Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,586 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jedi Protocol
Into the Darkside
Revenge of the Others
Attack of the Lens Flare
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
Star Wars: In Which Han and Leia Become Empty Nesters and C-3PO Learns A New Language

I am fluent in over 6 million and 1 forms of communication.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How has no one done Star Wars: The Search For More Money?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
considering the ages of the 3 main stars,

Star Wars: The Early Bird Special

Star Wars: Where are my Keys?

Star Wars: The Prostate Menace

And seriously, if you're the guy still making lens flare jokes, it's time to hang that one up, star trek reboot was 5 years ago, just let it go.
Rocagnante
AG
Star Wars: Requiem for a Flare
Dr. Horrible
Star War: Attack of Han's Merkin
Ulrich
quote:
quote:

Star Wars: In Which Han and Leia Become Empty Nesters and C-3PO Learns A New Language

I am fluent in over 6 million and 1 forms of communication.

I'm on board as long as it's the language of love.
Ulrich
Star Wars: VII O'Clock Bedtime
Featuring Lando's new catchphrase "I'm too old for this poodoo!"
Cyprian
AG
Han and Chewbacca's Excellent Adventure
average_joker
AG
Star Wars Episode VII: Jar Jar's Revenge

"Meesa baaaack...."
jeffk
AG
Evil JarJar holds so many possibilities....
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
And seriously, if you're the guy still making lens flare jokes, it's time to hang that one up, star trek reboot was 5 years ago, just let it go.

And what exactly am I supposed to be "letting go"? I don't think I've made a lens flare joke in my life. Lighten up.

[This message has been edited by MarkoRamius (edited 5/6/2014 7:43a).]
DanHo2010
AG
This link is claiming it's The Ancient Fear.

http://io9.com/and-star-wars-episode-viis-title-is-1572331000
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS incoming.

But seriously, that's not a bad title either. It would definitely fit in with The Phantom Menace and A New Hope.

And FWIW, this link claims "An Ancient Fear": http://fansided.com/2014/05/06/star-wars-rumors-episode-7-title-revealed/#!Jv9hy

[This message has been edited by Brian Earl Spilner (edited 5/6/2014 9:27a).]
TCTTS
AG
I'm way more inclined to believe AICN, simply because Harry has always had insane connections to the Star Wars camp. Fansided, which I've literally never heard of, is only reporting on Harry's story. So, IF this is the real title, it's "The" and not "An." Here's the AICN story, with some Twitter follow-up...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67205

Harry Knowles ‏@headgeek666
EXCLUSIVE: STAR WARS EPISODE VII's working title is... you didn't think I'd blow it in the headline did ya? http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67205

LatinoReview-Kel @Latinoreview
@headgeek666 I can tell you this much they told me a while back that the "of the" formula for the title is out. So this makes sense now :-)

Alan Cerny ‏@NordlingAICN
I'll just say this about THE ANCIENT FEAR: We were waiting for a second independent source, and we got it.

We don't settle for one source at AICN. If we can't get two, we don't run it.

I like THE ANCIENT FEAR. It fits with the franchise.

It may not be the final title, but it's not bad. It could have been JAR JAR'S MAGICAL ADVENTURES! Heh.

All that said, in 2004 Harry claimed that the title for Episode III was The Creeping Fear, so, as always, take all of this with a grain of salt (then again, that actually could have been the title before they decided to change it)...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/17252

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 5/6/2014 9:37a).]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So it's at least [semi-]confirmed as a working title. Cool.

Star Wars Episode VII: The Ancient Fear

Looks good!

[This message has been edited by Brian Earl Spilner (edited 5/6/2014 9:46a).]
Ulrich
The Creeping Fear sounds bad. The Ancient Fear could actually be kind of awesome.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. I could definitely be on board with The Ancient Fear.

I also liked this bit from the story:

quote:
He also stated that "it refers to Max Von Sydow's villain who makes Pazuzu look like a p*ssy!"
AliasMan02
AG
That title, to me, indicates that we aren't getting another Sith villain, or if we are, it's a real Sith from millenia ago somehow brought back. I think that would mean a villain with a different take on the Force, which would be good.
redline248
AG
I'm telling you, they are going back in time and bringing Darth Bane to life.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
That title, to me, indicates that we aren't getting another Sith villain, or if we are, it's a real Sith from millenia ago somehow brought back. I think that would mean a villain with a different take on the Force, which would be good.

