You USAA members will appreciate this…..

2,321 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Big Cat `93
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just cancelled the ranch truck and homeowners on the ranch effective after the sale. My dad was a USAA member for 69 years. The operator said that was the longest she'd seen.

I know……..take it to Facebook, but I thought it was pretty cool.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
LPHA
AG
B-1 83 said:

nice
Claude!
69 years. Nice.

Also, obligatory USAA has gone downhill statement.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Maybe you can give your Dads membership to Gronk!
B-1 83
AG
Claude! said:

69 years. Nice.

They kissed his ass for the last 6 months on his policies and let them fly under the Estate.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
to think someone was paying damn near double market rates for that long. USAA insurance is a scam.
AG
Claude! said:

69 years. Nice.

Used to work for them. It's a good company but they just grew way too fast and couldn't keep up with it internally.

Also, moved most of my insurance products from them due to price but the service was always good.
RVAg02
AG
B-1 83 said:

The operator said that was the longest she'd seen.
not hedge
YOU SOLD IT?!
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
210 said:

Claude! said:

69 years. Nice.

moved most of my insurance products from them due to price but the service was always good.
Yeah, that's true. Customer service was great. One claim, and they were super helpful.

When I got a competing quote for roughly half of what I was paying them and asked them to match the dude pretty much told me I should switch.
oldschool87
AG
B-1 83 said:

I just cancelled the ranch truck and homeowners on the ranch effective after the sale. My dad was a USAA member for 69 years. The operator said that was the longest she'd seen.

I know……..take it to Facebook, but I thought it was pretty cool.
And your rates went up...
oldschool87
AG
I don't know if it's karma or not, but got a story for you Ag's...

Been with USAA since 88. Raised 2 boys, both had trucks, all accidents were in our driveway, that is a discussion for another case of beer. Anyway, rates were just stupid before the fender benders in the driveway and just went up over the years. 5 cars, + Homeowners and I was spending a chunk of my retirement each month.

Finally got the kids off the payroll and my rates went down, but not like they should. Hail storm came, got a new roof, then moved my Homeowners to All state for 6 years.

Long story short, shopped around again this last January. and USAA came in with a fair price, so I switched back. Not sure I had made my first payment. Hail storm #2 cane to North TX took both cars and our roof, fence, siding, gutters, shutters, etc. out! They wrote checks for a lot of money, an insane amount of money... And I had not even made a payment yet.

Customer Service cannot be beat! Think I will stay a while now, I think were even.
Eliminatus
AG
I know it's not the cheapest by any means, but also not double the rates like I have seen claimed elsewhere. At least not for me. Have had two claims in about ten years and they went above and beyond for those. Far more I have seen for others with similar. A stolen truck (recovered) and hail damage. Have also had to do roadside service a couple of times. The contractors they used for those were solid and had good experiences with both.

Should I shop around? Probably. Will I? Probably not. There is something to be said for peace of mind and until they burn me, I've been happy with them.

Just an anecdotal data point for thought.
matureag
AG
matureag
AG
matureag said:

I have been a member for over 50 plus years and they have always stepped up through 4 new roofs, several auto "events." and a lost ring. Got too big for their britches on the investment and expanded eligibility side of things but still with them and will likely stay.
JABQ04
AG
I just switched to homeowners with USAA. Considerably cheaper than my previous policy. Also I know I could get cheaper auto insurance but we've had a couple claims and USAA has bent over backwards to accommodate.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Gonna be a hell of a dividend check after 69 years.

I got some decent money back from them after cancelling all of my insurance products, so look out for that.
Gunny456
AG
Been with them 31 years. Everything on the ranch. Check their prices every two years. For apples to apples coverages nobody beats them. Have a few claims and a major house fire. Could not have asked for better service. And they did not go up after the fire.
B-1 83
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Gonna be a hell of a dividend check after 69 years.

I got some decent money back from them after cancelling all of my insurance products, so look out for that.
Yep
swimmerbabe11
10 years. my experience when I've had claims has been incredible.
wangus12
AG
The only time we've ever had to use them was when we were robbed in 2018. They replaced everything at what we paid for it rather than what it was worth.
permabull
AG
Used them for renters and car insurance for a good chunk of my life and had a good claim experience on the auto side so stuck when them when I bought my house even though they cost more than everyone else. I had one home claim and they treated me like a criminal and jacked my rates up so I switched.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I've been a member for just shy of 25 years. Their rates aren't the best, but not so much higher that it's worth the hassle of switching. The only accident they paid up on was when another USAA member hit me, so the weren't paying up against me. I had a homeowners claim for Hurricane Ike and they treated me very well. They put $500 in my bank account to replace all the groceries I lost when the power was out for a week without me even having to ask for it. My rates never went up.

The banking side on the other hand ... eff that. Run away.
Builder93
AG
My mom has been a member for about 60 years. When she went to get a small loan the loan officer said her credit was the highest she had ever seen.
gigemags-99
AG
hypeiv said:

Used them for renters and car insurance for a good chunk of my life and had a good claim experience on the auto side so stuck when them when I bought my house even though they cost more than everyone else. I had one home claim and they treated me like a criminal and jacked my rates up so I switched.

To be fair though, you probably are a criminal.
gigemags-99
AG
Member for 25+ years. Haven't shopped quotes in a while, but I wouldn't switch anyway. You truly do get what you pay for and the coverage / service is unmatched.

The bank has had limited products, but that really seems to be changing here recently.
Ags4DaWin
B-1 83 said:

The operator said that was the longest she'd seen.

That's what she said.
Big Cat `93
AG
I'm a member thanks to my Army veteran dad. Their customer service will keep me a member. They sent people out to look at my parents' home after they had storm damage without being asked. More than once, I believe. The last time was just a bad thunderstorm, not a hurricane. (They had damage from both Rita and Ike.)

I loved that their reps always called my dad captain when they talked to him even though he got his discharge in 1970.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.