Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,866 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
sburg2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Starting "heir to the empire" and the entire thrawn trilogy. Why couldn't they just roll with this for the sequel trilogy?
powerbelly
AG
sburg2007 said:

Starting "heir to the empire" and the entire thrawn trilogy. Why couldn't they just roll with this for the sequel trilogy?
We couldn't have that much awesome on film.
redline248
AG
Why pay movie rights to an author when you can hire a bunch of diversity nerds to give you woke wars?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
sburg2007 said:

For starters, Leia and Luke are in their mid-30s in the books and Leia is pregnant with twins. 2015 Carrie Fisher was crabby enough without morning sickness.
sburg2007
OBVIOUSLY we can't take the story verbatim, but it could've advanced with the twins, Thrawn, etc. however, post menopausal Pregnant leia would've been... about as cool as super-man in space leia.
PatAg
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

sburg2007 said:

For starters, Leia and Luke are in their mid-30s in the books and Leia is pregnant with twins. 2015 Carrie Fisher was crabby enough without morning sickness.

Just recast the roles for the people who are too old
YouBet
AG
Han and Lando have already been recast so precedent is set.
redline248
AG
Would Daisy Ridley have made a good Leia?

Obviously has the wrong accent
TCTTS
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
And 19 years later, I still don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
PatAg said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

sburg2007 said:

I wouldn't have gone to see a Star Wars movie post-ROTJ recast Han, Luke, and Leia.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

AliasMan02
AG
sburg2007 said:

OBVIOUSLY we can't take the story verbatim, but it could've advanced with the twins, Thrawn, etc. however, post menopausal Pregnant leia would've been... about as cool as super-man in space leia.

The prequels made this impossible. What the Force is and how it works didn't align with these books. And everything about the Clone Wars played out differently than Zahn wrote it.

Also, hilariously, the Luke of that series had literally fallen to the Dark Side and willingly served as apprentice to a resurrected Emperor. How would the TLJ haters have liked THAT?
AliasMan02
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

PatAg said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

sburg2007 said:

I wouldn't have gone to see a Star Wars movie post-ROTJ recast Han, Luke, and Leia.

It's gonna happen. I think the Sebastian Stan thing possibly has legs, even.

If the stories are important, and they are the myths and epics of our age as we tend to say they are, then the characters have to be bigger than the actors.
Ulrich
AliasMan02 said:

sburg2007 said:

The prequels made this impossible. What the Force is and how it works didn't align with these books. And everything about the Clone Wars played out differently than Zahn wrote it.

Also, hilariously, the Luke of that series had literally fallen to the Dark Side and willingly served as apprentice to a resurrected Emperor. How would the TLJ haters have liked THAT?

If it was a good movie they would probably figure it out. TLJ was a bad movie with some really egregious faults, and once you lose a nerd audience they go nuts picking apart things they would forgive in a movie they otherwise like.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

And you know the opposite is true. You'll never miss a single Star Wars movie. And neither will I.
sburg2007
I JUST started, but I can dig it!
YouBet
AG
AliasMan02 said:

sburg2007 said:

I think that mischaracterizes what happened a bit. He was essentially forced to because he was out matched, and at first, he didn't know he was evil. From what I recall anyway.
Red Five
AG
YouBet said:

AliasMan02 said:

sburg2007 said:

I think that mischaracterizes what happened a bit. He was essentially forced to because he was out matched, and at first, he didn't know he was evil. From what I recall anyway.
Also, Luke joining with the resurrected Palpatine happened after the Thrawn trilogy so it's a moot point as far as wanting to see Heir to the Empire on screen.
YouBet
AG
Red Five said:

YouBet said:

AliasMan02 said:

sburg2007 said:

Also, Luke joining with the resurrected Palpatine happened after the Thrawn trilogy so it's a moot point as far as wanting to see Heir to the Empire on screen.

Lol. True. I had C'baoth in my head.
canadiaggie
AG
Visiting Disneyworld with the fam, walking around Galaxy's Edge today with an Aggie hat on. One of the cast members on my way out of a shop goes "hmm... from the College Station system..."

We're Star Wars canon now boys
TCTTS
AG
That's amazing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
May the gig be with 'em.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
canadiaggie said:

Visiting Disneyworld with the fam, walking around Galaxy's Edge today with an Aggie hat on. One of the cast members on my way out of a shop goes "hmm... from the College Station system..."

Had an experience two years ago similar. Was wearing a well-worn Texas A&M Football shirt (on the day the Ags "lost" to UGA). Stopped to get my picture taken in front of the X-Wing, and the gal taking the photo said, "Gig 'Em, I'm Class of '22".
hunter2012
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

May the gig be with you.
I see your Gig is as big as mine, but do you know how to use it?
Claude!
YouBet said:

AliasMan02 said:

sburg2007 said:

So you're saying that from his point of view...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I like to post this every few years in case anyone on this thread was in attendance, or is the "Beat the hell outta Darth Maul!" guy. (CS Cinemark in Feb 2012)

Saxsoon
AG
canadiaggie said:

I remember asking for directions to Toy Story Land and they pointed in the general direction and said to grab a shuttle to go offworld. The cast members are really incredible at keeping in character.
Saxsoon
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I like to post this every few years in case anyone on this thread was in attendance, or is the "Beat the hell outta Darth Maul!" guy. (CS Cinemark in Feb 2012)

I was at that screening

I wasn't Btho darth Maul but I may be someone else yelling in that video stupid ****
Aggie_Journalist
AG
When I interned in NYC in the summer of 2009, I soon discovered that a dozen+ Star Wars fans would lightsaber duel at sunset in Washington Square Park every Wednesday.

Grabbing a to-go bite and eating in Washington square park became a much more regular thing after that.
Thanks and gig'em
PatAg
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

PatAg said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

sburg2007 said:

You would once you heard the story was amazing and the movie was great...which is clearly not a given
Saxsoon
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CO-vNPgBDZ8
jeffk
AG
If you want it, you have to defeat the current owner in single combat.
JCRiley09
AG
I see we're going by Mando rules and not Rebels rules
First Page Last Page
Page 1035 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.