no ideas about how the plot might go?
TCTTS
AG
I feel like it's a win-win, at least for me. I love the idea of the movie being a hunt for Luke, but if it's not I'll enjoy the surprise. Regardless, I'm usually able to turn off my expectations once I'm sitting in the theater. When the lights go down, I tend to "forget" almost everything I know.

That said, some kind of search-for-Luke plot is almost guaranteed at this point. Too many independent sources have reported it. The severed-hand-and-light-saber-floating-through-space thing could easily be misdirection, as could many other plot points we think we know, but I'd be willing to bet the house on the plot revolving around a search for Luke, to some degree.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I've decided I'm officially out on plot spoilers. I really diminished my enjoyment of the prequels with them.

See ya when the first trailer hits.

BeefAg_00~
quote:
I've decided I'm officially out on plot spoilers. I really diminished my enjoyment of the prequels with them.

See ya when the first trailer hits.

Really? Spoilers is what ruined the prequels for youl
Seven Psycho Ags
So after the end of the search for Luke they'll return to Earth and kidnap a whale, right?
BeefAg_00~
quote:
So after the end of the search for Luke they'll return to Earth and kidnap a whale, right?

To populate Naboo with intelligent aquatic life.
redline248
AG
Naboo already has jar jar
RAT90
AG
He said "intelligent"
redline248
AG
Sarcasm, my friend
Simplebay
AG
apparently a new set photo has hit the intrawebs

TCTTS
AG
I'm still shocked that a single set pic of any member of the main hasn't leaked. Granted, they've mostly been shooting on stages up 'til now, but they've been doing plenty of location work as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Scenes set on Tatooine.
TCTTS
AG
^ Btw, word is the desert planet in this movie might not be Tatooine.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No way that's true.
AliasMan02
AG
I hope it's Arrakis.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
No way that's true.

That's imPOSSIBLE!
TCTTS
AG
Holy sh*t. Pic of Hamill at the Guardians London premiere just now. Love the look...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/24/2014 4:39p).]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Luke F. Skywalker
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Holy sh*t. Pic of Hamill at the Guardians London premiere just now. Love the look...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/24/2014 4:39p).]

He looks awesome.

Can you imagine what he must be going through? I know he had had a great career, but he's getting to play the role of a lifetime, here.
MGS
quote:
I hope it's Arrakis.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
What if it's JUST the light saber floating in space, sans the hand. I could dig that a little more.

Keep in mind that if it is a hand clutching a light sabre, it's his sword hand, his right hand, which is the robotic hand installed at end of ESB.

So, thinking on this more, it wouldn't be nearly as cheesy if they found the robotic hand which could obviously survive the elements and decomposition
Knife_Party
He looks like Old Ben. I hope he retains his fighting skills more like old Yoda than old Ben.
Simplebay
AG
Robot hand
Seven Psycho Ags
Getting a very Obi-wan vibe from that picture
redline248
AG
Too bad the picture doesn't show if his hand is intact.
MGS
quote:

So, thinking on this more, it wouldn't be nearly as cheesy if they found the robotic hand which could obviously survive the elements and decomposition

Decomposition in space?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
InnerCityAg
Do you think he uses the force to rub one out, or is that a dark side power?

Robot hand would be dangerous to use (if it malfunctions).
G.I.Bro
quote:
He looks like Old Ben. I hope he retains his fighting skills more like old Yoda than old Ben.

fighting Yoda is still one of my least favorite things about the prequels
Knife_Party
quote:
Do you think he uses the force to rub one out, or is that a dark side power?

Robot hand would be dangerous to use (if it malfunctions).

Maybe he was an ambi-baiter beforehand, so switch hitting is np.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BBC interview with Mark: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28466562
TCTTS
AG
I swear, these people who get the SW scoops are some of the most incoherent writers I've ever encountered. Granted, they're all working from rumor, conjecture, and second-hand sources, but still.

Apparently it's ONLY the lightsaber floating through space (no severed hand), but I still can't quite understand this guy's point...

quote:
EPISODE VII will open with the traditional crawl, spelling out where we are and giving us some indication as to where that familiar galaxy far, far away rests all these years later since RETURN OF THE JEDI. Then once it fades off-screen, we will indeed get this floating hand with lightsaber floating through space… well, sorta. My sources indicate that the hand is a bit too gruesome of an image to kick off the new trilogy of films with, but Luke’s lightsaber that would have been set free from Cloud City as he was released into dangling from its weather vain will be there front and center.

HUH?

http://thisisinfamous.com/exclusive-finding-factfiction-star-wars-episode-vii-plot-rumors/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dumb. No way it's the lightsaber from Empire. That lightsaber fell from Cloud City and would've been destroyed by the gases below in Bespin.
AliasMan02
AG
That won't be it. JJ isn't super concerned with science or whatever, but that makes no sense. Also, finding THAT lightsaber would not spark any sort of urgent quest to find Luke.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. None of this makes any sense.
First Page Last Page
Page 51 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.