Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,886,631 Views | 43962 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What can I say? From a pop culture perspective it was easily the most important and pervasive influence on me in that regard. As a kid, Star Wars was the standard by which nothing else really compared. Indiana Jones would later hold a firm grip on 2nd place, but it was a distant second place, and 3rd place pretty much didn't exist.

From 1978 through 1983 I would wait patiently for the quarterly mailing of Bantha Tracks to get my Star Wars insider info. Other than that, the occasional comic book and Christmas catalog from Sears or JC Penny to check out the new toys.

My sons have absolutely no idea how things used to be. When we thirsted for Star Wars knowledge we had to rely in the US postal service, catalogs, and a sh***y mailer. Oh how things have changed.
Dr. Horrible
quote:
is andy serkis playing jar jar's grandson?
That's what caught my eye too. No clue yet as to his character?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
YES!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Andy Serkis being in this makes me very giddy.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Who's the guy between the villain and Abrams?

Can't quite tell. I don't think it's Max Von Sydov, as he looks to be seated to Hamill's right.
AgMarauder04
AG
Can someone give me a break down of this photo...who's in it, and what their role is?
jr15aggie
AG
Max Von Sydov,

Not to be harsh, but I hope his role is only for Episode VII... the guy is 85 years old right now and I'd hate for him to not be able to continue his role in later films due to death/illness/etc. Surely they thought of that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Not surprisingly, Max Von Sydow, who just turned 85, isn't in the picture, unless I"m blind.

according to starwars.com, the news was released 58 minutes ago and has been retweeted about 4,500 times.

the guy between driver and jj is lawrence kasdan.

EDIT - the picture has a caption up on it. I might make a photoshop version for easy reading.

[This message has been edited by MuckRaker96 (edited 4/29/2014 12:38p).]
jr15aggie
AG
In that pic it looks like Princess Leia not only gained weight, but also became an amputee at the knee!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Here, I whipped this up. Excuse the crudeness, but am at work.

israeliag
AG
Holy crap - this is awesome. I'm so excited for Andy Serkis - MoCap, makeup, or in-person he will be awesome! I'm actually surprised that I've never thought of him in Star Wars, but he would fit so perfectly.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh, that's what that robot is called!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly still hasn't really hit me that this is happening yet.
AgMarauder04
AG
Thanks Muckraker!
Ulrich
I do not have enough thumbs up.
lunchbox
I am posting from the theater. I am already in line.
Ulrich
I think I'm going to blow that picture up and hang it on my office wall.
Ulrich
YellowPot_97
AG
double aught
CincyAg
AG
quote:
Max Von Sydov,

Not to be harsh, but I hope his role is only for Episode VII... the guy is 85 years old right now and I'd hate for him to not be able to continue his role in later films due to death/illness/etc. Surely they thought of that.

Maybe he was cast as Obi-Wan?
MJ20/20
AG
No Lando
Legal Custodian
AG
Oh sweet, sweet news. Let the speculation commence about the name, plot, and character roles.
Sex Panther
AG
**** yeah! John Boyega!!!
InnerCityAg
I see an afro at the very bottom left.... could that be Lando?
jr15aggie
AG
Lando will probably make a cameo at some point. Considering they have to introduce new characters as well as the old ones, there simply wasn't time to throw him into this one w/out completely over saturating the film. They have to set the table with VII, and then perhaps in one of the next films they can get into a jam and say, "I know somebody that could help..."
mid90
TCTTS
AG
I put this together in attempt to try and start making sense of the cast and better-put faces to the names...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 4/29/2014 2:06p).]
Ulrich
Is there a source I should append to that when showing it to people, TCTTS?

And by the way, to me this is the first thing that qualifies as news, and is why I was not excited at any of the rumors. I've followed sports and recruiting too long to believe anything until it's official.
TCTTS
AG
quote:

TexAgs? I just threw it together real quick with Google images. I don't really care about credit or anything.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

theprojectionlist.com
TCTTS
AG
quote:
theprojectionlist.com

Ha, if it was ready. I'm aiming for launch on Monday, June 2. And just FYI, no "the" in the URL. Just projectionlist.com. Was never able to secure the "the."
BryanAggie2013
InnerCityAg
Why is everyone excited about Boyega? Has he played in a kick ass role that I'm unaware of?
jr15aggie
AG
I know the books are not cannon anymore, but I'm pretty sure Han and Leia had twins... wouldn't it make sense for Isaac's character to also be a Solo along with Ridley's? He could still be a Jedi and a mentor to Boyega's character. I just keep assuming there will be 2 Solo kids in this film and Luke will be a bachelor with no offspring.

Also... I'm really wondering how many or if any of these characters will be in heavy make-up besides Mayhew? The villain could certainly be made up in many different evil sith ways (I'd prefer an obvious sith look as opposed to the "oh, he's just a normal senator" approach). The old cast and any Solo offspring are obviously Human, so perhaps Boyega's character could be something else. How about a Jedi from Darth Maul's race or something?
First Page Last Page
Page 21 of 1257

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.