Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,888,065 Views | 43965 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Dear Texags: please make a spoiler tag. Thanks.

I gave fair warning. Also, none of that is even remotely confirmed. It's all super-speculative at this point, which is why I don't care as much. Should legit info start to leak, I'm out.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 6/27/2014 1:40p).]
Ulrich
I didn't read the update, it just reminded me that spoiler tags have been around forever, except on texags. As we get closer to release date it is going to be difficult to avoid spoilers.

[spoiler]test[/spoiler]

[This message has been edited by Ulrich (edited 6/27/2014 1:54p).]
redline248
AG
You'd also have better luck on the Technical Support forum, than in the middle of a random thread.
Ulrich
Done. If anyone would like to cosign, click here.

[This message has been edited by Ulrich (edited 6/27/2014 1:57p).]
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. Can't believe how stuck in the past this forum is. Then again, I know they've been redesigning the forums for a few months now. Hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer for them to implement the changes. Maybe right around the start of football season?
redline248
AG
quote:
Can't believe how stuck in the past this forum is. Then again, I know they've been redesigning the forums for a few years now.

FIFY
Ulrich
quote:
Agreed. Can't believe how stuck in the past this forum is. Then again, I know they've been redesigning the forums for a few months now. Hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer for them to implement the changes. Maybe right around the start of football season?

I've seen this comment posted every year since I started in 2005. I really do like the simplicity of the layout (which is why I'm against avatars and pictures in signatures), but it would be nice to have a few more of the message board basics including spoiler tags.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, all I know is that a friend mine from LA, Stewart, moved back to CS and started working for TexAgs late last year. He posted this pic in March of him and some other guys going over the redesigns. I know from experience now how incredibly long it takes to design and program a site, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. I even made the joke to him that people were going to analyze this pic like people analyzed the first Episode VII production meeting photo...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 6/27/2014 2:11p).]
Ulrich
The spoiler tag is an idea that has been floating around for years and that should only take a few minutes to code... you can probably pretty much copy/paste the code given how common a feature it is.
Ulrich
Printouts on the wall? No wonder it's going so slow. Projectors and dry erase boards are where it's at.
redline248
AG
Post on the premium forum (from Stewade, pictured above) says they are aiming for start of football season.
TCTTS
AG
Awesome news. Figured as much. May actually upgrade to premium once that happens.
TCTTS
AG
Not that we didn't know any of this already, but here's the definitive, well-explained reasoning behind why Episode VII can't be moved to 2016...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/06/27/disney-will-release-episode-vii-in-2015-or-kill-harrison-ford-trying/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Love the idea of a search for Luke Skywalker.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bob Iger
Bruce Almighty
AG
I really wish they would delay the movie and make sure they get this right. I understand the business part of it, but it seems to me they would be better off in the long run making a great May release movie than an average December movie and higher initial merchandise sales.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Couldn't agree more. Move it to May and focus on making the best movie possible.

Start hyping the movie a year in advance with a teaser trailer, and I guarantee they can put out merchandise 6 months ahead of the release and sell a ****ton of it. In fact I can picture Disney doing a sort of Star Wars midnight madness like they used to do with the prequels, and time it so the first full trailer premieres at midnight right before the merch goes on sale.
AliasMan02
AG
I just hope that this time around they don't spoil so much with trailers and merch. Can you imagine if nobody had seen the double-sided lightsaber until Maul bust that puppy out in the Naboo duel? You'd have had the audience going nuts. As it was, it was spoiled for pretty much everyone in the trailer.

A good comparison might be for Episode VII that they should never show Luke in the trailers. Maybe just him hooded and obscured, or his voice saying, "The Force will be with you... always" or "Leia, hear me..." In fact, they should do two different initial trailers, one focusing on the original cast and the other on the new cast, with Luke being the common thread (assuming the search for him is the plotline, as we are guessing).
AliasMan02
AG
All this Episode VII talk inspired me to watch Episode IV while fiddling around in my office. Two things jump out.

1. The sheer variety of creatures in the movie is amazing. Even before Mos Eisley, you have all of the droids on the sandcrawler, which are really impressive. It's also such a stark contrast between the old puppetry and the new crummy CG.

2. It's stunning how different EVERYTHING in Ben's description of Anakin and the Jedi is from what Lucas delivered to us in the the prequels. It's like Lucas had never even seen Episode IV and it had just been vaguely described to him.
whiskey02
AG
Frog dudes stepping in dung was a higher priority than staying true to the story.
mid90
AG
sorry if this has already been discussed, but it sounds like Tom Cruise may have a cameo....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2669083/Oscar-Isaacs-Star-Wars-role-expanded-following-Harrison-Fords-broken-leg-injury.html
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Meanwhile, Lucasfilm and Disney bosses are scrambling to try and work around Ford's injury, which could make him unavailable for filming for up to six months.

Dude, whatever. Six months? No way.

quote:
The sci-fi production could use some star power

LOL. Yeah, okay. Definitely need some star power to try and sell tickets to this one!

For the record, I'm cool with a Cruise cameo as long as he is just playing some dude in the movie. Would be kinda cool. Let him be an alien bartender or a smuggler who happens to be sitting at a table with Han at some point.
TCTTS
AG
Cruise was in London because that's where Mission: Impossible 5's production offices are. Shooting is gearing up relatively soon, and he was visiting with/saying hello to M:I5's producer... J.J. Abrams. It was nothing more than that. Cruise is definitely not in Episode VII.
COOL LASER FALCON
No Les Grossman appearance as the angry Imperial higher-up?
Simplebay
AG
representation if Cruise was cast in Episode VII...

[This message has been edited by Simplebay (edited 6/30/2014 12:50p).]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
The sci-fi production could use some star power

lolz
Ulrich
OMIGOD NO ONE WILL WATCH STAR WARS IF TOM CRUISE ISN'T IN IT.
Ulrich
The third guy in the gif is pretty failtastic himself. He lands completely, then rolls almost as an afterthought.
MASAXET
AG
quote:
The third guy in the gif is pretty failtastic himself. He lands completely, then rolls almost as an afterthought.

Glad I'm not the only one who was laughing at Lurch's parkour skills
Simplebay
AG
it certainly dont look that great

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2675220/Harrison-Ford-two-feet-prosthetic-peg-leg-breaking-foot-set-filming-Star-Wars.html
MGS
At least he shaved that goatee.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
WTF is that? Never seen that type of contraption in my life. Guess Han Solo is just too badass for crutches.
Bruce Almighty
AG
It's a hands free walking crutch.
AliasMan02
AG
He needs to quit his beeching and hop in a bacta tank.
fig96
AG
Any reason Solo couldn't have lost a limb?

Although I suppose if they can make a new hand they can give him a new lower leg.
First Page Last Page
Page 45 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.