Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,613 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Seven Psycho Ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There's a blade runner pun in there somewhere...
jabberwalkie09
AG
Thumbs up for the bacta tank reference

[This message has been edited by jabberwalkie09 (edited 6/30/2014 6:12p).]

[This message has been edited by jabberwalkie09 (edited 6/30/2014 6:13p).]
TCTTS
AG
Very, very interesting...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=102855
AliasMan02
AG
Flashbacks would be VERY new to Star Wars. Does JJ dare?
TCTTS
AG
Without Lucas directly involved, I guess anything's on the table. Though, I doubt Fisher's daughter will have any lines. Maybe it's for some kind of prologue or something. Kind of like the first Lord of the Rings did, telling some kind of backstory, and they just need similar faces/bodies for a few shots. Could be really cool, if done right, to visit a moment or two either between movies in the original trilogy, or just before, via some kind of extended montage/prologue/flashback sequence.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 6/30/2014 6:45p).]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Flashbacks would be cool, but do NOT **** WITH OUR TIMELINE, JJ.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed.

You know what else might be cool is to revisit a moment from one of the original movies, but from a completely different perspective. Like there's some main character in Episode VII who witnessed an event in the original trilogy, but we just never saw that character, who was in the background, or off in the distance or something. Not to where it alters anything, obviously, but it might be fun to just see an old scene from a different perspective.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Oh no! It's Star Wars Lost!
mid90
AG
quote:
Agreed.

You know what else might be cool is to revisit a moment from one of the original movies, but from a completely different perspective. Like there's some main character in Episode VII who witnessed an event in the original trilogy, but we just never saw that character, who was in the background, or off in the distance or something. Not to where it alters anything, obviously, but it might be fun to just see an old scene from a different perspective.

Oooh I like that! Maybe show the medal ceremony from the end of A New Hope from the POV of one of soldiers standing in the crowd. He watches a young Leia from a distance as she puts the medals around Han and Luke (we only see their backs).
Red Five
AG
quote:
Agreed.

if speculation from earlier holds true about Mara jade making the jump from EU to the screen, she was at Jabba's palace.
TCTTS
AG
Wow, even if only a few seconds, any kind of recreation of the Jabba palace scene from Jedi would be awesome.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
if speculation from earlier holds true about Mara jade making the jump from EU to the screen, she was at Jabba's palace.

That would be cool, if Jade is playing the role of a villain, still the angry protege of the now-dead Emperor, looking for revenge against the Skywalker family.
mid90
AG
didn't Disney say the EU was not to be considered canonical?

though I guess that would mean Mara Jade didn't HAVE to be a character, as opposed to she couldn't be a character
redline248
AG
I think they said it's not canon, but it's not off limits for use in the new movies.
Saxsoon
AG
There seems to be quite a few hints that Mara Jade will be in the upcoming movie.

One of which is that Disney apparently kept a hold of Karen Gillan's hair after it was shaved off for GotG and it was going to be used in SW. Also some stuff with licensed toys as well.
TCTTS
AG
If you guys get an hour over the holiday, this is GREAT podcast on all things Episode VII and the spin-off movies. The latest news, potential plot elements, release dates, etc. are all discussed by some of the top online SW movie guys...

http://geeknation.com/podcasts/far-far-away-ep-22-who-will-get-a-movie-first-han-or-boba/
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
some of the top online SW movie guys...

I thought we were the top online SW movie guys.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks TC, that was a great podcast.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Two new cast members added.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/star-wars-episode-vii-adds-2-cast-members-1201258392/
redline248
AG
Parkour actor? Some sort of assassin/force user type.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maul?
TCTTS
AG
I'm not the biggest Kevin Smith fan, but at the 35:00 mark of this speaking engagement, he gives a really great recap of his time on set last week. No spoilers or specifics obviously, just general impressions, and he does a phenomenal job describing the overall vibe. Definitely got me fired up...

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9116901/KevinSmithMasterclass/videos/55760968
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Thanks TC, that was a great podcast.

