what is the best buffet in las vegas?

3,326 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by maroon barchetta
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i may be going over spring break. tell me what is the best buffet in both quality and quantity, but mostly quality!
Whoop05
AG
I'll be there too...

I think the best buffet is at Bellagio. I've heard Rio is really really good, too.
schmendeler
AG
i read that bellagio is close to $50, though.. if it's THAT good i may try it.
Whoop05
AG
Not their buffet! It didn't cost NEAR that when I went...They do jump the price on special holidays and during events. We paid $16 per person at lunch. I'm thinking dinner was $30ish, but there's a big difference between $30 and $50...
schmendeler
AG
that's not so bad, esp if you don't have to tip. LOL
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Aladdins is good. Its about $22.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
these buffets have gotten more and more expensive over the years. I remember in the early 90s when they were like $9.95 for the really good ones. now you cant get a good one for less than $18 or so.
jagouar1
AG
I personally like the Sahara Prime Rib dinner (prime rib, potato, salad and bread), $6.50 for a pretty good meal.

Not a big fan of buffet's anymore in vegas, they have gotten too expensive unless you find a 2 for 1 coupon.

[This message has been edited by jagouar1 (edited 1/12/2005 12:10a).]
Gator2_01
AG
you guys realize that as long as you're getting rated while you play you can get these comped. all you have to do is play for a few hours and then go to their "member services" desk and ask for it.

"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
Whoop05
AG
I don't play near enough for free food.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Gator:

I play alot, what do you think the minimum time is at a table to get some comps?
tiny94
Rio
Blue Trane
Aladdin and Rio are probably the best value.
TexAg2004
AG
The Luxor has a nice buffet for about $10 a person - the big pyramid one
Mustang1
AG
Aladdin, Paris, and Bellagio are considered the best. Mirage and TI have recently remodeled their buffets so you may want to give them a shot.

If you gamble with a players card you can keep track of your comps.
TomDoss97
The Bellagio buffet is outstanding. I cannot recommend it highly enough. It's $36 for dinner and it's a bargain. The Rio buffet is also very good, as is the one at Aladdin.
Goose
AG
My gambling experiences have led me to believe that for me, it's alot (and I mean ALOT) cheaper to just drop 20 or 30 on the buffet. I just buy my own beer too; you'll find places that you can get $1 or $2 longnecks almost all the time
skrangeo
The Rio
barney94
AG
Paris buffet is good.
JBAggie00
Aladdin
jwag
AG
Just went last weekend. There was actually a rather long wait for the Bellagio buffet. 'Dishes' in Treasure Island isn't bad at all though...
army01
AG
Maybe is was just me, but overall, I was not impressed with the buffets out there. Bellagio, Flamingo, or the crap downtown.

Flamingo had crablegs on Wednesday night, so that was good, but outside of that, I give the buffets two thumbs down.
Anonymous Source
S
The Big Kitchen Buffet at Bally's.

Gig 'Em
PLUM LOCO
AG
RIO
ColoradoMooseHerd
Mirage has one of the best for normal food at a decent price right about $20
LubBec
You guys have GOT to be kidding about the Rio buffet. The poster said "quality" more than "quantity". The Rio is ALL about QUANTITY... the quality is ZERO! Sure, there is a TON of food and the mere size of the buffet is enormous, but the food is just plain BAD! If you want quality, I would suggest Mirage. The food is excellent! Bally's Big Kitchen has a great Breakfast.. but the dinner menu is only fair.

Not a buffet but the italian restaurant (can't remember the name) in New York New York can't be beat! The food is AWESOME! Try it... you won't be disappointed.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
have to disagree on the quality aspect of your post about Rio. After Aladdin, Rio is the best as far as quality/bang for your buck. I think Rio is pretty good.
djaggie00
AG
i don't know if its a buffet, but i've heard great things about...

"Lotus of Siam"

Edit...there is a 5.99 lunch buffet

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/moredining.cfm?h_id=51887

[This message has been edited by djaggie00 (edited 1/12/2005 10:37a).]
maestro2002
quote:
I personally like the Sahara Prime Rib dinner (prime rib, potato, salad and bread), $6.50 for a pretty good meal.

Agreed. Sahara's buffet and assorted restaurants are good places to eat on the last day when you're totally broke. heh.

Sahara's a good "budget" place all-around, actually. It's certainly not ornate, but it's better than a motel. I like it, and they give me free rooms, so it works.
schmendeler
AG
thanks alot for all the replies! if you want, keep 'em coming, but you given me alot to look over. the bellagio is looking good...

but i've heard good things about the big kitchen as well. decisions, decisions. perhaps both!
12gauge
AG
"I'll take some of the yella....and don't get cheap on meh!!"
Tom Hagen
AG
I really liked the Alladin. Lunch was around $16. The Bellagio was a disappointment for the price (over $30 for dinner). A lot of their big ticket items were foods that I don't like to eat (like sushi).
Big Sugi
Bellagio was spectacular. Around $30, though it was two years ago. I could finally say "I've eaten eight different meats. I'm a true renaissance man!"
Venison, beef, pork, chicken, turkey, lamb, buffalo, and rabbit, all in one sitting. Plus a couple other odds and ends like four desserts and assorted other sundry treats. We were there for an hour and a half.

I also really enjoyed the buffet at Todai in the Aladdin. Great sushi and seafood, plus a nice mix of Occidental items.
ParisTx04
I stayed at Aladdin this past summer, it's buffet is good for lunch and dinner, not really so great breakfast. Call me gross, but I liked Circus Circus' breakfast the best.
TAMU98AG
Supper...Platinum Buffet at Caesars.
Breakfast...Champagne Brunch at Excalibur...on the cheap side breakfast at Circus Circus rocks.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.