Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,105 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What I said was true, from a different point of view.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
*Certain
jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

how could you possibly mess up this quote!? You call yourself a Star Trek fan????
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

We do not grant you the rank of master.
TCTTS
Farmer1906
AG
MGS
Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Palpy orders Moff Jerjrrod to turn the Death Star to fire on Endor, knowing Luke's friends are there.

This is in one of the deleted scenes that you can see on Disney+.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
MGS said:

Fat Bib Fortuna said:

Palpy orders Moff Jerjrrod to turn the Death Star to fire on Endor, knowing Luke's friends are there.

This is in one of the deleted scenes that you can see on Disney+.
Alan Rickman auditioned for the part of Jerjerrod!
NPH-
AG
quick question, and sorry if this has already been asked/addressed:

how tf are they bringing hayden christensen into the mix as darth vader if he's already adopted james earl jones' voice and wears the helmet? are they going to have extended scenes with burned up annie with his helmet off?
TCTTS
AG
I'm guessing a couple flashbacks maybe? And then yeah, maybe a scene with Vader sans helmet.
dave94
AG
I think there are many ways they can utilize Hayden's voice. What if they have a shot from his POV, and he would of course hear his own voice when he speaks...?
Malachi Constant
AG
dave94 said:

I think there are many ways they can utilize Hayden's voice. What if they have a shot from his POV, and he would of course hear his own voice when he speaks...?
I remember seeing an article that discussed how Filoni uses his ideas to do some 'positive retconning' to certain elements. One item is how The Mandalorian provides extra context to the situation surrounding the end of the Empire and how the First Order came about.

I'm certain that if they use Hayden in flashbacks, he'll take the opportunity to make the Anakin conversion into Darth Vader seem more logical.

Right now we got "ok yeah, I'm Darth Vader now to save Padme, I guess I'll go start murdering younglings."
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Houston Symphony doing concert for Return of the Jedi while the movie plays on the screen next spring! These are so great.

https://houstonsymphony.org/tickets/concerts/pops-concert-7/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Watched the NY Philharmonic play to Empire Strikes Back and it was amazing.
The Collective
AG
They probably bring Filoni into the project, and he finds a way to make Vader's "noooooo" deep and meaningful.
YouBet
AG
I Have Spoken said:

They probably bring Filoni into the project, and he finds a way to make Vader's "noooooo" deep and meaningful.

I wish he would go all in on Anakins evil and change it to: YEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
C@LAg
Has ObiWan even seen Vader in his get-up? maybe all interactions are based on his impression of age-appropriate (and scarred/burned) Anakin and not Vader.
TCTTS
AG
That's an interesting idea.
dave94
AG
C@LAg said:

Has ObiWan even seen Vader in his get-up? maybe all interactions are based on his impression of age-appropriate (and scarred/burned) Anakin and not Vader.

That's something I hadn't thought about. Do people know who Darth Vader is leading up to ANH? Is there footage of him that Galaxy News Network has shown?

When Obi-Wan meets him on the Death Star, what did he know about what had happened to him?
TCTTS
AG
VADER
"Yoda never told you what happened to Anakin."

OBI-WAN
"He told me enough. He told me I killed him."

VADER
"No... I am Anakin."
dave94
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dro07
AG
Ahsoka knows maybe she long distance calls Obi Juan?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I've made a new thread for this, but since this is the main drag, here it is here too.

Well it took me 2 months to remember about this. So here it is.

You write a Star Wars story! It can be of any era or any characters you want - existing or otherwise.

Maximum Length: 5,000 words
Minimum Length: 500 words

Only rules: No explicit sex. Also, play nice. If you want to write humor or satire that's awesome, but know where the line is.

If you want to participate - shoot me an email at txagssurvivor@mail.com with your:

1) User Name
2) Who your story is about
3) What era it's set in
4) If you want your user name on it when I put them all together in a Google Drive anthology for the board.

Deadline to submit: June 1, 2021

I'll copy edit them without changing anything in your style or voice or plot, and publish them at the end of that week.

Mocking messages expected and encouraged.

Ulrich
dave94 said:

C@LAg said:

That's something I hadn't thought about. Do people know who Darth Vader is leading up to ANH? Is there footage of him that Galaxy News Network has shown?

When Obi-Wan meets him on the Death Star, what did he know about what had happened to him?

In the old Legends, at first everyone including obi-wan thought Anakin was dead, and Vader was just another (super powerful) henchman who showed up months later. Obi-wan figured it out eventually, but only a handful of people in the galaxy knew who Vader really was.
AliasMan02
AG
Did Anakin ever come out as Vader to anyone but Palps in RotS?
Ulrich
AliasMan02 said:

Did Anakin ever come out as Vader to anyone but Palps in RotS?

No one who survived. The people on mustafar knew but he killed them. I don't remember the recording of the ceremony Obi-Wan and Yoda watched having audio.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It did, we hear Yoda say Anakin has been consumed by Darth Vader.
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It did, we hear Yoda say Anakin has been consumed by Darth Vader.

That's right. So that actually kinda cuts off an interesting possible arc in Kenobi, him putting together or discovering that Anakin is Vader.

We know that Kenobi will confront Vader and try to turn him. And that it's a "rematch." But beyond that it's hard to guess at too much.

Maybe Kenobi, upon realizing that Vader is alive, spends much of the series tracking Vader from one atrocity to another, trying to catch up to him.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Even though we haven't heard anything, I'm just really hoping to either see or hear Qui-Gon.

ROTS perfectly sets it up for him to be Obi-Wan's main source of training in his early days on Tatooine.
YouBet
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Even though we haven't heard anything, I'm just really hoping to either see or hear Qui-Gon.

ROTS perfectly sets it up for him to be Obi-Wan's main source of training in his early days on Tatooine.
Does Obi Wan need training at that point? Thought he was a Master.
powerbelly
AG
YouBet said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Does Obi Wan need training at that point? Thought he was a Master.

He needs training to become a force ghost
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yoda tells him he has training for him. At that point they are first just discovering about force ghosts and being able to communicate after death.

It doesn't seem to be something you can just do without training.

Then again, Anakin gets to be one. Maybe he learns of this and we actually see him talk to Qui-Gon. That would be amazing actually.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
19 years ago!

First Page Last Page
Page 1034 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.