Star Wars Discussion Thread

4,176,437 Views | 36444 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by double aught
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He said the kids are 7.

I was 7 in 1995 and I have clear memories of seeing Toy Story on the big screen.

They definitely can remember this if it's an awesome experience.
Malachi Constant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where will the kids be watching?

I hope it's not on the iPad. I assume TC that you've got some nice theater setup. Star Wars on the TV is one thing. Star Wars on the big screen is quite another. It's a travesty to hear John Williams without a nice sound system in place...
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:



I was 7 in 1995
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Malachi Constant said:

Where will the kids be watching?

I hope it's not on the iPad. I assume TC that you've got some nice theater setup. Star Wars on the TV is one thing. Star Wars on the big screen is quite another. It's a travesty to hear John Williams without a nice sound system in place...
He has an 85 inch tv, bro.
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
With no wires showing!
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Malachi Constant said:

Where will the kids be watching?

I hope it's not on the iPad. I assume TC that you've got some nice theater setup. Star Wars on the TV is one thing. Star Wars on the big screen is quite another. It's a travesty to hear John Williams without a nice sound system in place...


I live in LA, and they live in Texas, so I won't be watching these *with* them, save for Empire, which I'll watch with them when I'm home next month. Otherwise, I'll be FaceTiming with them to explain anything that needs explaining from time to time. My sister and her family are moving into a new house next month with a bigger, brand new TV in the living room, which is where they'll be watching most of these. Either there or at my parents' house, which has an 85" TV, where we'll be watching Empire for sure.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This thread is getting into humble bragging territory with all this talk of 85" screens ...
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it really humble bragging when it's not yours? To offset, my sister and her husband currently have a sh*tty, 30-something-inch TV as their primary TV. They hardly show their kids any good movies or shows, and what they do watch is usually on an iPad. Drives me crazy. So whenever I'm home it's up to me to show them the goods on the biggest screen I can find.
I Have Spoken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
85" TVs can be had for under $2k these days. Does that even require a humble brag at this point?
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Psssh, 85" TVs are low key, gotta have a 120"+ projector screen in the media room
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gougler08 said:

Psssh, 85" TVs are low key, gotta have a 120"+ projector screen in the media room
My kids have 85" iPads. Our flat screen is also the roof of our house.



gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Lime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

He said the kids are 7.

I was 7 in 1995 and I have clear memories of seeing Toy Story on the big screen.
Movies must be really important to you. I can't even remember any of the campouts I went on when I was 7. I know I went, but it's almost like they're blocked out.
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Let's be honest, Toy Story is more than a mere movie.
I Have Spoken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw TMNT at the dollar theater when I was 7. I'll never forget it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Lime said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

He said the kids are 7.

I was 7 in 1995 and I have clear memories of seeing Toy Story on the big screen.
Movies must be really important to you. I can't even remember any of the campouts I went on when I was 7. I know I went, but it's almost like they're blocked out.
Most people here are pretty hardcore into movies - my kids' first movie was Inside Out when they were 3 years old, and they both have fond memories of it 6 years later.

My first movie was Episode IV, but that's kind of cheating because my dad took us to see it 7 times in weeks so it's impossible not to remember that joy ride.
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Land Before Time at age 5
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jurassic Park, age 5
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty similar movies actually.
canadiaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Lime said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

He said the kids are 7.

I was 7 in 1995 and I have clear memories of seeing Toy Story on the big screen.
Movies must be really important to you. I can't even remember any of the campouts I went on when I was 7. I know I went, but it's almost like they're blocked out.
I still remember watching Fellowship of the Ring for the first time when I was 7, maybe nearly 8. My dad made a makeshift projector screen with a sheet in our apartment and we watched it together. One of my favorite memories. Of course I was hooked and enthralled.
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow, here I was thinking I was one of the younger people on this board.

Great movie to see so young though.
Harry Lime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I made a really bad joke that was apparently missed. Probably for the best.
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Lime said:

I made a really bad joke that was apparently missed. Probably for the best.
I just ignored it because it was gross.
Red Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jeffk said:

Land Before Time at age 5
I think this may have been my first time to the theatre at age 7, but the one I remember most was my Grandma taking me to see TMNT at age 9.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My first was either Disney's Robin Hood or Godzilla Versus the Smog Monster.

Any of you **** call me grandpa and I'll ...
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Is it really humble bragging when it's not yours? To offset, my sister and her husband currently have a sh*tty, 30-something-inch TV as their primary TV. They hardly show their kids any good movies or shows, and what they do watch is usually on an iPad. Drives me crazy. So whenever I'm home it's up to me to show them the goods on the biggest screen I can find.
Understood. No, you aren't personally bragging. I have several screens of varying sizes, largest being 50" and I can't say I know anyone with a screen as big as 85". My wife started checking out a Vitamix (fancy blender, which she already freaking has) at Costco earlier this week, to which I responded by saying I was going to check out that "big ass" TV a couple rows over.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She gets a blender, you get a big ass TV. Sounds like a perfectly fair compromise to me.
I Have Spoken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I have several screens of varying sizes


Cue up Vivaldi
bluefire579
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First I remember seeing in theaters was Little Mermaid (probably around 3 or 4). I don't remember much about the movie until I rewatched on home video, though. Also vaguely remember seeing Peter Pan in theaters around that time.

Land Before Time was another one I watched a ton of, probably around 5 like the poster above, but that was all vhs as far as I remember. So many sequels that popped up later.
I Have Spoken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For some reason I associate The Land Before Time with Pizza Hut... not sure if marketing or just what we had the night my parents rented it for me.

I realize this is random, but that is how early memories work. Now, I'm starving and stuck at my son's soccer practice.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I Have Spoken said:

For some reason I associate The Land Before Time with Pizza Hut... not sure if marketing or just what we had the night my parents rented it for me.

I realize this is random, but that is how early memories work. Now, I'm starving and stuck at my son's soccer practice.

Pizza Hut used to do a bunch of cool marketing things with movies. They had those little hand puppets for Land Before Time, and they'd do like sweet pint glasses for other things. I remember E.T. and maybe even the Care Bears.

edit: I remember the ET ones looking cooler than that picture, lol


jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still have several of those puppets myself.
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The long proud history of Star Wars child actors lives on!

YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Is it really humble bragging when it's not yours? To offset, my sister and her husband currently have a sh*tty, 30-something-inch TV as their primary TV. They hardly show their kids any good movies or shows, and what they do watch is usually on an iPad. Drives me crazy. So whenever I'm home it's up to me to show them the goods on the biggest screen I can find.
Understood. No, you aren't personally bragging. I have several screens of varying sizes, largest being 50" and I can't say I know anyone with a screen as big as 85". My wife started checking out a Vitamix (fancy blender, which she already freaking has) at Costco earlier this week, to which I responded by saying I was going to check out that "big ass" TV a couple rows over.


Do you eat only the best foods?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Do you eat only the best foods?
Nah ... I can easily find something to eat at places the folks on the Houston board turn their noses up at.
First Page Last Page
Page 1025 of 1042
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.