Best First Date

6,566 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Crusaders41
Geralt of Rivia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
NoahAg said:

lunchbox said:

NoahAg said:

AustinCountyAg said:

when I was coaching high school baseball I made a comment about a girl I saw in the bleachers. Players overheard me and said it was one of their sisters. They introduce us, we go on a date at Chili's. After Chili's I take her to Walmart because I need milk and bread. Fast forward, two kids later and we still married. And she still spends too much money!. lol
HS baseball coach taking home a student. Did y'all get married before or after your prison sentence?
It is possible to have an older sister...
Still sounds creepy and irresponsible for a HS coach to comment on a girl's appearance to his players.

He said his players overheard, not that he was saying it to the players. You seem to be trying to make it out to be more than it is
AggieVictor10
AG
Lights out first date?
Dice
AG
My wife and I met at A&M because a mutual friend thought we should. Sheer coincidence. Our first real "date" involved going to a George Strait concert in Brenham at a skating rink. This was back in 1983, I believe. And we had a blast! We still like our live music. The photo is us in Nashville this past spring, at Brooklyn Bowl, enjoying Mike Campbell and the Dirty Knobs.
TexasRebel
AG
Silver Wings.
Dice
AG
Yes! We had one in El Campo, as well!
Seabreeze
Dice said:

My wife and I met at A&M because a mutual friend thought we should. Sheer coincidence. Our first real "date" involved going to a George Strait concert in Brenham at a skating rink. This was back in 1983, I believe. And we had a blast! We still like our live music. The photo is us in Nashville this past spring, at Brooklyn Bowl, enjoying Mike Campbell and the Dirty Knobs.

George Straight in a skating rink.. lol that's awesome
UTExan
B-1 83 said:

I had worked with a cute little blonde, a class ahead of me, in the Soil and Crops Sciences labs for a year or so. In the fall of 81 all of Dr. M-i-l-f-o-r-d's student workers got together for happy hour at Casa Tomas pretty regularly, and after a few margaritas and nachos I asked her out. We watched "Stripes" at the campus theater, then went back to my dorm room to watch the Astros playoff game. We didn't watch much of the game……. We were married in the summer of '83, and I held her hand when she passed in 2012.

Shed a tear when I read that. I guess we can all thank God for time with our spouses because we never know what tomorrow holds.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
AMW2010
AG
I don't know if it's the best, but I went out a date with an Aussie girl last night, and I swear I could have listened to her talk for ever! Met at this cool little coffee place in the med center and 3 hours later, I was taking her home.
B-1 83
AG
Dice said:

Long time no see, my friend.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Hideyowives
BBQ Turkey and sechs
Lex
Sounds gross.
Hideyowives
Don't knock it til you try it
Dice
AG
Likewise, Amigo!
jokershady
AG
Met this girl in high school who caught my attention my senior year (she was a junior)…had the classic "girl next door" look that I admire

Heard she was in a relationship with another guy so I kept my distance….but turns out they were having issues and she was wanting to break it off….I still kept my distance other than being a friend to talk to about it….

Whelp, turns out she had the hots for me and told me how she felt over the phone to which I replied, "I would love to take you on a date and be your boyfriend." I found out later on that she went running around the house like a goofball (her words)….

We waited a touch longer so it wouldn't look bad of us going on a date so recently after she had broken up with the other guy….and we decided on the all time American classic film, Scary Movie 3. We had fun.

Afterwards we go out to my truck and we're just chatting about what we watched and continuing small talk, when finally I sack up and kiss her, which fortunately continued for a few minutes…..when we stopped the first words out of my mouth were, "You have NO IDEA how long I've been wanting to do that" which gave her a good laugh. That was in 2003.

Been married for 12 years and together for 19 years….high school sweethearts
ThunderCougarFalconBird
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
This post is amazing. George Strait at a skating rink in brenham, great love story, still love live music, poster follows rule #1, and in spite of the obvious outkick manages to hang in there with the dapper bow tie and suspenders at Brooklyn bowl. Well done.
bigcat22
AG
When I was 23 I took this girl out one Friday night. Even wore a new cologne. Anyways, we started making out which led to her taking off my pants, but then I decided to turn on the tv. And at that moment, she got up and walked away from me.
Crusaders41
Walking out of a graduation we had both attended and she asked me what I was doing that night (we knew each other already). Told her I was going to a dance club and she asked to go along and I obliged. We dated for the summer and then broke up. Reconnected a few years later and eventually got married. Lasted 14 years before she decided I wasn't the one. Divorced a couple of years now and have had several great first dates since with several different women, but none of them have stuck yet.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.