Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,578 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quad Dog said:

Don't forget that Lucas' plan before he sold to Disney was to rerelease all 6 movies to theatres converted to 3D. He got as far as Phantom Menace in 3D bombing before he sold. Based on his history there would have probably been other things "fixed" or changed in those releases for any of those movies like he did with the Special Editions.
TPM 3D made $102M worldwide, with the only cost being a fairly simple 3D conversion of the existing Blu-ray version of the movie. So it nowhere near bombed.

The 3D rereleases were cancelled after the Disney purchase because they wanted to focus on fast-tracking Episode 7.
What happens in Spilner's mind when someone messes up facts about the prequels (and I love it!)

Ulrich
Lucas didn't have a really specific plot laid out in advance, but (1) he knew his themes and stuck to them, and (2) he didn't introduce 800 random plot twists seemingly as an eff you to the previous director (RJ did this the most but JJ did it a couple times, too).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Ulrich said:

Lucas didn't have a really specific plot laid out in advance, but (1) he knew his themes and stuck to them, and (2) he didn't introduce 800 random plot twists seemingly as an eff you to the previous director (RJ did this the most but JJ did it a couple times, too).
To further expound on this, I'm fairly certain that once Lucas knew he was doing more than one movie he 1) knew who the real villain was (the emperor) and 2) knew Luke would redeem Vader.

The sequel couldn't make up it's mind on the villain. Kylo? nope. Snoke? lol. Palpatine? sure why the f- not!

We're beating a dead horse at this point, but for all Lucas's flawed decisions, he knew where he was going.
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

my occasional source of information says expect to see someone tall, dark, and scaly back in the mix during the book.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Bossk?
MGS
Godzilla?
TCTTS
AG
Whos Juan
AG
YouBet
AG
Whos Juan said:

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Bossk?
Bossk fan film with Dr. Aphra (not a good acting job) that is a straight up homage to Predator. Worth a 16-minute watch. I don't know if Bossk is CGI or animatronics or a costume/puppet here, but he looks incredible.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
So basically Predator-Bossk
TCTTS
AG
Ewan McGregor talks about working with actual Stormtroopers (as opposed to CGI) in Obi-Wan...

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CP58jL9B83C
TCTTS
AG
Sounds like we're not getting Mando season 3 until late '22, but that Book of Boba Fett is essentially Mando 2.5...

YNWA_AG
AG
Last of us is filming for a year- I'm not sure how much time pascal with that going on
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Lordy, lordy, look whose fine ass is 40. I can only assume Spilner is quiet today because his legs are cramping up from the overnight stakeout outside her apartment building.

redline248
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Lordy, lordy, look whose fine ass is 40. I can only assume Spilner is quiet today because his legs are cramping up from the overnight stakeout outside her apartment building.

I am 41, so I have no problem saying that I have been in love with her since The Professional
jokershady
AG
Just to make sure I've got this right.in 2022 we're going to get

- Book of Boba Fett (aka Mando 2.5) wrapping up from its December 2021 premiere
- Premiere of the Cassian Andor series
- Obi-Wan mini series
- The Last of Us series premiere
- Un-confirmed start of Mando S3

TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
Means nothing. Mark Hamill would've said the same thing about Mandalorian
TCTTS
AG
Yep.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Star Wars history made yesterday at the box office as Naboo and Arkanis were united thanks to the matrimony of two of their finest.

Dorme, former handmaiden to Queen/Senator Padme Amidala entered into marriage with General Brendol Hux of the First Order.

Flashdiaz
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Star Wars history made yesterday at the box office as Naboo and Arkanis were united thanks to the matrimony of two of their finest.

Dorme, former handmaiden to Queen/Senator Padme Amidala entered into marriage with General Brendol Hux of the First Order.

did you just spoil Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway?!?!!!
Belton Ag
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Jesus, Spilner's going to be pissed.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Yes, although it's the first scene of the trailer.

Real spoilers.

Cottontail gets addicted to a controlled substance.
Peter gets catfished
Bea sells out to the man
Peter is species profiled
jokershady
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saw these at a gallery in Mexico.

jokershady
AG
Just FYI I did the conversion for the storm trooper art to USD.$823.78

Hard to make out the prices on the others but I'd imagine around the same
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
No costume to see (clever girl), but there's Obi-Wan Kenobi on set.

And a small but savory morsel from Temeura Morrison about The Book of Boba Fett.

Rotten Tomatoes: Will we see more of that Boba Fett, the hand-to-hand fighting Boba Fett, in the new series?

Morrison: Well, we can't say too much, but we're going to see his past and where he's been since The Empire Strikes Back. Somebody pointed out he's been kind of stuck in this one place, and now's the time to actually go back in time and check out his journey and find out more about him.
TCTTS
AG
"The Book of Boba Fett" title now makes a bit more sense. It'd be so cool if we're treated to certain scenes-between-scenes that took place between Empire and Jedi, that we weren't privy to prior. With Fett under a helmet, Han in carbonite, and nearly every other character being an alien, it would be relatively easy to recreate any number of events between Fett leaving with Han at the end of Empire and delivering Han to Jabba before Jedi. Would be cool to hopefully see Fett emerge from the Sarlacc Pit and all of that as well.
YouBet
AG
In the vein of not showing every single thing in the shadows, I would normally disagree with you.

However, I think the die has been cast to do that with Star Wars, and I would say we almost have to see his escape from the pit.
Ulrich
I usually carry the torch on arguing against turning every sci-fi property into a de facto encyclopedia, but I kind of agree with you. That's picking up the thread of a badass story; most explain-gasms ruin the in media res-ness? of pre-existing characters.

Someone let me know if any of that makes grammatical sense.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
I'm good with getting a whole lot of explanation regarding Boba Fett because he is a character with what I'd call an unearned fandom.

Not counting a brief appearance when Lucas put him into the special edition for Star Wars, Boba Fett has been on screen for all of, roughly, 10 minutes across 3 films: Empire, Jedi, and Clones (not counting any other appearances in the animated stuff, or The Mandalorian). In that time, all we have seen is:

A snotty kid who witnessed his father's death at the hands of Mace Windu
A smart guy who was able to deduce where the Millennium Falcon had gone when no one in the Imperial fleet could, and therefore track the Falcon to Bespin where he was essentially someone who just kinda stood around - he raised his weapon once on Chewbacca but Vader intervened, and then he shot once at Luke
He is in Jabba's palace, again just standing around as part of the entourage,
He ends up looking like he has Luke lined up for a kill shot when a blind Han Solo hits his rocket pack, sending this supposed bad-ass hurtling uncontrolled into flight, slamming against the sail barge and falling into the mouth of the Sarlacc.

Damn right I'd like to see more out of this character. He is supposed to be a feared bounty hunter, yet a blind guy was able to send him to his supposed doom. Right now I'd say we saw his potential through his paternal character, Jango Fett.
bluefire579
AG
It all comes back to that very first scene.

Nothing adds to the mystery of the guy like standing there on a star destroyer amongst several other bounty hunters in this cool looking armor that's been beat to hell as Vader briefs them all, only to single him out with the words, "You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegrations."

The mystery behind that single moment is exactly what draws you into him and in a short time establishes the ruthlessness of his character and his methods, which has been what's drawn folks to him since ESB came out.
First Page Last Page
Page 1041 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.