Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,217 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
Red Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

It has a real shot at approaching the phenomenal popularity of "Jaws," and I wouldn't be surprised to discover "Star Wars" in the runner-up position among modern hits before the year is out.
I'm going to guess this guy still ended up being surprised.
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

Christ, they let Roger and Gene show like 6 minutes of the movie!

twilly
AG
Here are some of the other movies opening up against ROTJ that weekend:

Chained Heat
What Have We Learned Charlie Brown
The Terry Fox Story

Fill up a 30 minute show reviewing those.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My hunch is you could combine the lifetime grosses of all three of those and not come close to ROTJ's opening day.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

My hunch is you could combine the lifetime grosses of all three of those and not come close to ROTJ's opening day.
In one city.

Possibly in one theater.
redline248
AG
Oh, Ani...
Keegan99
AG

Oh.
PatAg
AG
I read that article, and the Collider comment in the tweet seems like a big mischaracterization of what JJ said in the interview.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
PatAg said:

I read that article, and the Collider comment in the tweet seems like a big mischaracterization of what JJ said in the interview.
That's hard to believe. In my experience Tweets are never misleading.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I've been revisiting Season 6 of the Clone Wars considering the plot being used in The Bad Batch.

The thing I really love about those first 4 episodes - which are the arc of clone trooper Tup's Order 66 chip getting damaged to where he murders a Jedi, and Arc Trooper Fives desperate attempt to prove the conspiracy, is that even though you know it won't end well, it's so close to undoing what ultimately happens that you secretly are thinking it's going to work and the slaughter will be avoided. All 4 episodes written by Katie Lucas, George's daughter.

That feeling of "if only" is really followed up well in both the final season of Clone Wars, where Ahoska captures Maul and just misses talking to Anakin before he goes to see Palps, as well as in the beginning of the Bad Batch when they try to help Caleb. An alternate reality with Caleb growing up with the Bad Batch would be awesome.

Also love how dark Anakin gets in "The Rise of Clovis" when he catches homeboy trying to kiss Padme. He's far darker there than anything we seen on screen at least in 2 or 3. Beats the guy to a pulp both with and without the Force.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
So I was at a funeral today for an old client of mine....Catholic funeral in Houston. Everything was going pretty typical as far as a church/funeral service goes (or I assume...I'm a strong Christian but not catholic)....so about half way through the service the priest starts talking....

This guy could make a living doing Mark Hamill impersonations....current Mark Hamill not young....and it was the most distracting thing ever.

As soon as I thought I had gotten used to it he would add an inflection to his wording and *BAM* another Mark Hamill reminder. If it were any other service I would have found him afterwards and cracked some jokes.....but ya know....funeral
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You should have asked him to remove his hood dramatically and put it on tiktok for internet karma.
twilly
AG
I know we've gone back and forth about the quality of the sequel trilogy. But this argument has now been settled, as evidenced in this opinion given by the US Court of Appeals - Ninth District.

Ranger fans you're not dreaming! The Rangers are the World Series Champions!
redline248
AG
On one hand, hilarious. On the other hand, no wonder the 9th circuit is considered a joke
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
So much photoshop potential with the very next line from that GIF
israeliag
AG
twilly said:

I know we've gone back and forth about the quality of the sequel trilogy. But this argument has now been settled, as evidenced in this opinion given by the US Court of Appeals - Ninth District.

Don't skip over the Bachelor line too.
Saxsoon
AG
Oops missed the footnote
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Was about to say... it's even highlighted
jokershady
AG
So I was sitting on the crapper today thinking about Star Wars....and an idea hit me and I'm gonna make it known now....my prediction for how The Mandalorian is going to end with regards to Grogu......not going to try to predict how it's going to get there but this is how I think it wraps up and curious to hear opinions

First off....Grogu won't be killed off. No way that happens. But how can they work him in the Star Wars Universe and have it make sense once the series is over?

He's going to join Hera, Sabine, Zeb, and maybe even Ezra on the Ghost. We know the Ghost is still around in TROS and I believe we hear Heras voice at one point during the battle (could be wrong here) so it's an easy tie in for Grogu to become a part of the Ghost crew.

In addition, we know (or expect at least) to see Thrawn at some point with the Ahsoka spin off series, which is why Ezra could play a role here as well and Ahsoka already knows about Grogu already and could serve a role in making this happen.

Ultimately, I could see how all these new series, or at least Mandalorian, Ahsoka, Boba Fett, and even Bad Batch tie in in a way not unlike the MCU and we see Grogus journey show up in parts of each of these shows with it culminating with him joining the Ghost crew.

Just my .02 but that's my prediction
redline248
AG
Hera's kid is likely to need a Jedi teacher if Ezra hasn't been found.
jokershady
AG
Wait did Hera and Kanan knock boots? How do I not remember that?
redline248
AG
It was a short, 15 sec shot of Hera in the Ghost with a little kid in one of the other seats. Implication of it being her son, and logical conclusion is Kanan being the father.

I can't remember if it was more explicitly stated
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

It was a short, 15 sec shot of Hera in the Ghost with a little kid in one of the other seats. Implication of it being her son, and logical conclusion is Kanan being the father.

I can't remember if it was more explicitly stated

It was explicitly stated.
jokershady
AG
Whelp then add that to the mix cause there's no way they can just make that disappear
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
jokershady said:

Wait did Hera and Kanan knock boots? How do I not remember that?
Surprisingly, they did not show an interspecies sex scene on a children's cartoon.
jokershady
AG
hunter2012
AG
They even named him Jacen...

The Debt
Finally watched the rise of Skywalker. Can we promise never to let morons touch major IP again?

The only entertaining moment of the film was rey and corpsman fugly fighting on the hull of the death star with the waves crashing on them. It was shot well and gave you a great sense of the space. Other than that, what a terribad film.
jokershady
AG
Definitely the weakest of the sequel trilogy that's for sure but come on it did have some other solid moments....

How they worked in Leia as difficult as that must've been was done pretty well.

Ben's redemption was done well captivated by the surprise appearance of Han

Luke force lifting the x-wing

Rey communicating with the past Jedi and all the great voices we got to hear

The space chase at the beginning with the light speed jumping

Ben vs Knights of Ren (his little shoulder shrug after getting passed the saber was very Han Solo esqe)

That's just off the top of my head....again plenty of dumb, stupid moments with crap loads of lazy writing but there were still some fun Star Wars moments
PatAg
AG
They just make me wish we could get good movies.
YellowPot_97
AG
jokershady said:

Definitely the weakest of the sequel trilogy that's for sure

I assume you never saw The Last Jedi
First Page Last Page
Page 1038 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.