No problem!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
From Kevin Smith's instagram:

"All I can share are this old Bantha-Tracks subscriber's tears and snotty nose of joy. The Force is WITH this movie."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
"[Abrams] had sent me an email out of the blue while they were shooting in Abu Dhabi last month," Smith said, explaining the Star Wars invite.

"So we go to the set and they're actually shooting, and they're shooting -- and this is what I can't tell you what they were shooting -- But what I saw I absolutely loved," he said. "It was tactile, it wasn't a series of f---ing green and blue screens in which later on digital characters would be added. It was there it was happening."

"I saw uniforms, I saw artillery that I haven't seen since I was a kid. I saw them shooting an actual sequence in a set that is real -- I walked across the set, there were explosions -- and it looked like a shot right out of an f--ing Star Wars movie," he said. Smith also got a tour of "Stage M," where he he saw the full scale Millennium Falcon and stepped inside to walk around.

Abrams is "building a tactile world, a world you can touch. And he's replicating it with all the love of somebody that has the world's greatest collection of Star Wars figures," Smith gushed.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kevin-smiths-star-wars-episode-716843

[This message has been edited by Brian Earl Spilner (edited 7/7/2014 10:06a).]
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
"[Abrams] had sent me an email out of the blue while they were shooting in Abu Dhabi last month," Smith said, explaining the Star Wars invite.

"So we go to the set and they're actually shooting, and they're shooting -- and this is what I can't tell you what they were shooting -- But what I saw I absolutely loved," he said. "It was tactile, it wasn't a series of f---ing green and blue screens in which later on digital characters would be added. It was there it was happening."

"I saw uniforms, I saw artillery that I haven't seen since I was a kid. I saw them shooting an actual sequence in a set that is real -- I walked across the set, there were explosions -- and it looked like a shot right out of an f--ing Star Wars movie," he said. Smith also got a tour of "Stage M," where he he saw the full scale Millennium Falcon and stepped inside to walk around.

Abrams is "building a tactile world, a world you can touch. And he's replicating it with all the love of somebody that has the world's greatest collection of Star Wars figures," Smith gushed.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kevin-smiths-star-wars-episode-716843

[This message has been edited by Brian Earl Spilner (edited 7/7/2014 10:06a).]

I might cry.
redline248
AG
Here is a fan made film by University of Georgia Football player Chris Conley. Kind of cool.

http://youtu.be/nsJU5Ebka44?t=37s
InnerCityAg
quote:

/quote]

This is sounding like it should be good. I'm guessing there will be little to few kid friendly characters.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
This is sounding like it should be good. I'm guessing there will be little to few kid friendly characters.

And that is fine. Star Wars and Empire were gritty movies. I believe that is one of the reasons that gave them so much appeal. People died. War was not pretty nor kind. It was a clear struggle between good and evil and evil was evil and good had to get down in the mud and blood to overcome evil.

Mos Eisley was a wretched hive of scum and villiany. Right?

Love of the notion of getting back to how this started.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wouldn't go so far as to call them gritty, but ESB was particularly dark for that kind of movie, for sure.
brents1975
So which saber color do you associate more with Luke? Blue or Green? The blue one he had for 2 movies but was Anakin's. Green one was his. Do you think he'll still have the same saber in ep VII?
redline248
AG
Green and yes

Edit: actually, he could have a different one. When he threw it away at the end of Jedi, is there another shot indicating he retrieved it?

[This message has been edited by redline248 (edited 7/9/2014 1:20p).]
MGS
Maybe he only knows how to build green ones.
Farmer1906
AG
I've always associated green with luke. Not sure why.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Wow, I never thought about Luke not going to get his lightsaber after tossing it on DSII. It seems pretty realistic that he didn't go get it, over the next 15-20 minutes he got the bejesus zapped out of him, saw his father redeem himself, and the Emperor destroyed.

I'd say he'd probably would have picked it up. Would have been pretty bitter irony if he had defeated Vader and seen Palpy destroyed, only to get killed by Joe the Stormtrooper while dragging Vader's body 5 miles to that shuttle.
First Page Last Page
Page 46 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.