Absolutely. I've heard whoever Driver's playing as the villain, it's not a Sith. Then again, he's apparently been training with a lightsaber for the past couple weeks (against Boyega's character), so yeah, it could definitely be some other take on the Force. Either way, I'd love the ancient element. So it's not some "new" threat, but one that's simply been dormant for a long time.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 5/6/2014 10:09a).]
jeffk
AG
So, the villain might be from a longer time ago?
TCTTS
AG
^ I should clarify, it sounds like there's TWO villains. Driver as the more action-oriented one, and Sydow as the older one. Definitely feels very "always two there are," but I still think it's going to be a different take from what we've seen in the past.
Red Five
AG
I think most people were anticipating the Empire to be the antagonists (maybe just wishful thinking still over the EU?), but the working title sounds a lot more Sithlike to me. Of course we did just have the Sith in the prequels, but Sidious/Maul/Vader were more like independent agents. Maybe a recall of the ancient Sith Empire that was defeated by the Jedi of the Old Republic mellenia before? Forgive me a small EU indulgence, but ancient Sith Lords like Ajunta Pall or Freedon Nadd in the fiction seemed more terrifying than Sidious, probably because we only ever saw him as a decaying old man or a weasely politician.
AliasMan02
AG
I wonder if the two are not related at all.

But my actual bet is the older villain is a Sith holocron that trains Driver in the ways of the "true" Sith. He then becomes the banner for a new Sith Empire, gaining the support of much of the fallen, leaderless Imperial fleet. The first movie will be about him fearlessly claiming power in a way totally unlike the subtle machinations of Sidious.

[This message has been edited by Aliasman02 (edited 5/6/2014 10:20a).]
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I am astonished that I'm the first person to post this little toy. Gentlemen, consider the rest of Tuesday, if not your entire week, gone.

starwars.com/play/online-activities/crawl-creator/index.jsp?cs=qnh2sg86wu

Create your own:
starwars.com/play/online-activities/crawl-creator/
Red Five
AG
quote:
But my actual bet is the older villain is a Sith holocron that trains Driver in the ways of the "true" Sith.

Exar Kun then, eh?

/sorryEU

[This message has been edited by Red Five (edited 5/6/2014 10:19a).]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Blocked at work and no flash on my phone.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
But my actual bet is the older villain is a Sith holocron that trains Driver in the ways of the "true" Sith.

Exar Kun then, eh?

/sorryEU

[This message has been edited by Red Five (edited 5/6/2014 10:19a).]

Along those lines, yes. But from out on the rim somewhere.
Red Five
AG
Adam Driver could pull off Kyp Durron. Hmmm...
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Adam Driver could pull off Kyp Durron. Hmmm...

I bet he will be a non-Jedi. Fallen Jedi are lame. He will be pure Sith.
redline248
AG
I think technically the Jedi defeat of the Sith with Darth Bane surviving in secrecy to create the rule of 2 are all canon. The details on how all that took place are up for debate, but since Darth Bane showed up in the Clone Wars tv show, and that was recently labeled canon, it makes sense.

The ancient fear could be anything from before Bane (or after) but I think it's unlikely if any of the names are reused from games or books.

Although Darth Revan would be cool.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
if they really wanted my money (even more of it),they'd do CGI versions of Revan and Heir to the Empire. I'd even take one of Shadows of the Empire.
Red Five
AG
They've already established the "Legends" brand, so while I dont know how possible or likely it is, they certainly could release animated/CGI versions of those stories, branded with Legends so as not to interfere with the new canon, as straight to dvd/netflix.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Eh, not a fan of "The Ancient Fear." It also sounds very unlike "mystery-box" Abrams, since you can surmise a lot about the story from the title (ok, so they find an ancient sith dude and he'll be the enemy.)

A legit cool title would be Star Wars: Dark side of the force

Menacing and much more mysterious.
First Page Last Page
Page 27 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.