Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,296 Views | 43820 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by The Porkchop Express
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm guessing Bill Burr's utter destruction of Hollywood, while hilarious, might work against him during award season.
Red Five
AG
But that would mean that Hollywood is comprised of a bunch of childish, thin-skinned hypocrites.
dave94
AG
YouBet
AG
Red Five said:

But that would mean that Hollywood is comprised of a bunch of childish, thin-skinned hypocrites.
jokershady
AG
Oh I've been waiting for this!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hell yes.
AgfromHOU
AG
Vader plays golf

https://instagr.am/p/CRRd8R2Dx7c
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AustinAg2K
Disney Star Wars movies may mostly suck, but holy ****, I'm at Star Wars Galaxy Edge right now, and it is unreal. Rise of Resistance is a maybe the greatest experience of my life. The level of detail on everything is insane.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
My kids found this show on Disney+ today, and I'm at the same time proud of their interest in Star Wars and cringing at the very bad quality of this show:

ChipFTAC01
AG
Man, I feel like that would have been right in my wheel house and aimed at my demographic but I have no memory of that show. I sort of remember the Droid show.

There also was some sort of rebooted Star Wars cartoon that I only remember because I had an action figure or two.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Nevermind, maybe I'm just remembering these toys from the Droid show.

https://jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=2042

I think I had him, the purple alien and a 3po
Saxsoon
AG
Got rise of the resistance boarding passes today. My parents tried yesterday before I got here and were told that when they got an error it was likely because they canceled each other. That hasn't been the case before but supposedly there was an update to the virtual queueing system earlier this week.

Was on T-Mobile at the Riviera resort. And only one attempting

Closed everything on my phone. Opened app 2 minutes before and hit join queue on the app. Constantly refreshed in the last 10 seconds by swiping down and refresh (super quick)
AustinAg2K
Saxsoon said:

Got rise of the resistance boarding passes today. My parents tried yesterday before I got here and were told that when they got an error it was likely because they canceled each other. That hasn't been the case before but supposedly there was an update to the virtual queueing system earlier this week.

Closed everything on my phone. Opened app 2 minutes before and hit join queue on the app. Constantly refreshed in the last 10 seconds by swiping down and refresh (super quick)

Tips for getting a spot that I was told and worked for me.

1. Don't try to use multiple phones on the same account. You will cancel each other out. You can both refresh, but if both get the option to join, only one should.

2. On a separate phone/pc bring up a world clock. As soon as it hits 7 am, hit refresh.

3. Don't use hotel or park wifi. Use your cell service. If you're in a place with a bad connection, walk around your hotel and find the best spot the day before.

4. When it asks to confirm your party members, just click ok. Don't waste time verifying. If there is a problem, go to guest services when you get to the park. As long as you have half the number of people you need confirmed, you'll be good.

5. Pray. I was told the ride is often fully booked in less that 5 seconds. You have to be very fast.

I don't believe the virtual queues are a good solution yet. The only two I did were Rise of the Resistance and Hagrid's rise at Universal. Both were great rides, but getting on the virtual queue was a pain on both.
YouBet
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Saxsoon said:

1. Don't try to use multiple phones on the same account. You will cancel each other out. You can both refresh, but if both get the option to join, only one should.

2. On a separate phone/pc bring up a world clock. As soon as it hits 7 am, hit refresh.

3. Don't use hotel or park wifi. Use your cell service. If you're in a place with a bad connection, walk around your hotel and find the best spot the day before.

4. When it asks to confirm your party members, just click ok. Don't waste time verifying. If there is a problem, go to guest services when you get to the park. As long as you have half the number of people you need confirmed, you'll be good.

5. Pray. I was told the ride is often fully booked in less that 5 seconds. You have to be very fast.

I don't believe the virtual queues are a good solution yet. The only two I did were Rise of the Resistance and Hagrid's rise at Universal. Both were great rides, but getting on the virtual queue was a pain on both.

Same strategy people used to secure their boarding pass on Southwest Airlines before Early Bird came along.

Look how innovative SWA was.
gougler08
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Saxsoon said:

That was the key one for us...we got boarding passes in group 46 I believe
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Lego Ultimate Collector Series Republic Gunship

I have numerous Lego Star Wars sets, but I would LOVE to have this one This thing is freakin' HUGE:

canadiaggie
AG
[Thread derail removed. -Staff]
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Can you guys get this Mond / Premium **** off the Star Wars thread?

[Yes. -Staff]
kdm_01
AG
Good idea Bib!
Those UCS series Lego are pretty impressive - have a couple but none that large.

And who else has been completely underwhelmed by The Bad Batch? Id hoped things were looking up after ep 11 and 12 more like classic Clone Wars but then 13 left me unimpressed again.
YouBet
AG
I've watched first two episodes and was underwhelmed. Going to watch a couple of more but it's going to have to pick it up to keep me engaged.
C@LAg
kdm_01 said:

Good idea Bib!
Those UCS series Lego are pretty impressive - have a couple but none that large.

And who else has been completely underwhelmed by The Bad Batch? Id hoped things were looking up after ep 11 and 12 more like classic Clone Wars but then 13 left me unimpressed again.

I dropped it. Omega is just too much that i could not enjoy everything else.
AliasMan02
AG
I don't see how anyone can hate Omega. If nothing else, I love hearing her talk. And she has been the focus of the genuinely touching moments of the series, especially with Hunter and Wrecker.

It's tropey for sure, but you need a character to be an agent for the viewer in a show like this. She is why there are stakes for the Bad Batch.
sburg2007
The one thing I can't stand is hearing her talk. Like nails on a chalkboard for me. Otherwise, I actually like her character.
YouBet
AG
AliasMan02 said:

I don't see how anyone can hate Omega. If nothing else, I love hearing her talk. And she has been the focus of the genuinely touching moments of the series, especially with Hunter and Wrecker.

It's tropey for sure, but you need a character to be an agent for the viewer in a show like this. She is why there are stakes for the Bad Batch.
Her talking is what turns me off. She's creepy as hell and I can't put my finger on it.
jeffk
AG
No offense, but some of y'all are just too weird.
The Collective
AG
I too am not an Omega fan.
JCRiley09
AG
I like the show and am unbothered by the voice. In case someone out there needed to hear that they aren't alone.
canadiaggie
AG
Damn, got hit by the derail hammer.

My cousin got one of the 1.3k piece Millennium Falcon ones. Saw it this weekend.

I know there's a 7k piece monstrosity out there too
twilly
AG
Something like this?

Oh, perhaps you meant this?

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
canadiaggie
AG
twilly said:

Something like this?

Oh, perhaps you meant this?

Badass!!
ChipFTAC01
AG
How long is the star destroyer?
First Page Last Page
Page 1044 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.